Find jobs for Principal Consultant

Opus Talent Solutions Principal Consultant Reviews

Updated 3 Feb 2020

5.0
Opus Talent Solutions CEO Amy Golding (no image)
Amy Golding
1 Rating
  1. "Highest performing specialist agency in Australia, FACT!"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at Opus Talent Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Monthly lunch clubs, team incentives and bi-annual incentive trips (Bali, Vegas, Ibiza etc) Monthly commission, no threshold, this means we're earning more than pilots and surgeons after year #1 "Winning" team culture, good banter in office, music and so on Strong recruitment process that is taught from day 1 and works Approachable management/leads - kind of flat structure which is nice

Cons

Limited flexibility for consultants that are newer, however this is earnt No Barista on site, we have to make our own coffees

Continue reading

"Simple Formula - Hard Work, Big Rewards"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Bristol, England

I have been working at Opus Talent Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Attainable industry leading commission - Continuous training and career progression - A huge focus on making recruitment a team sport in sharing info, targets and best practice

Cons

- The usual struggles of staff retention. Natural attrition as a role with Opus will ask more questions of you than ever before. Those who do stick it out without fail see the rewards, but not everyone has the patience.

Continue reading
  3. "Opus provides the platform to succeed"

I have been working at Opus Talent Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked for Opus for 4 years starting as a trainee, going through the ranks to a Principal Consultant with many success stories along the way. Hard work and dedication is rewarded and nothing goes unnoticed with the senior management team even as the company grows to the levels it has now. The company strives to be bigger and better than its competition every single day and in my opinion gives every person that joins the platform they need to become whoever they want to be by giving them the very best tools the industry has to offer to succeed. The company has grown from around 25 people to 250+ in the 4 years I have been there but even with such high levels of growth they have stayed well grounded and leave no stone unturned in their exploits to become the global leader in the recruitment game. Opus are innovators in the recruitment space and there is certainly no other company I would rather work for as every day is different, the people are amazing and new opportunities are forever arising giving their employees the chance to further expand their earning potential and career. With Darren Ryemill at the helm, the company can achieve whatever it desires as he is probably the most aspirational and hard working leader I have met and he realises there are no boundaries to what you or Opus can achieve which makes it a very exciting place to work.

Cons

The only "cons" so to speak are that if you aren't willing to work hard it's not the right environment for you. Opus will provide you the platform to become the best version of yourself, but with the high levels of growth and where the company are going, you need to want to achieve the same as everyone else and be on the same page to not be left behind as it's a company that offers a lot of opportunity and can offer you everything you desire as long as you give them hard work and commitment in return. They strive to be the best so you should too!

4. "Opus"

Principal Consultant in Bristol, England

I have been working at Opus Talent Solutions

Pros

Incentives, Earning Potential, Career Progression, Atmosphere, Opportunity.

Cons

Sometimes you find yourself working longer hours than normal, but it's worth it at the end of the day.

Opus Talent Solutions Response

January 6, 2016Marketing and PR Executive

Thanks for the review! Always good to see what our employees think. Remember that we care about your wellness so don't hesitate to talk to someone if you feel overworked.

5. "Master your own success"

I have been working at Opus Talent Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Whether you are new to recruitment or an industry legend Opus provides the platform for a hugely successful career in Recruitment. From day one you are asked what you want to achieve and then given access to the right tools, knowledge and motivation to go and exceed you own goals; Opus sets its own records and then smashes them the next month! The incentives to achieve are huge; Industry leading commission structure, monthly incentives include Michelin Star lunches and there is the annual Winners Trip which could get you an all expenses trip to Las Vegas or Monaco! If you are seeking a company with an inspirational leadership team, top class training and investment in the cutting edge of Recruitment tools then Opus is the place for you!

Cons

High standards are expected from all. The fast pace and long hours are not for everyone. Make sure you are committed to a career in Recruitment and willing to work for it before joining!

Continue reading
  6. "Perm Principal Recruitment Consultant"

Principal Recruitment Consultant in Bristol, England

I have been working at Opus Talent Solutions for more than a year

Pros

Opus are in my opinion the best recruitment agency to work for in the UK, which has been backed up by Sunday Times as the 2nd best company to work for in 2015 in the entire UK and the highest ranking Recruitment agency to work for. Opus has only ever promised and then delivered, I can't think of a time when our CEO Darren said he was going to do something and it not being done, since I have joined the business we have opened new offices in London, Sydney, Amsterdam, taken on other sister companies increasing our market coverage across engineering, oil and gas, Government and NHS and more to come. I genuinely am inspired to work for such a talented like minded individuals, all of which gives 150% every single day even the non sales staff, the common denominator being ambition and desire to be the best. Personally I have never earned better money, my biggest pay to date was in excess of 12.5k for one month which is bonkers, also I have won holidays to Chamonix Skiing, New York and the Monaco Grand Prix, also shorter weekends away to Lisbon, Bournemouth, multiple lunch clubs and more. Since joining in the last two years I have experienced three promotions, along with my colleagues doing the same, I am now a Team Lead managing a team of 5 consultants.There are examples of graduate trainees making decent money even in their first 4 weeks which is additionally down to the 12 week training programme, continuous improvement and training sessions on a weekly basis (Even I still attend, also run these sessions). We have two Training Managers who're proven billing consultants who're the best at what they do. If you want, fun, progression, money and real chances of becoming a Director for an award winning international business then Opus is the company for you.I love my job and get satisfaction rejecting Rec2Rec headhunt calls knowing I am in the best place possible.

Cons

If you like being average, working 9-5 and afraid of hard work then this isn't the company or the job for you. Some people I have interviewed expect to walk into a "resourcing" role, then this is not the company for you, we're all 360 consultants with the exception of a few specialist brands in our group and all love SALES. Well done to everyone who has made it working for Opus and look forward to the next generation coming through.

Opus Talent Solutions Response

January 6, 2016Marketing and PR Executive

Thanks for the review! We've certainly got plans for a number of new hires over 2016!

7. "The Best Career Move"

I have been working at Opus Talent Solutions full-time

Pros

The best move I have made in my career to date. They offer excellent culture, salaries, benefits, work-life balance, management, Career growth, Company incentives and many more. If you want to be the best in your industry come and join Opus they will make you be successful and offer all the training and tools you need. I am glad to be part of the Opus family.

Cons

You are your own Con, if you don’t want to be successful in your career

"Opus Recruitment Solutions"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Bristol, England

I have been working at Opus Talent Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good company incentives including holiday/car/annual bonus targets, competitive salary package, great senior management team, global expansion, award winning company and CEO, good training team and facilities

Cons

The company is still expanding rapidly in various areas within the business (ie public sector), therefore still growing its exposure in certain markets

9. "Best Recruitment Company I have workes for"

Principal Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Opus Talent Solutions

Pros

Great culture at Opus. Everyone is friendly and there are no big egos. Traininng scheme is thorough and the Trainer Lou is an ex consultant herself and she has put together a fantastic training scheme. I came in as a senior and was amazed to see how much the trainee consultants earn and so quickly! Nothing like the previous companies I have worked for as there is genuine rapid career growth for everyone, sales and non-sales, everyone is given a chance to excel in the area they are good at. The commission scheme is one of the best I have seen and the incentives are crazy good, with me, only in the business a year off to the Monaco Grand Prix this weekend for for 5 days VIP hospitality all expenses paid! Trainees can hit lunch clubs from day one and the incentives have realistic targets for all levels of experience

Cons

If you're a perfectionist like me you'll end up working extra hours to get your commission up, but you get what you put in

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 9 reviews