Opus Talent Solutions Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Opus Talent Solutions Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Reviews

Updated 19 Nov 2018

4.0
Opus Talent Solutions CEO Amy Golding (no image)
Amy Golding
  1. "Opus Recruitment Review"

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in Sydney

I have been working at Opus Talent Solutions

Pros

The culture is amazing. Being here only for a short amount of time I already can foresee my career path. Opus is not a temporary job- it provides a career path, career goals but most importantly allows you to be yourself and succeed as yourself!

Cons

Can not think of a Con. I am VERY happy.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. You make all your staff feel comfortable and definitely know how to create the most ideal work - life balance!

Opus Talent Solutions2016-02-29

February 29, 2016Marketing Manager

Great to see you're enjoying working for Opus. We love knowing that our employees are happy all over the world!

2. "Sydney Opus"

Current Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in Sydney

I have been working at Opus Talent Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Cant think of another recruitment company that offers the same quality training and opportunities for growth and advancement.

Cons

The hours are long, but everyone puts in the effort not just the juniors and there is always so much going on that the day flys by.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, I can't think of another recruitment firm I would rather be at

Opus Talent Solutions2015-06-15
  3. "Lively and never boring"

Current Employee - Trainee Graduate Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at Opus Talent Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very energetic environment. Enthusiasm, hard graft and dedication to the job is rewarded.

Cons

Difficult to be successful and maintain a work-life balance

Opus Talent Solutions2018-11-19

"Amazing place to work"

Former Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in Bristol, England

I worked at Opus Talent Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Unbelievable environment - supportive colleagues and managers (we were like a family) -Excellent training (joined the company with no experience at all) -Transparent commission structure and career progression -Crazy incentives (Miami, Vegas, Play Stations, Lunch Clubs, Bonuses, etc) -Strong career progression with realistic targets -Really high standards in terms of dress code, work-ethic, etc -Great culture

Cons

-Some people will say long hours ( 8-18, with an hour lunch) but I don't think is that bad, after all, if you're seeking to start a career in recruitment and you're complaining about long hours, you're probably in the wrong industry

Advice to Management

"Clients do not come first. Employees come first. If you take care of your employees, they will take care of the client" (Richard Branson)

Opus Talent Solutions2016-12-06
  5. "Don't bother unless you get a SW market"

Former Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in Bristol, England

I worked at Opus Talent Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing atmosphere, quality training, and genuine opportunity to earn lots of money

Cons

The business is far too south west oriented and all the good markets are taken. The consultants who have SW markets just sit back on all the company accounts doing very little work. They then expect an unfortunate few to try and establish a presence for the company elsewhere. It's a real shame as it's the only reason I left.

Advice to Management

Make things fairer for those who don't have the favourable south west market. There could be a lot of people leaving if you don't.

Opus Talent Solutions2016-06-12

June 13, 2016Marketing Manager

Thanks for your response. We're sorry that you felt this way when you worked with us. Our internal training team, Managers and Team Leaders are all on hand to lend support when people are struggling. Alternatively, we have offered significant mobility in our employees' roles in order for them to progress and be successful in their career. Good luck with your next role!

"Company Structure All Wrong"

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant

I worked at Opus Talent Solutions for less than a year

Pros

Some inspirational recruiters there who are really good Investment in plenty of resources which they like to remind you that they invest in every day, believe me. Good commission

Cons

When I joined I was told by a lady who interviewed me about a positive working group of people. While the loud environment is enjoyable at times with genuine people, it's borderline bullying with some of what goes on. You were made to fear results of KPI's that keep out of touch management updated with what's going on. I was consistent with hitting my KPI's in the right areas but was constantly made to feel rubbish... the next day. It seems like you can progress quickly there but a lot of people who are doing well have never had to put in a new business call with so many company accounts at their disposal depending on what market you pick up when you join . I wanted to do well on my market as it hadn't been worked before and was getting jobs on but having to give them to other consultants because it wasn't my market. Then when people around you are doing deals in markets that have jobs on with out picking up the phone which then leads to you being treated like an idiot because you haven't got a clients straight away. Those lucky few that have the main markets which good recruiters built for them naturally get promoted and earn the most, it's not rocket science there.

