OpenMarket Software Development Manager Reviews

Updated 5 May 2020

4.7
OpenMarket CEO Jonathan Morgan
Jonathan Morgan
  1. "Great Job, Great Company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Software Development Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at OpenMarket full-time for more than a year

Pros

Small company feel with big company resources Projects actually go to production Time for experimentation Good collaboration between Engineering and Product orgs

Cons

We need to speed up our hiring to keep up with increasing demands on Engineering

Continue reading

OpenMarket Response

Senior Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We appreciate your input and are happy to hear about your positive experiences. We are aware that we have opportunities to continue to work and collaborate more closely and have set business objectives to improve in this area. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention again and would love to engage with you on what specifically you feel could improve.

2. "Great place to work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Software Development Manager in Guadalajara, Jalisco

I have been working at OpenMarket full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent work environment Great benefits Open communication

Cons

Salaries may be average in Guadalajara.

OpenMarket Response

Senior Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback about OpenMarket. We truly appreciate your positive feedback and are glad to hear that you feel we have open communication as that is one of the things we believe makes us successful. In terms of compensation, we regularly evaluate our salaries in comparison to other companies in the region and find that our pay is above average. If you would like to discuss your compensation further, please reach out to humanresources@openmarket.com.

"A good company that has lost its way"

1.0
    Former Employee - Software Development Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at OpenMarket full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Bagels on Friday Salaries are okay

Cons

For a company that prides its self on not having any politics, there is a lot of distrust, finger pointing, and game playing going on within upper management. The code base is old and has been poorly maintained. As a developer, you should expect to spend a lot of your time work on a legacy product and working around legacy decisions. Software development practices are very old school, manual, and heavy weight. Expect to see you skills start to get rusty.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 3 reviews