Onfido Employee Reviews about "fast growing"

Updated Jan 14, 2021

Found 10 of over 150 reviews

4.1
Onfido CEO Mike Tuchen (no image)
Mike Tuchen
Pros
  • "Work/life balance, Sanctus mental health coaching, great colleagues, great opportunities to learn, good office(in 12 reviews)

• "Benefits include flexible working, mental health coaching, fully stocked kitchen with fresh food pretty much every day(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Onfido is a fast growing start-up(in 7 reviews)

• "Vague career progression path in most engineering roles(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "fast growing"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company with a fantastic culture

Jan 14, 2021 - Operations in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Onfido has one of the best cultures I have experienced. Everyone wants you to be the best you can and the work is challenging, yet rewarding

Cons

Some internal processes need to be changed in order to keep up with the fast growing nature of the company, but I'm sure this will happen in due time.

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great vision and product

Jul 30, 2019 - Sales in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

It has been a really great experience so far. The onboarding was intense but very valuable. You get to meet fellow Newfidos and instantly have some friends in every department. Onfido really makes sure you get to know the entire business including a Q&A session with the founders. Made me feel very comfortable from Day 1. The culture is great and the leadership team do a good job to make sure it is maintained. Not easy for such a fast growing company. Benefits include flexible working, mental health coaching, fully stocked kitchen with fresh food pretty much every day. Lot's of opportunities to learn and develop, such Onfido university. Everyone is super friendly and approachable, including C and VP level. Last but not least, the product is second to none and our clients love it. Made the right choice.

Cons

Onfido is a fast growing start-up. You have to take your own initiative sometimes to get answers and help, however everyone is happy to take time for you. You will have to put some hard work in for time to time, but you will see the results.

Thanks for the review!

3. 5.0
      Current Intern, less than 1 year

Outstanding Experience

Nov 15, 2019 - Business Development Associate in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Client-centric Inspiring leaders Diligent, engaged colleagues Strong, balanced cultural values Friendly yet professional culture Fast-growing, dynamic environment Hard-working, approachable executives Weekly review of company tactics to improve Fantastic potential for growth over next decade Many strong opportunities to invest in your career development Skilful, experienced senior colleagues joining from pioneering tech companies

Cons

Nothing significant coming to mind

1 person found this review helpful

Cofounder & COO

Thanks for the positive review, glad to hear you're enjoying your time with us.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A young but mature company with great potential!!!

Dec 31, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Impressive level of energy within the organisation, great culture and all other main ingredients that made a great company!!

Cons

Like all fast growing company, it must prepare itself for the next phase.

Cofounder & COO

Thanks for your positive review. It's tough to keep energy levels high when you move so fast... so I'm glad we've impressed you :)

5. 5.0

Best Company I've worked for

Jan 1, 2018 - Customer Success Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

passionate and smart team always willing to help. Onfido is the place to be if you want a company that cares about you. The People Team and cofounders spend so much time looking after the employees. Ask anyone from the team the best thing about Onfido and they will say "people" or "culture". also career opportunities, myself and my peers have joined in one role and transitioned to another one as we grow. company cares about careers. good pay vs other startups

Cons

nothing comes to mind. fast growing so if you don't like that you may be better suited to a larger company which is more steady.

Cofounder & COO

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a balanced review. And agree with the "fast-growing" comment - it can take some getting used to for those new to startup life.

6. 5.0

Analytics Lead

Nov 13, 2017 - Analytics Lead in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Fantastic team - smart, ambitious and agile - Autonomy - chance to have a lot of control and influence on your work in a fast growing start up - Constantly Improving - a lot of investment means there's an opportunity to accelerate projects to improve process/infrasture/tools etc. If you can find a better way then you are encouraged to execute.

Cons

- Classic cons with a fast growing startup: hard to have a well defined career path, priorities can change quickly and you need to adapt.

4 people found this review helpful

Cofounder & COO

Thanks for the positive review - and the word of warning regarding the need to adapt. Good advice.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great people and an amazing place to work

Jan 12, 2017 - Team Lead in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

* Diversity, which brings varying point of views and solutions to problems and also encourages creativity and innovation. * Very open and welcoming environment. Team and management are very supportive. * Challenging work with opportunities to learn and develop every day. * Regularity and effectiveness of feedback.

Cons

* As a fast-growing startup, you sometimes get bursts of heavy workload * Performance review process is getting better but still needs work

4 people found this review helpful

Onfido Response

Hey, Thank you for this review. Ellie looking at how we can make our Performance Review better (to be honest, she's always looking at ways we can improve in every aspect) but if you've got any suggestions for how we can make Performance Review better, come and have a chat to us in the People team. Cheers, ZeShaan

8. 5.0

Great Place to Work

Nov 15, 2017 - Software in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Onfido is a very ambitious fast growing company so there is plenty of opportunity to achieve a lot, both in terms of impacting the product and personal development. As a tech company Onfido puts high value in its employees and as such we are treated very well.

Cons

It's still a job. Diversity is poor, in particular the gender imbalance needs to be improved.

Cofounder & COO

Thanks for the positive review, and for pointing out the gender imbalance. It's something we're aware of and have taken our first steps towards addressing: https://medium.com/onfido-tech/the-first-steps-improving-inclusivity-and-diversity-at-onfido-751bb480282f

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Onfido is a great company

Jun 24, 2016 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Onfido is one of the best companies I have worked with. It is a fast growing startup in UK. The team is very smart. Founders know why are doing.

Cons

Nothing can be mentioned here.

3 people found this review helpful

Cofounder & COO

Thanks for your review! So glad that you're enjoying your time in our engineering team, we're very proud of what we're building :)

10. 3.0
      Former Employee

Average place to start your career

Mar 28, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Passionate CEO - Fast growing company - Work life balance is respected.

Cons

- Very low salaries compared to the pressure of the roles - Favoritism within senior management - Blame culture rather than support - Unconvincing identity/company values

11 people found this review helpful

Cofounder & COO

Hi there, It’s Eamon here, thanks for the review. I’m sorry to hear that your experience at Onfido was only average - my cofounders and I aim for something significantly better than that! That said, I’m glad that you were inspired by Husayn’s vision, and that the growth opportunities alongside our focus on work/ life balance were all things that did work for you. I’ve responded to the point about salaries elsewhere, so here will just say that Onfido invests significant time and effort into ensuring that we have up-to-date market benchmarks, and that we apply that data fairly and consistently to our team. I’ll also say that, given our emphasis on employee experience (including benefits, company socials and events learning opportunities etc) - and given that every Onfido is a shareholder - we think about compensation as an overall package, rather than something that is purely about base salary. Likewise to your point about our company values being unconvincing - it’s absolutely your prerogative to be unconvinced! Onfido has worked hard recently on improving our culture fit interviews, to try to identify those misalignments early on. We also keep our values under constant review - at the moment, Ellie's leading a project to crowdsource ideas on how we can refresh our values for 2018. Many Onfidoers have already contributed, and many more will do so in the coming weeks. I hope that you’ve found a role that you really enjoy, and am grateful to you for taking the time to leave this review.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 English Reviews