Oriental Trading Company Employee Reviews about "executive team"

Updated 13 Aug 2014

3.5
Oriental Trading Company Acting CEO Steve Mendlik (no image)
Steve Mendlik
Pros
  • "OTC Cash to use to buy gifts every December(in 6 reviews)

• "My team is awesome and my manager is supportive soft my growth as well as ensuring I am able to have work life balance as much as possible(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "OTC doesn't know how to manage the work that needs to be done with the amount of hours it takes to do said work(in 10 reviews)

• "To many meetings and political fighting from upper management(in 7 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "executive team"

Return to all Reviews

"So much potential, so little structure at Ralston location"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ralston, NE

I have been working at Oriental Trading Company full-time

Pros

You feel a sense of opportunity to bring fresh ideas to the table. It's a solid, financially sound company. Continually growing. CEO is a honorable man (despite what others think) and really has a desire to see everyone succeed. Benefits are great. Fabulous work-life balance.

Cons

For any company to succeed you need to have boundaries that allow individuals to succeed within their respective spheres. This company allows everyone and anyone to have input in areas where they aren't qualified. They are vastly under utilizing their potential. Because there are so many chefs in the kitchen every decision is mired in personal opinions and insufficient data. There is an executive team that is divided and secretive and most employees see it.

"Against the grain"

1.0
    Former Employee - IT Department in Omaha, NE
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Oriental Trading Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Enjoyed the events outside the business, and the sodas during business meetings.

Cons

Where to begin. I started working for the organization a month after the new CEO came on board. 9 months and 3 layoffs later( which OTC supposively never had one before) I was let go with no severance package. The reason: I was requesting a bankrupt company( which Executive team never admitted during quarterly meetings) tuition reimbursement to finish my MBA. The ironic thing about this is that the company wanted to utilize the tuition reimbursement program more, and soon as I was- I was let go.

Continue reading

"I am very disturbed by the practices of OTC. I have never encountered a company that care this little about employes."

1.0
    Solutions Agent in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Oriental Trading Company

Pros

I really enjoyed going to work for the first eight months or so. I loved how Sam Taylor pulled us together as a team and made us really feel like we could make a difference. I enjoyed learning new things and growing within a company I thought cared about all of us!

Cons

Recently I had a very bad case of the flu. I called to request the day off and was told at 2pm I was to report to work or "point out" and loose my job. I went to work not wanting to loose my job. Within 30 minutes my supervisor told me that the executive team made the decision that I was to go home and rest, until I got results back from my H1N1 test. I said I did not have points. She stated that it was not a problem and that I should call the next morning with results. I did as I was told, only to find out that I was now fired for leaving! I feel embrassed, disappointed and ashamed at this point! I work hard and have made many customers want to shop with us! I am now being thrown to the curb by the so called "Executive Team" because I had the flu and valued my job! How is the fair or right? I cant seem to get any answers, so maybe the right person will read this and listen. I dont feel like my opinions count and after this neither do a lot of employes!!!

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.