OpenMarket Employee Reviews about "great place"

Updated 5 Sep 2019

4.5
OpenMarket CEO Silvio Kutic
Silvio Kutic
1 Rating
Pros
  • "Work-life balance is really good, self-motivating work environment(in 26 reviews)

• "OpenMarket is a great place to work(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Continue to work with parent company to optimize processes (this is getting better)(in 14 reviews)

• "Senior management push out a completely new initiative every few months without completing the initial one(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "great place"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Recruiting leadership. Gone. Engineering leadership. Gone. Technical Depth. Gone.

5 Sep 2019 - Senior Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to wax and wane about how much more you’d make if you left for another job. Then you remember you’re coasting so you settle for the loud, new open office and free food.

Cons

Remaining leadership leans on less talented workers to work insane hours to patch operational holes. Almost all the people with deep tech stack knowledge are gone. Not a single competent TPM left and the remaining developers are googling errors. All the hopes and dreams ride on one primary bread and butter customer and “innovative” thinking means spinning asks from sales into faux gold.

10 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company, benefits, and culture

12 Apr 2018 - Senior Enterprise Account Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

OpenMarket (OM) is a top tier SMS provider, powering large enterprises, as well as resellers and ASP's. The management and culture are likely the best I've experienced in my working career. Management, including all levels up to the CEO, treat employees professionally, with respect, and with an optimistic enthusiasm any employee seeks. These qualities, as part of an inclusive, fun culture make OM a great place to work. Not only are the people great, but also the benefits and compensation are very competitive. This combination builds the loyalty I see in the many colleagues who have been with the company for many years.

Cons

It's challenging for any technology company to stay ahead of the curve on market trends and product offerings. Although the company has struggled a little with this in the past, management has made many operational changes to address this, and we are now poised to continue our growth trajectory.

8 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work, Why?

24 Apr 2018 - Professional Services Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company actually adheres to it's core values. The no1 being looking after their people. If you're looking for a technical role or not, you will be looked after. You're voice will always be heard and opinions always considered in decision making. This is a great place to work, with genuinely talented people. You're role could be challenging but you will supported throughout. You will also have a lot of fun along the way, with pizza, drinks & games. They also have a social committee to help plan events, as well as a focus on diversity too. So here you'll find a work, home and succeed together culture. With a focus on you, the roadmap and the company's future plans.

Cons

The interview process is long, but definitely worth it. Meetings could be consolidated, to cover multiple topics and whilst the freshly ground coffee is good, we could invest in a bean to cup espresso machine?

3 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great software company

27 Jun 2015 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

OpenMarket is a money spinner for its parent company, Amdocs. It's consistently profitable, and as such is given a lot of autonomy. Combined with a strong CEO who has a good handle on national operations and international integration, it makes OpenMarket's London office a great place to work, and strikes a superb balance between using fresh technology and running reliable customer-facing services. The culture is laid-back but very productive, thanks to a sensible system of integration between the technical and account teams, and a shallow technical reporting structure with lots of opportunities to feed back to your line manager. It has a great technical culture and is flexible with employees trying to strike a good work/life balance.

Cons

The management likes to look before it leaps, so it can be a little slow to take opportunities, and rarely tries to create business proactively. I also felt I was a little underpaid, and it was hard to communicate that effectively.

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Former Employee

Software engineer

20 May 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Open market had been a wonderful experience for me to improve my java and related technology development skills. It had been a unique experience of working with a team where most of the members were physically located in Seattle, but were always available and accessible instantly via a 24/7 connected virtual meeting using google hangouts. It was a privilege working with a team of talented developers, managers, quality engineers that gave several opportunities to learn and step up from where I started off. I was happy to have worked under a manager who's technically skilled and enjoyed being hands-on code. In addition, he was an excellent human being with great understanding the needs and priorities of his team members and gave flexibility with working hour time frames or remote working as needed. I was happy with the benefits provided for full-time employees either directly from open market or via the parent company Amdocs, inc. Finally, a great place for work/life balance.

Cons

A bigger software development team in the Detroit office would have been encouraging.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

I highly recommend OpenMarket as a great place to work

14 May 2018 - Sales Director in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

OpenMarket is a great place to work. I've really enjoyed my 6+ years with the company.

Cons

I work from home, so I miss being in the office everyday with my colleagues.

3 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

OpenMarket is an exceptional place to work and thrive

21 Jun 2015 -  in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Place to work to grow in the SaaS sector

Cons

There are no cons to working at OM

Be the first to find this review helpful