Pacific Dental Services "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Pacific Dental Services Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Oct 12, 2019

Found 694 reviews

3.2
Pacific Dental Services CEO Stephen Thorne
Stephen Thorne
Pros
  • "I loved how I was able to work on a project that actual dentists could use in the field to positively impact their practice(in 44 reviews)

• "They give back to the community with many events they sponsor i(in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • "Management will constantly sit you down to give you lessons about dental treatment planning even though they aren't dentists(in 61 reviews)

• "You have to be cognizant of what it takes to create a good work life balance, but that's largely dependent on your skill set as a manager(in 50 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Truth about PDS"

Current Employee - Rda in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Is a job that pays bills. Is that is what you need They are always hiring! Take a while guess why !

Cons

managers are extremely condescending do not want to hear what you have to say. All they care about is money, money and did I mention money.! Late hours and frequently no lunches They always talk about how important you are. Come to realize that yes ! You are important but to stay late and finish that last crown or 2 Upper management don’t care about the employees either. You see them once in a while and... don’t even say hello. The look at you up and down and keep on walking. But as soon as they see one of the doctors. Oh my god, they want to give them their first born. No opportunities to move up. Because they need assistants so bad. That once you start as an assistant, they don’t want to let you grow and move up. No work life balance. They work you to dead

Advice to Management

Listen to your people. You are not the only one that knows the job. I’m fact some of you guys don’t even know dental

Pacific Dental Services2019-10-01
  2. "Commitment to my personal growth..."

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The best part about being a team member in this company is the commitment to helping me succeed in every way possible. There are plenty of advancement opportunities, and internal promotion is so important to the entire organization. Very lucky to be a part of something this awesome.

Cons

No major concerns. You have to be cognizant of what it takes to create a good work life balance, but that's largely dependent on your skill set as a manager.

Pacific Dental Services2019-05-13
  3. "Associate Dentist"

Current Employee - Associate Dentist

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work, Life, Balance is great. Good income with lots of CE

Cons

Too much patient, heavy workload

Pacific Dental Services2018-12-10
  4. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time

Pros

Lots of potential to grow if you put the effort in.

Cons

Work/life balance can be difficult at times.

Pacific Dental Services2018-11-23
  5. "Awesome place to work!"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule, great work life balance, amazing leadership, good benefits, and so much more

Cons

I don't have any cons

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Pacific Dental Services2018-10-10
  6. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Worked at Pacific Dental Services for 5 years now. Love working here. The people here are really amazing. PDS Provides a great work life balance and career opportunities. PDS encourages you to donate your time for charity and wants to make a difference in our communities.

Cons

Never had any issues. PDS is always looking out for their employees and provides a lot of opportunities to grow in your career.

Advice to Management

Keep it up doing a good job.

Pacific Dental Services2018-09-25

"General Dentist"

Current Employee - General Dentist in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

I initially had reservations working for PDS due to the corporate reputation. However, I am so glad I did. PDS has exceeded every expectation I’ve had. As a dentist, I am solely able to focus on my dentistry. I do not have to worry about insurance, hiring/firing employees, marketing, etc. Before PDS, I worked in private practice. My work life balance has vastly improved since switching. Other pros include the... amount of free C.E. at my disposable, which is usually very expensive. There is full benefits (medical, vision, 401k, etc) which is unheard of in private practice. I am so happy I took a chance with PDS because it has brought my career to the next level.

Cons

Occasionally open extended hours (7PM) and Saturdays. However, I worked these hours in private practice as well.

Pacific Dental Services2018-03-19

"Marketing Positions"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time

Pros

People in the team are kind and patient

Cons

-- No work-life balance. Workload is really heavy --There is no training for new people who just join the team -- Surprised! There is no clear career path for people with the company for a long time

Advice to Management

-- Upper management team is clueless. Most of time they don't know what they are doing and there is no clear strategy implemented to benefit the business -- Should have less politics, focus more on people who work hard in the team -- There are many micro managers

Pacific Dental Services2018-06-07
  9. "RDA"

Current Employee - Rda

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, fast pace work environment, growth opportunities available.

Cons

Work life balance. Schedule is demanding

Advice to Management

More team building exercises

Pacific Dental Services2018-04-17

"Has its ups and downs like any job."

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good benefits, fast paced work environment, can be challenging in a good way

Cons

Zero work life balance. Becoming way too corporate. Constant pressure for more, even when you are exceeding budgets. Pay does not reflect the work one puts in. Ability to think and be empowered has been lost in the company's desire to expand as rapidly as they have. the company is struggling to keep up with the infrastructure in its expansion. For new managers and benefits coordinators, I often hear that the... training is nothing like the real world of this company and there is much left to be learned that employees wish they would have been taught. You really need to be very proactive with your own training.

Advice to Management

You really need to start training your managers better. Almost as if they should be working with an office manager side by side for a year prior to them getting their own office. Stop being so greedy with your growth and pay your existing employees better. Look at more promotion within the company. It's only a matter of time before the company becomes Western Dental.

Pacific Dental Services2018-04-05