Advice to Management

Owner talks to people like they are simple and is incredibly patronising, unless you are female and some of the directors think they're gods gift. Just take a long look in the mirror and learn how to treat people with respect, maybe I and many others would have stayed if you did.

Opus Talent Solutions2016-06-18
  7. "Hard work but good fun"

Former Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in London, England

I worked at Opus Talent Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Possibility to earn a lot of money quickly and you are around successful people

Cons

50 hours weeks minimum and time off is frowned upon

Advice to Management

Better work life balance

Opus Talent Solutions2016-05-10

May 13, 2016Marketing Manager

Thanks for the review. We would never discourage time off for our employees - we even have an employee retreat and sabbatical! We also have a wellness programme with hypnotherapy, physiotherapy and nutritionists.

8. "Ultimate Progression"

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in Bristol, England

I have been working at Opus Talent Solutions for less than a year

Pros

As the UK's top recruitment agency to work for, the decision to join was simple. Once integrated into the fast-paced, driven and lively environment of the Opus office, I knew I had made the right decision. The company offers a first class training scheme that is both rigorous and detailed, tutoring consultants to always better themselves and consistently give a top level quality of service to candidates and... clients. Furthermore, the amazing incentives and uncapped commission rates make working at Opus more than worthwhile. This is teamed with each of the unique and bubbly personalities that make each day continually enjoyable. Above all, the possibilities to personally succeed and progress within the company are vast. Not only can you work quickly through the ranks but you can so whilst gaining invaluable knowledge and expertise that will remember with you forever.

Cons

There are no con’s, only the need to be that little bit better each day, to achieve more, to succeed and be the best. The drive you gain from working at Opus is truly infectious. Of course the hours are long and the rewards only gained through hard graft but that is the recipe needed to prosper.

January 6, 2016Marketing and PR Executive

Thanks for the review. We're pleased to see you couldn't find a fault - always a positive!

9. "Best Career Decision I Have Ever Made!"

Current Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in London, England

I have been working at Opus Talent Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

As It is my first job in recruitment I was eager to make sure that I picked the best possible company with a proven record for success, immense training and a fantastic culture. Opus exceeds everything I ever expected in a company. The training is regular and in great depth but also incredibly fun making sure everyone understands what is being taught and know how to apply everything to become a brilliant... recruitment consultant. I also love the fact that the Senior Group Director, Ryan Speed is on the floor with everyone and always willing to help. The atmosphere in the office at times can be immense with everyone on the phone pitching clients and rattling when a deal comes in. The opportunity at Opus is reality not like most fairy tales other agencies will try sell you. Over 30% of employees earn over £100k per year (taken from 2015 company stats) along with other fantastic incentives - holidays to Las Vegas, Skiing, New York and the Monaco Grand Prix have taken place in the last 12 months alone, and the company are also running a "win a Porsche Cayman" competition..

Cons

Can be hard work, long hours and stressful at times but as long as you can be resilient and keep pushing yourself towards all the positives that come with job you will get through the tough times.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the great training and high standards.

Opus Talent Solutions2015-06-15
  10. "No place better to build your career!"

Current Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in London, England

I have been working at Opus Talent Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Opus stood out by a mile in comparison to other recruitment agencies when I was interviewing. Whereas other agencies grill you against a set criteria, Opus really care about who you are and how well you will fit in with their honest and hard-working culture. The training and support given to new starters is unbeatable, everyone is always more than happy to help you out and answer your questions, not an aspect you... often expect from such a competitive industry. The opportunities and rewards available to you at Opus are unrivalled, there really are so many achievable incentives to encourage you to give your absolute best. Opus is such a supportive and vibrant place to work, it should definitely be your 1st choice whether you are new to recruitment or not!

Cons

The working hours are long, however the industry is so fast paced that the hours go by quickly.

Advice to Management

Keep the open and honest approach that is unique to Opus!

Found 13 reviews