Onfido Employee Reviews about "mental health"

Updated 18 Mar 2020

4.3
Onfido CEO, CoFounder   Husayn Kassai
Husayn Kassai
Pros
  • "Work/life balance, Sanctus mental health coaching, great colleagues, great opportunities to learn, good office(in 12 reviews)

• "Benefits include flexible working, mental health coaching, fully stocked kitchen with fresh food pretty much every day(in 9 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "mental health"

Return to all Reviews

"Best job I've had"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

Pros

Cons

Things change fast, and some people are on a different cadence to others, but there's a genuine focus on culture and people are generally very understanding. There's definitely a place for circumspect and patient thinkers as well as the breakers and changers

Continue reading

"Great vision and product"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England

I have been working at Onfido full-time for less than a year

Pros

It has been a really great experience so far. The onboarding was intense but very valuable. You get to meet fellow Newfidos and instantly have some friends in every department. Onfido really makes sure you get to know the entire business including a Q&A session with the founders. Made me feel very comfortable from Day 1. The culture is great and the leadership team do a good job to make sure it is maintained. Not easy for such a fast growing company. Benefits include flexible working, mental health coaching, fully stocked kitchen with fresh food pretty much every day. Lot's of opportunities to learn and develop, such Onfido university. Everyone is super friendly and approachable, including C and VP level. Last but not least, the product is second to none and our clients love it. Made the right choice.

Cons

Onfido is a fast growing start-up. You have to take your own initiative sometimes to get answers and help, however everyone is happy to take time for you. You will have to put some hard work in for time to time, but you will see the results.

August 2, 2019Cofounder & COO

Thanks for the review!

"Love it"

Current Employee - Designer in London, England

I have been working at Onfido full-time

Pros

Welcoming people, feeling of belonging Lots of training and growth opportunities Strong focus on career advancement Amazing benefits Feel supported You are trusted to do your job, no micromanaging Flexible hours Interesting product and discussions around the ethics of what Onfido does Flat structure Socialising is actively encouraged Feel respected as an individual You can have bad days and it is ok Wellbeing is in focus: mental health sessions, subsidised gym membership, tons of healthy food provided, people check in on you to make sure you're not struggling with the workload Amazing talent in the organisation and pleasant personalities - you can learn lots

Cons

New business that grows rapidly - can lack in structure at times, but people are working on it.

August 1, 2019Cofounder & COO

Thanks for the review! I loved "you can have bad days and it is ok"—it's a nice way to frame the supportive culture we've tried hard to build here :)

"Genuinely world-class product, very supportive culture and plenty of room for progression"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in London, England

I worked at Onfido full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked at Onfido for a little over a year during a period when they were growing rapidly and making a lot of improvements to their product. Great experience due to the following: - Identity is a big opportunity, as well as a tough problem. As a result work is intellectually challenging but rewarding when you start to get things right - Feels like the company really cares about well-being and career development. They've got lots of initiatives around mental health, training etc. - Very smart colleagues (especially in product / SDK teams) who left big-brand companies to work at Onfido, so you get to learn a lot from peers - Good access to senior leadership and relatively flat structure, which gives you plenty of autonomy - Transparent about most major decisions within the company

Cons

Most things you'd expect if you were working at a high-growth company: - They're hiring a lot but some areas are still a bit under-staffed, so you sometimes need to figure things out on your own - Takes a while to get new employees up to speed, which can create a burden on some teams - A lot of changes around processes which can feel disruptive

May 25, 2019Cofounder & COO

Thanks for the detailed review, and some very helpful feedback. Glad you enjoyed your time with us.

"Great opportunities to grow & excel"

4.0

I have been working at Onfido full-time for more than a year

Pros

- lots of opportunities for career progression - hardworking, intelligent and friendly team members - good benefits - focus on mental health and work life balance - approachable management

Cons

Like every other work environment, there's a bit of politics to navigate

May 25, 2019Cofounder & COO

Thanks for the positive review! Glad to hear that you feel like we care about mental health and work-life balance - because we most certainly do!

