Pacific Dental Services Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Found 685 reviews

3.2
Pacific Dental Services CEO Stephen Thorne
Stephen Thorne
Pros
  • "dentists who move into ownership have opportunity to make a lot of money(in 41 reviews)

• "As a dentist, I am solely able to focus on my dentistry(in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • "They don't care about the dentists(in 59 reviews)

• "You have to be cognizant of what it takes to create a good work life balance, but that's largely dependent on your skill set as a manager(in 49 reviews)

1. "Depends on the Owner Dentist."

Current Employee - Dentist in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Completely Depends on The Owner Dentist. Can be an incredible opportunity/experience or a poor one. They will invest a ton into their teams. No matter what you will learn how to talk to patients and get treatment acceptance.

Cons

Hours are offset and if you’re with a young team it can be tough teaching dental assistants, that comes with the territory though.

Pacific Dental Services2019-09-19
  2. "Fun"

Current Employee - Specialty Dental Assistant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

- traveling is fun you get to meet many different people - specialty bonuses and mileage pay -learn a lot

Cons

- can become difficult since you work with many doctors, remembering each docs style -some offices have a sour apple either a doctor, an assistant, or a manager, so it makes it unpleasant to visit that office - hours and inconsistent schedule

Pacific Dental Services2019-09-19
  3. "long time hygiene"

Current Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Henderson, NV

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

great benefits, std, ltd, 401k match and HSA contributions

Cons

location movements, lower pay rate than city average

Pacific Dental Services2019-09-17
  4. "Amazing and phenomenal place to work and help others."

Current Employee - Benefits Coordinator in Miami, FL

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Positive work environment with a sense of family

Cons

Company does not pay employees when work is cancelled due to natural disasters.

Advice to Management

Train employees first at an office that is not as busy and then transfer them to the main office afterwards.

Pacific Dental Services2019-09-06
  5. "Some super great some JUST NOT!"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Henderson, NV

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

The intense focus on team members growth and development! Entire contact center. From staff to the building itself, the team in Contact Center treats one another like family!

Cons

Politics, favoritism, complete lack of support from the Revenues Team Management. Some VERY questionable ethical and moral practices amongst the Revenue group!

Pacific Dental Services2019-09-06
  6. "Busy Offices"

Former Employee - Dental Assistant

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time

Pros

Corporate setting, insurance and benefits transparent

Cons

You are always working with different people and doctors and it can get confusing.

Pacific Dental Services2019-09-02
  7. "DA"

Current Employee - Dental Assistant

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

You Stay very busy in office

Cons

Something working longer then your shift

Pacific Dental Services2019-08-14

"Operations Manager"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Pacific Dental Services

Pros

Thinking of, “Pros,” is really difficult, as there are very few. I enjoyed working and building relationships with my patients the most. Aside from that, the only other thing I can think of is that you’re left to work autonomously if you know what you’re doing, which is nice.

Cons

Uneducated, unqualified senior (regional) managers abound. You become a regional manager by being cronies with other regional managers and regional partners. It is a joke. They repeatedly hire married couples and frequently have one spouse actually directly manage the other. You can work your tail off, 65+ hours per week, and run a highly successful office, but if you don’t drink their Kool-Aid, you will never... advance. In fact they will work to get you to quit. They offer ample training but it is taught by newbies to the dental industry so they have no idea what they’re talking about; they just read out of a book and pray you don’t ask any questions. They intentionally try to create divisive cultures — pitting front office against back office — and offer NOTHING in the way of help or support. Both regional managers I had told me about how they lie about where they are when they’re just hanging out at home and how once you reach, “their level,” it’s smooth sailing and very little daily work. Also, beware of the fact that at the end of the month, when it’s bonus time, you’ll get calls and texts from your RM, constantly, telling you to, “Adjust Up” several thousands of dollars so they can make their monthly bonuses. You should definitely wonder and question if that money belongs to the company or to the patients. And if it’s the latter, don’t do the adjustments...and then know you’ll be forced to quit or terminated at some point for not doing what your regional manager asked you to do.

Advice to Management

Hired qualified, smart individuals with a growth mindset who are committed to helping you overcome systemic problems. Still the nepotism and favoritism that runs rampant throughout the company. It’s really hard to stay motivated to grow with an organization when you’re more experienced and accomplished than anyone in senior leadership.

Pacific Dental Services2019-08-12

Pacific Dental Services Response

September 9, 2019People Services

We appreciate the account of your experience working at Pacific Dental Services®, and we want you to know that we’re doing everything we can to address the feedback from former team members like you. In recent months, we provided training for leadership throughout the company and ...

9. "Pediatric manager"

Former Employee - Pediatric Manager

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is a great Training program

Cons

Management is always changing turnover very high

Pacific Dental Services2019-07-26

"First Job I've Ever Loved"

Current Employee - Treatment Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Challenging, great people, room to grow and move up, they help you actually learn your job, and great incentives.

Cons

Stressful at times, and mentally tiring at times.

Advice to Management

None they're doing great! And offer so many classes to help improve our skills.

Pacific Dental Services2019-07-19