Onfido Reviews

Updated 30 Jul 2020

4.3
Onfido CEO, CoFounder   Husayn Kassai
Husayn Kassai
  1. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - IT Support Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Onfido full-time for less than a year

Pros

Easily one of the best jobs I've had. Open honest managers and executives. Flat structure and open door policy. Allowed to be autonomous in respective role and not micro-managed. Management always willing to find a better way and open to consider suggestions, changes and feedback. Great environment to work in with great culture, diverse backgrounds with no silos for knowledge. Colleagues are respectful, inviting and easy to work with. Colleagues are always happy to offer training and advice if needed. Incredible core values that work well and enable the success of the business!

Cons

None - ensure you align with prospective job and you will love working at Onfido.

2. "Awesome!"

Current Employee - Systems Coordinator

I have been working at Onfido full-time for less than a year

Pros

Real good community feel here. I really enjoy it! Feel like part of a family.

Cons

Not being able to be in the office physically. Not their fault but I had to put something in the cons box

3. "Onfido - An amazing Learning experience"

Current Employee - Vendor Management in Chandigarh

I have been working at Onfido full-time

Pros

It has been 4 months i have been a part of this organisation but this experience of mine has certainly taken my curiosity to learn to a different level. An extremely employee centric company which gives you a feeling of being an entrepreneur while being an employee of the company. They Trust in you, give you the freedom to work in your own way, support you to learn till the time you gain expertise in your role. Given a chance, one should not miss a chance to be a part of this company and take their career, their skills, their confidence to a distinct level.

Cons

Din't really come across any so far..!!

4. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Finance

I have been working at Onfido full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working alongside and learning from clever, motivated peers Open culture, where everyones opinions are valued

Cons

Nothing to note. Nature of work is fast paced and constantly changing / improving - need want to be a part of that

"An amazing team to be part of"

Current Employee - Vice President of Operations in London, England

I have been working at Onfido full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's really nice to feel part of something rather than just going to work. The atmosphere and diversity mean there's never a dull moment and you constantly learn from the great people around you. All 3 founders are still active in the business are stronger drivers of this culture. The executive team are all inspiring leaders in their fields. I personally work most closely with COO, CFO and CRO who have all been very supportive of my career growth. They all truly care about the teams the lead and will make time for you whenever you need it. It is also nice to work in the forefront of machine learning. When I joined Onfido I treated it like an investment in my career. I wanted to work in an industry thats growing fast and I want to back the winning horse. Online Identity is booming and thanks to our approach using machine learning we are doing just that. Everyone who joins gets equity in the company and it's great to feel like you genuinely own (a small) part of the company. Onfido nearly doubles in size every year, and it's been amazing to welcome so many more very talented to my team. in the short time. Having been here slighty over a year, I can honestly say it's the best decision I've ever made.

Cons

As we are growing at such pace, there will always be challenges that need resolving quickly. We are a company of doers, so you need to be happy to role up your sleeves. I personally like this, but it's clearly different than working for an established company.

"Shiny Happy People!"

I have been working at Onfido full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Culture: passion, minimal politics, people care, strong (authentic) values, a decent amount of humility, plus lashings of drive and ambition - Technology: Onfido operates in a fascinating space which is only going to become more prominent / important in the years ahead. The ability of the org to be (really) good at what is does centres on a (very) gifted Engineering team who design, build and tweak excellent products. If you're in engineering, you'll probably really like it here - People: most folks are super engaged, accessible, helpful and look out for the common good. There are many ways to connect outside the day to day (socials, clubs, shared spaces, company wide meetings etc). I'm particularly impressed by the tone from the top - execs are still very hands-on and prepared to roll-up their sleeves to get stuff done / additionally they make time for people regardless of title and have a strong vision for the company

Cons

- Standard scaling stuff & associated noise: there is always a lot to do and a lot going on. Taking a step back and rationalising some of this seems important as the company grows. At times, priorities are a bit unclear and working long hours can be the default to keep on top of the noise and handle everything coming down the track. - Structure: linked to the above, a clearer structure (re: titles, promotions, standard systems & processes etc) will assist the org grow, keep people happy and reduce a bit of complexity.