"I love coming to work at Onfido"

I have been working at Onfido full-time

Pros

- Autonomy to own, be accountable and make an impact - No hierarchy - I can speak directly with the Founders and the Executive team face to face, by Slack/email or, in some cases, even WhatsApp (I added them by my choice) - I've been rewarded regularly with pay rises - The benefits are really great. For me, especially the free mental health coaching sessions and the exercise subsidy.

Cons

- We're growing and sometimes communication isn't perfect (just like every other company I've ever worked in), but we've got a great Internal Comms team working

December 26, 2018Cofounder & COO

Thanks for the detailed review, and the actionable advice. So glad you're enjoying your time here.

"Amazing people, dynamic culture, interesting work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Onfido full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been working at Onfido for over a year and can thoroughly recommend it as a really special workplace for the following reasons: 1) People, people, people. The people at Onfido are incredibly bright, interesting, warm, and friendly. The People team have worked hard to create an open, supportive, and inclusive culture at the company and this really manifests itself in the day to day life of the business. 2) Flexibility and work/life balance: Onfido practices what it preaches in terms of treating its employees like human beings who have complex lives that need to be balanced with work. Flexible and remote working is always possible and the hours are very reasonable. I've also really taken advantage of the great exercise benefits (free yoga and subsidised gym memberships) and found that many other employees balance their workload with exercise and activities. There is a run club and climbing club and a generally a good culture at the company around well-being. 3) Great place to learn: Speaking of well-being, I've found Onfido a really supportive and encouraging place to learn new skills that I didn't have experience in. Onfido promotes an ethos of iteration, feedback, and 'failing fast' - learning from mistakes. For a first job out of education, this has been a really important part of building my confidence. I've found my team leads and colleagues extremely supportive and always willing to have a chat about challenges or blockers. Onfido also has quite an extraordinary culture around mental health, with free mental health coaching and a generally very positive and progressive attitude towards staying healthy in the workplace. 4) Opportunity to have an impact: Even though Onfido has grown rapidly and is now a large company, there are still ample opportunities to make a difference in how the company solves problems. The founders are extremely approachable, transparent, and inclusive, and my impression has been that many of the teams still work together to define their paths and their work collaboratively. I've always felt like my input and opinions are heard and that I have agency to help determine the work that I do.

Cons

Just one point here and it can also be considered a 'Pro'. Like many companies of its kind, Onfido is growing and changing fast. This means that there are lots of exciting challenges across the board and you often find yourself working on things outside of your role or remit. For people who love variety and a new problem to tackle every day, this can be exciting and rewarding. But if you prefer working within a particular structure or if you struggle to prioritise when pulled in different directions, it can also be a challenge.

April 2, 2018Cofounder & COO

Thanks so much for the detailed review, and glad you think Onfido's a great place to learn. That's so important.

"What a journey..."

I have been working at Onfido full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture and the people - I've never worked with such a motivated, driven and passionate team. When your colleagues are friends it makes even the tougher weeks enjoyable. The work life perks - fully stocked kitchen; pool table; beers and wine on a Friday; regular events; great Christmas parties; generous pension scheme; share options; fitness reimbursement; Sanctus mental health coaching - the list is impressive. The career perks - a chance to have real ownership of projects; excellent L&D opportunities; a well-thought out career ladder system so you can understand where you are and how to get to where you want to be; clear professional values that help you be the best you; a chance to be a part of something that is changing the market.

Cons

As with all start-ups, there are areas that need to improve and are being dealt with - the usual growing pains of going from 10 people in a room to 150 people in a global company. The things that worked to keep 10 or even 50 people engaged and driven are not always the same for 150 people, and that needs some thought so that the company dos not split between those that want to give their all in helping the company succeed and those that come to do a job.

May 28, 2018Cofounder & COO

Thanks for the review and the great advice :)

"Great company to work!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Product Designer in London, England

I have been working at Onfido full-time for more than a year

Pros

They really value their employees and look after you. You can work from home, there is snacks, and mental health sessions!

Cons

The company vision is being lost a bit at the moment in what seems to be more important quantitative metrics

May 28, 2018Cofounder & COO

Thanks for the review! I've noted your feedback about the company vision. I hope Launch Day helped clarify our vision, but we'll keep reinforcing it :)

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 9 reviews