Pacific Dental Services Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 21 Oct 2019

3.2
Pacific Dental Services CEO Stephen Thorne
Stephen Thorne
  1. "Great Company! Great leadership and training! Great benefits!"

Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

They provide all of the resources for you to succeed. Lots of training and support from regional and national team all the time. Everybody is a hard worker starting from the employees with "high tittles" which makes you realize we have to work as a team with no exception. Managers and regional mangers listen to your concerns and recognize the work you are doing for your office. Company has lots of charity donations,... including building wells in Africa and pay us 16 hours of volunteer work a year, helping you to help others in need. Go on PDS website and read the "We Believe" which is our core. Our goal is to provide the best experience to every patient in every visit. Have been working in one of PDS offices for 3 months and loving it! I have been a Dental Assistant for over 9 years and never thought that I would still learn so much in dentistry with so much of excitement.

Cons

Overtime. Dental assistants have to be in the office 30-45 earlier and some times have shorter lunch break. But, for those who likes the extra money, this is actually not so bad.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the Team Work, and your team will never leave you!

Pacific Dental Services2019-07-22
  2. "Too much work - Too little pay"

Former Employee - Lead Dental Assistant

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Training, technology, easy charting system, decent benefits

Cons

Poor scheduling They start treatment on patients regardless if staff is trying to go to lunch or clock out and go home to their families at the end of the day.

Pacific Dental Services2019-08-03

"Money Hungry, Unethical"

Former Employee - Associate Dentist

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time

Pros

Cerec training, mentorship, can't think of anything else.

Cons

They are over aggressive in treatment planning to the point of unethical. I've seen doctors place crowns on teeth with severe bone loss, root canals for small existing amalgams, and crowns when no cracks are present on the tooth. Management will constantly sit you down to give you lessons about dental treatment planning even though they aren't dentists. You will treatment plan a single Occlusal composite,... but the BC will change the code to a 4 surface composite for financial gain They have a facade that they are Christian with high morals and values, but you'll learn quickly that it is all fake.

Advice to Management

Let dentists be dentists and care more about your patients than your wallets.

Pacific Dental Services2019-08-17
  4. "So Grateful to work for Pacific Dental Services"

Current Employee - Dentist in Ventura, CA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I was a 30 year private practice dentist when I moved to California and was hired by PDS. I have come to see soo many pros to this forward thinking company that I would never go back. to private practice. The support professionally is unrivaled. Exposure to new technology and training was so amazing Support by the company and my professional peers during medical challenge I went through was invaluable. Had I been... in private practice I would have been in serious jeopardy on many levels. The management team and founder have developed an entity that describes how I see dentistry for the next generations of dentists and I feel fortunate to be a part of it

Cons

Not so many cons after 10 years . What I originally saw as cons, have become common sense practices and procedures that are necessary to move forward with this type of organization

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, and that includes growing and changing and evolving

Pacific Dental Services2019-07-12
  5. "Great company"

Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

loved the training program that they have for OM, they call it OMT program, they had me go to different offices and learn the skills and see what works with different team. I think that worked for me to help me drive the office. This is a great company, you've got to be motivated and not be a slacker to be able to succeed, loving each and every second of my time with PDS. I hope it grows and become a single largest... dental company in United States. My unconditional support to Mr. Thorne and company.

Cons

absolutely nothing for now and will never be.

Advice to Management

Have patience!

Pacific Dental Services2019-07-13
  6. "Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Professional Gives back to charity Room to Grow Bonuses Benefits

Cons

They expect a lot out of their employees but compensate nicely, sometimes it can be stressful if you are not hitting your monthly goal.

Pacific Dental Services2019-07-11
  7. "This is the place to be if you want to grow within a company."

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing opportunities for advancement. In our office we are a family and we all have each others back. The company provides an awesome platform of development and it gives each team member the possibility to grow.

Cons

No cons so far. This company is for hard working people and there is always something to do, which is amazing because time goes by faster. You have to be proactive and treat each patient as if there were a family member.

Pacific Dental Services2019-07-10
  8. "Misleading Preemployment Interviews"

Former Employee - Operations Manager
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly Coworkers , low cost dental

Cons

Regional Partner oversold the training and advancement potential and undersold the amount of hours involved and the degree of micromanagement.

Advice to Management

Underpromise and Overdeliver.

Pacific Dental Services2019-07-24

"Horrible experience"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Henderson, NV

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay , and the employees

Cons

Everything else! Management is horrible don’t work here

Advice to Management

Get to know your employees build relationships and don’t judge people.

Pacific Dental Services2019-08-10
  10. "Employee Centric"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Henderson, NV

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have worked for PDS for over 10 yrs! Great company. Truly employee centric

Cons

Better pay. Salary is low compared to demographics

Pacific Dental Services2019-06-23