"Proud to work here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Onfido full-time for less than a year

Pros

Onfido do their utmost to put us first, and in these current uncertain times they were ahead of the game and planned impeccably a comfortable and stressless transition to work from home. Nice to be part of such a thoughtful working community. You have a voice at Onfido and you are genuinely listened to. The best career move I could have made. A forward and fast thinking Company that is genuinely trying to make changes for the greater good. Love it.

Cons

Very hard to find any faults!

"Best job I've had"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Onfido full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work/life balance, Sanctus mental health coaching, great colleagues, great opportunities to learn, good office

Cons

Things change fast, and some people are on a different cadence to others, but there's a genuine focus on culture and people are generally very understanding. There's definitely a place for circumspect and patient thinkers as well as the breakers and changers

Continue reading

"Great place to work with unique opportunities to have enormous impact"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager

I have been working at Onfido full-time for less than a year

Pros

Mature start up environment with an electric atmosphere of opportunity.

Cons

Fast paced growth requiring very quick process adaptation

Onfido Response

January 27, 2020Cofounder & COO

Thanks for the fantastic review!

"Going big or going home...."

Current Employee - Chief Product Officer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Onfido full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I figured I just hit my 2 year anniversary here and I could share some thoughts that might help you as a prospective colleague of ours make a very important career decision. Reviews in general are often biased by the extremes, I hope this gives you some objective information to evaluate. 1) Our market is large and growing, which is great for Onfido and our challengers in the market. When reviewing a company for potential employment, it all starts here. What is even better is the market is just starting to peak, a great time for joining. 2) Our product and technology were built for the long-term. We did not hurry or take short cuts, but we did have some gaps along the way as we built out a multi-component platform. This is not unlike any other industry that started from scratch. 3) We are absolutely non-compromising on hiring high quality people. Yes, this can create an open position for while, and in some cases we find out that a set of hires might not have been correct. But unlike a lot of companies, these adjustments are made promptly. These are never great experiences for the company or individuals involved. But, not acting is worse for both parties. 4) There is a lot of investment into the culture of the company, moreso relative to other companies I have seen. If you like the culture and it works for you, you will be satisfied with this aspect. No idea if off the table. 5) Our company goals are to win. It is that simple. That is going to bring huge expectations for effort, pace, creativity and quality. Want an easy job? We are not the right place. Want to work with people going big or going home? Take a deeper look. Enjoy pushing yourself and learning each day? Again, that is who we are.

Cons

I look at this section as more "risks" and risks usually have mitigation factors as this size of company, so most things are fixable if not perfect today. However, there are some characteristics that might not be right for you that I will share, so you are not surprised in any way through our recruitment process or onboarding. 1) We are a very young company and as such we are going to make some unique mistakes. But, we are also going to do some things that are unique, bold and unaffected by past precedent bias. An old dog can learn new tricks here, but also directly impact experiential wisdom, which is directly sought out by this Learning culture. There are countless examples of world-class companies started by young founders with experienced executive teams. We of course aim to be the next great company and are not thinking about second place. However, this is a specific type of company unlike a more typical seasoned-CEO-led tech company. Hang on for the ride! 2) We were still dialing in our leadership team while we also had to build an execution team, which admittedly was not 100% perfect in execution. Hindsight is always 100% accurate and can be a cruel judge. But having key leaders in place is absolutely critical to building a great company and the good news 2019 saw the completion of the executive team some key VPs. We also have been continuously hiring fantastic talent into the organization at all levels. We all take hiring as a priority. 3) A global remit in this kind of product/company domain is huge and requires extreme prioritization. Getting good at that as a company requires deliberate practice and continual challenging. We get better at that each quarter, each year but rate ourselves hard on that and will always have room too improve, especially in a frothy market. 4) A global company needs extremely effective communicators internally and externally. This becomes a necessary part of your job, regardless of level. If you don't understand, embrace and execute this, it might not be the right place for you. You need to have thick skin, and constantly take feedback to calibrate your approach. But when you do, you will find that this extremely smart and hard working company will scale your thinking and efforts right along side. 5) Attacking the world from London is a unique angle. We are not your typical Silicon Valley company but we embody a lot of aspects of those companies in our executive leadership and operational pattens and how we look at building product that is massively useful to our customers. We hope to get the best of both worlds but this is a complex formula and one we will need to iterate further to get right. Want to be part of a truly global company?

Found 122 reviews