Opus Talent Solutions Recruiter Reviews

Updated 20 May 2020

4.3
Opus Talent Solutions CEO Amy Golding (no image)
Amy Golding
  1. "Couldn't Recommend More"

Senior Recruitment Consultant in Bristol, England

I have been working at Opus Talent Solutions

Pros

I didn't know what to expect when I started as a fresh grad with zero sales experience but looking back it was potentially the best decision of my life to date. In 12 months I've been promoted twice to Senior Consultant and am seen as a really valued employee where my ideas and input is noted and acted on which for someone with one years experience is rare to find. I now also mentor a newbie which again is responsibility that I relish and gives me great job satisfaction. In regards to money, every agency will promise great return for your hard-work and Opus lead the market in respect to this. In 2 Months I earned what some of my other graduate friends did in a year (seriously that's not an exaggeration). It's easily the best aspect of the job and allows me to not worry financially which is great especially with the ridiculous student loans I pay back.

Cons

I would say the hours are long but they feel a lot shorter than any retail job I had before. Time literally flies by

2. "Energetic Environment"

I have been working at Opus Talent Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture is really fun and full of energy. Training team are really good, experienced and always around to help. There is a great team feel throughout the sales floor, but there’s still a drive for individuals to do well. I’ve worked in sales before but never had such hands-on training and help from managers before.

Cons

There’s long hours but I find you get that in any sales role – the commission makes up for it! It can sometimes be hard to get going, but people are really supportive and the training team are really useful.

Continue reading

"Company Structure All Wrong"

2.0
    Trainee Recruitment COnsultant

I worked at Opus Talent Solutions for less than a year

Pros

Some inspirational recruiters there who are really good Investment in plenty of resources which they like to remind you that they invest in every day, believe me. Good commission

Cons

When I joined I was told by a lady who interviewed me about a positive working group of people. While the loud environment is enjoyable at times with genuine people, it's borderline bullying with some of what goes on. You were made to fear results of KPI's that keep out of touch management updated with what's going on. I was consistent with hitting my KPI's in the right areas but was constantly made to feel rubbish the next day. It seems like you can progress quickly there but a lot of people who are doing well have never had to put in a new business call with so many company accounts at their disposal depending on what market you pick up when you join . I wanted to do well on my market as it hadn't been worked before and was getting jobs on but having to give them to other consultants because it wasn't my market. Then when people around you are doing deals in markets that have jobs on with out picking up the phone which then leads to you being treated like an idiot because you haven't got a clients straight away. Those lucky few that have the main markets which good recruiters built for them naturally get promoted and earn the most, it's not rocket science there.

Continue reading
  4. "Don't bother unless you get a SW market"

4.0
    Former Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in Bristol, England

I worked at Opus Talent Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing atmosphere, quality training, and genuine opportunity to earn lots of money

Cons

The business is far too south west oriented and all the good markets are taken. The consultants who have SW markets just sit back on all the company accounts doing very little work. They then expect an unfortunate few to try and establish a presence for the company elsewhere. It's a real shame as it's the only reason I left.

June 13, 2016Marketing Manager

Thanks for your response. We're sorry that you felt this way when you worked with us. Our internal training team, Managers and Team Leaders are all on hand to lend support when people are struggling. Alternatively, we have offered significant mobility in our employees' roles in order for them to progress and be successful in their career. Good luck with your next role!

5. "Hard work but good fun"

Former Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in London, England

I worked at Opus Talent Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Possibility to earn a lot of money quickly and you are around successful people

Cons

50 hours weeks minimum and time off is frowned upon

May 13, 2016Marketing Manager

Thanks for the review. We would never discourage time off for our employees - we even have an employee retreat and sabbatical! We also have a wellness programme with hypnotherapy, physiotherapy and nutritionists.

6. "Genuine specialists with a great office culture."

I have been working at Opus Talent Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great atmosphere - Genuinely ambitious staff - Unrivaled training programme - Do things properly and have a great reputation in the market. - Split into vertical markets and geographical patches to make genuine specialists.

Cons

- Not a 9-5, don't bother if this is what you're looking for.

February 22, 2016Marketing Manager

Thanks for leaving a review. We're sad to see you have a negative outlook on the company's future - we'd love for you to share any ideas you have with your manager!

