Pacific Dental Services Lead Dental Assistant Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Found 16 reviews

2.5
Pacific Dental Services CEO Stephen Thorne
Stephen Thorne
  1. "Too much work - Too little pay"

Former Employee - Lead Dental Assistant

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Training, technology, easy charting system, decent benefits

Cons

Poor scheduling They start treatment on patients regardless if staff is trying to go to lunch or clock out and go home to their families at the end of the day.

Pacific Dental Services2019-08-03

"Just ok."

Current Employee - Lead Dental Assistant

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time

Pros

Benefits, opportunities to move up or around.

Cons

Very focused on the “numbers”. Negativity from management, things are never good enough.

Advice to Management

Reward your employees for their hard work other than their bonuses they really have no control over(assistants). You’re a 1-2 billion dollar company, you can afford to treat your employees to lunch or even a gift card if they’ve been working hard. Encourage and pay for more team building growth and activities. Understand your staff when they tell you something with the schedule doesn’t work- it’s not all about the numbers...

Pacific Dental Services2018-11-20
  3. "It’s had a lot of ups and downs."

Current Employee - Lead Dental Assistant in Coconut Creek, FL

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Technology and ability to grow

Cons

Management. Late hours. No lunch. Under microscope.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees more. Don’t say “I’m not here for your emotions, I’m here for business”.

Pacific Dental Services2018-06-21

"This Place Is Awful."

Former Employee - Lead Dental Assistant in Seattle, WA

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

The only pros are the benefits. Not that the benefits are anything impressive, but it can be challenging to find dental offices that are able to provide medical, 401k, etc.

Cons

They are WAY too focused on getting money and could care less about their patients. The doctors look at people with dollar signs in their eyes. They expect you to work whenever there is a patient that wants to be seen because heaven forbid they lose out on a $39 exam. They could also care less about their employees and there is absolutely no work life balance.

Advice to Management

Focus on patient care. Take care of your employees.

Pacific Dental Services2017-11-26

Pacific Dental Services Response

November 30, 2017HR

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that your experience didn’t meet your expectations. We value your feedback and we believe that patients pay our salaries and improving our patient’s health and happiness are our number one priority in each and ...

"Lead dental assistant"

Current Employee - Lead Dental Assistant

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time

Pros

Benefits are great but you will work hard for little cost

Cons

Money driven company. Little concern for patients or internal issues within the company. As long as the money is coming in they could care less. Although I do understand that it takes money to run a business but this company will hire Doctors that diagnose excessive treatment and people from BEST BUY without and dental experience such as Office and Regional managers without prior dental experience.

Advice to Management

BELIEVE IN THE " WE BELIEVES" and not just post for show. Employees have lives outside of PDS. Try to acknowledge that sometimes. Employees have family and friends that they love and want to spend time with. The hours are crazy. No life working at PDS.

Pacific Dental Services2017-04-19
  6. "Lead GP Assistant, Henderson, NV"

Former Employee - Lead Dental Assistant in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good Support from Steve Thorne, good pay, opportunity for growth. PDS offers support and mentoring for growth. They encourage you everyday with the "we believe" statements and a note from the CEO.

Cons

You do pay a lot for benefits for have so little of them. Maybe offer like a "tiered medical" program. Also make sure HR doesn't lose sight of you if your are gone on disability.

Advice to Management

Continue to be engaged with the employees. I never wanted to leave PDS they have my heart. If it weren't for moving away I would still be there. Bring PDS to Indiana!!!!

Pacific Dental Services2017-02-10
  7. "Lead Dental Assistant"

Current Employee - Lead Dental Assistant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love this company! From my DAs to my OM! So many opportunities. They really put a lot of effort into training you and helping you with your job. They offer a ton of benefits and bonuses. They really do strive to put patients first which is one of the things that attracted me to this company. #PFL #PPE

Cons

Work life balance is hard if you cant define the difference. You will have to draw the line.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your DAs. We are not as easy to replace as you think especially Leads.

Pacific Dental Services2017-02-08

Pacific Dental Services Response

April 4, 2017Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your comments. We are so glad you are getting the training that we intend all to receive when they start with one of our PDS supported offices. We agree that Dental Assistants are critical to the success of the PDS supported offices. There are initiatives currently underway ...

8. "Lead Dental Assistant"

Current Employee - Lead Dental Assistant in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services

Pros

Great coworkers. Managers and doctors that look for ways to help you achieve your goals.

Cons

There are some long days that can be draining.

Pacific Dental Services2016-07-22

"Reality check!"

Former Employee - Lead Dental Assistant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Pacific Dental Services

Pros

You WILL get your hours... And then some

Cons

Work life balance is horrible and God forbid you are legitimately sick and call out. I've rotated through 7 doctors in less that 2 years at my office.

Advice to Management

Management could use a reality check, a do as I say not as i do atmosphere. You can't speak to people any old way you want just because your a manager. Favoritism in the workplace does exist. I'm not disgruntled this is the truth!!!

Pacific Dental Services2016-08-13

"lead dental assistant"

Former Employee - Lead Dental Assistant in Houston, TX

I worked at Pacific Dental Services

Pros

There are alot of charity events to volunteer at.

Cons

If your not personal friends with managment they treat you bad, upper managment don't care about you unless your an owner or a doctor that make them money. They don't give raises. They will spread yi ur buisness from office to office there is no private or personal conversations. It's all about who you know in the company.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like people and praise them for their hard work. Listen to all your employees not just doctors and hygienist, help them if they have a problem not spread the gossip.

Pacific Dental Services2016-07-10