Opus Talent Solutions Director Reviews

Updated 16 Jan 2018

5.0
Opus Talent Solutions CEO Amy Golding (no image)
Amy Golding
0 Rating
  1. "Not your average recruitment company"

Current Employee - Director in London, England

I have been working at Opus Talent Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

It really is what it promises. It's fast paced, ambitious, exciting, and rewards are there for those who want to work hard. It's the perfect place for people who are entrepreneurial, but it also provides great training and support at junior levels to help you get a grounding in recruitment. It's the kind of place where you can be who you want to be. You can work hard, do the basics and get ahead in recruitment. Or you can also take all the crazy opportunities open to you and propel your career in ways that aren't possible in small, unambitious companies, or big corporates with lots of red tape. It's basically the best of both worlds.

Cons

So much great stuff going on that sometimes it's hard to keep up with it all. Information is out there, but comms could be quicker

2. "Really going places"

Associate Director in London, England

I have been working at Opus Talent Solutions for less than a year

Pros

The reason I joined Opus continues to be the reason that I tell everyone it is such a great place - Opus is really going places and it is exciting to be a part of such impressive growth plans. Each individual is valued as an integral part of the team and crucial to our future success. Great emphasis is placed on personal development throughout all stages of your career with training provided on an ongoing basis and not limited to new starters. Regardless of role or seniority Trainees and Directors alike are supported to enhance their skills and plan for their next step up. With success and development also comes recognition, with excellent incentives to both sales and non-sales staff alongside a transparent commission and bonus structure.

Cons

It is long hours, but you get out what you put in and no one said being successful was a part time job!

3. "Contract Division Director"

Current Employee - Contract Division Director in Bristol, England

I have been working at Opus Talent Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The career advancement I genuinely believe to be unrivalled, I joined as a Senior Consultant and became Director of the largest cost centre in less than 4 years. So far in 2015, the Bristol Contracts Division alone has already promoted 2 people to Principal Consultant and 1 other to Senior Consultant, all 3 having joined as Trainees with no previous recruitment experience. The fact we’re about to open in New York & California will simply provide even further opportunity for people to have more responsibility, development, and sense of achievement. The rewards are also outstanding, I don’t know of any other company (recruitment sector or otherwise) who have offered their staff VIP trips to New York, Monaco Grand Prix, Silverstone ,and where else do more than 30% of employees earn over £100k per year? If that’s not enough, this year we will give someone a Porsche Cayman for the year! Ultimately there are no barriers for people, at all levels, to achieve the ambitions they have and, if anything, you will need to stretch yourself to keep up with the pace we are developing at. How can we support this? The training, coaching and mentoring available is outstanding and, the combined experience means, we are best placed to help advance and support anyone’s career. Don’t want to take my word for it? That’s up to you but Opus Professional Services Group are also rated by the Sunday Times as the 2nd best company to work for in 2015 in the entire UK and the highest ranking Recruitment consultancy to work for.

Cons

It’s one of those where for every positive there could be a negative considered also. Not everyone wants to work as hard and achieve the levels we espouse. Not everyone feels comfortable in an environment where average isn’t accepted or where “doing OK” isn’t enough. That’s not to say we expect everyone to be at the top of their game from day 1, Jose Mourinho’s first job in football wasn’t managing Chelsea, he was an interpreter for Sir Bobby Robson at Sporting Lisbon . We do however expect people to excel in the role they are currently in though and this does mean feeling challenged and stretched from day 1, that’s understandably not for everyone.

4. "Best in class"

Current Employee - Director in London, England

I have been working at Opus Talent Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked previously at Sthree and Spencer Ogden and can safely say that Opus hands down is a better organisation to work for. Starting from the top, Darren is one of the best leaders I have come across in the industry, positive, entrepreneurial, driven and passionate. These words then filter down through the organisation making it a great place to work and easy to understand why they are #2 in the Times Top 100 Companies to work for. A lot of recruitment companies put buzz words on their website and brochures, claiming to be something. Opus just does it, making it easy to be successful. With international growth on the horizon, sales at an all time high, incentives coming out of our ears and awards galore, what is there not to love

Cons

They are moving a such a pace, you have to keep up!

"Love my job, love my company"

Director in Bristol, England

I have been working at Opus Talent Solutions

Pros

I have been at Opus now for 5 years and it has been the most enjoyable, rewarding and satisfying years of my professional career. I started off as a consultant and after 6 promotions I'm now a director of the permanent team, I have always had a clear progression path and career plan which has kept me motivated and given me direction thought-out. The training is second to none, we have 3 dedicated in-house trainers that deliver training to all consultants. If you have limited sales/recruitment experience I would say that is one of the biggest selling points of joining the company. Opus like to give the consultants the best chance to succeed so that means we have access to every major job board, we have an amazing database and each consultant has a LinkedIn Recruiter License, couple that with our training programme and you can see why we have made the Virgin Fast Track top 100 companies twice amongst other prestigious awards. Opus also does amazing rewards and incentives, in the last 18 months I have been; Skiing, Vegas, New York, 10 Michelin Star restaurants, Silverstone GP (twice), 2 helicopter trips, gokarting, football games, Lisbon, Cheltenham races (3 times), Ascot races, rugby games and this week I'm off to a trip of a lifetime to Monaco GP for 5 nights. As well as that our commission structure is market leading. In conclusion if you are looking for an ambitious company that will give you opportunities of progression and the best chance to succeed then I think Opus is unrivalled. I have been able to achieve so many of my professional ambitions in such a short period of time.

Cons

Nothing about Opus or the job I do is negative.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 5 reviews