7. "Review"

I have been working at Opus Talent Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Interview process - Atmosphere in office - Friendly staff - Successful, award winning company

Cons

- Long working hours - Life balance

February 22, 2016Marketing Manager

Thanks for your review. Remember, you can chat to our wellness team if you need any advise on well-being!

8. "Opus"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at Opus Talent Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent work environment. Best training in the industry. Clear career road-map from day one. Commission structure is unreal

Cons

Long hours, but that's just recruitment in general. You get out what you put in!

February 22, 2016Marketing Manager

Thanks for the review! We're glad to hear you're enjoying it!

"Opus Professional Services Group"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Bristol, England

I have been working at Opus Talent Solutions full-time

Pros

The Opus Professional Services Group is the Best recruitment Consultancy to work for in the country (The Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For 2015) headquartered in the heart of Bristol (The Independent Most liveable cities in the UK). Need I say more? Opus as a business continually strives to better itself by developing its employees – whether that’s through investment in cutting edge technology and social media services, or world class training provided by dedicated on-site trainers or external consultants. The primary way in which Opus develops its staff however, is the provision of incentives and a truly meritocratic working environment. For those that want to achieve, commission is set at a market-leading 38%, with bonuses and car allowances - and that’s without taking into account the myriad weekly and monthly incentives on offer! The growth of the business to this level in a relatively short period of time is to my mind attributable to winning formula of hiring dedicated and ambitious trainees providing them with the support and tools to allow them to achieve and then motivating them to continually better themselves.

Cons

With over 30% of employees earning over £100,000 a year, it will come as no surprise to learn that it’s not easy – if it was everyone would do it! Recruitment is a challenging field, and you will need to be continually pushing yourself. As daunting as it may seem at first, working in an environment with motivated and ambitious colleagues means that you’ll never feel that you’re the only striving for more, and when the results of your hard work do come through, you’ll not only be pleased with the recognition and material rewards, but also a sense of pride in having achieved more than you thought possible.

September 14, 2015Marketing and PR Executive

Thanks for the review!

10. "Perm Principal Recruitment Consultant"

Principal Recruitment Consultant in Bristol, England

I have been working at Opus Talent Solutions for more than a year

Pros

Opus are in my opinion the best recruitment agency to work for in the UK, which has been backed up by Sunday Times as the 2nd best company to work for in 2015 in the entire UK and the highest ranking Recruitment agency to work for. Opus has only ever promised and then delivered, I can't think of a time when our CEO Darren said he was going to do something and it not being done, since I have joined the business we have opened new offices in London, Sydney, Amsterdam, taken on other sister companies increasing our market coverage across engineering, oil and gas, Government and NHS and more to come. I genuinely am inspired to work for such a talented like minded individuals, all of which gives 150% every single day even the non sales staff, the common denominator being ambition and desire to be the best. Personally I have never earned better money, my biggest pay to date was in excess of 12.5k for one month which is bonkers, also I have won holidays to Chamonix Skiing, New York and the Monaco Grand Prix, also shorter weekends away to Lisbon, Bournemouth, multiple lunch clubs and more. Since joining in the last two years I have experienced three promotions, along with my colleagues doing the same, I am now a Team Lead managing a team of 5 consultants.There are examples of graduate trainees making decent money even in their first 4 weeks which is additionally down to the 12 week training programme, continuous improvement and training sessions on a weekly basis (Even I still attend, also run these sessions). We have two Training Managers who're proven billing consultants who're the best at what they do. If you want, fun, progression, money and real chances of becoming a Director for an award winning international business then Opus is the company for you.I love my job and get satisfaction rejecting Rec2Rec headhunt calls knowing I am in the best place possible.

Cons

If you like being average, working 9-5 and afraid of hard work then this isn't the company or the job for you. Some people I have interviewed expect to walk into a "resourcing" role, then this is not the company for you, we're all 360 consultants with the exception of a few specialist brands in our group and all love SALES. Well done to everyone who has made it working for Opus and look forward to the next generation coming through.

January 6, 2016Marketing and PR Executive

Thanks for the review! We've certainly got plans for a number of new hires over 2016!

Found 83 reviews