PageGroup Employee Reviews about "career progression"

Updated 10 Apr 2020

3.8
PageGroup CEO Steve Ingham
Steve Ingham
Pros
Cons
  • "Long hours, but to be expected for this industry(in 198 reviews)

• "8:00AM - 6:00pm standard working hours(in 62 reviews)

Reviews about "career progression"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Sydney

I have been working at PageGroup full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Career Progression, Good International locations

Cons

Too much competition, lots of people leaving to competitors

Continue reading
  2. "Poor work ethics - money driven work culture"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I worked at PageGroup full-time for more than a year

Pros

great career progression for young unqualified staff

Cons

poor senior management promoting poor work ethics.

PageGroup Response

January 14, 2018Matthew Gribble, Regional Managing Director, Australia & New Zealand

I’m sorry to hear that your experience at Page wasn’t what we strive for it to be. Our leadership team fully recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of PageGroup, and we respect the hard work and dedication each individual puts in, at all levels. Our values and culture are an integral part of what we do and how we do it and have always contributed to our success. I would welcome the chance to discuss any residual concerns or issues you have with the business. Thanks, Matt

"Good team. Clock watching managers."

2.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at PageGroup full-time for less than a year

Pros

great people, work hard as a team, encourage celebrating wins. Clear paths for career progression, if you stay that long.

Cons

Very very high staff turnover. Salaries are very low. Support staff are undervalued. Encourage staff to provide feedback/complete surveys however nothing is taken on board so things do not change. 'Dynamic working' has been implemented however again nothing changed - culture of clock watching managers. 'Organic growth' model means that the people at the top are set in their ways and ignore the issues driving staff away.

4. "Consultant"

I worked at PageGroup

Pros

Great people Fast paced Good opportunities for Career progression

Cons

Long hours relative to pay High turnover

"Every time I have delivered my targets and achieved my objectives, a new career opportunity has been presented to me"

I have been working at PageGroup full-time

Pros

Transparent, merit based culture. Global opportunities and long term career path - rare for recruitment! If you put in the hard yards in your early years , the business will repay your efforts with regular career progression.

Cons

It is not an easy job and only those with a long term career approach and high level of resilience excel. Many of those who post bitter and negative comments on this site have typically not achieved success or have had an over inflated sense of self worth.

Continue reading
  6. "Good company to work for"

Current Employee - Associate Partner in Hong Kong

I have been working at PageGroup full-time

Pros

Career progression, great culture and encironment

Cons

Can be repetitive work, same thing each week

"Great Place To Build a Sales Career"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at PageGroup full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Michael Page has an absolutely unmatched sales career progression track. Every early promotion within the business is based on numbers and results which is how a sales organization should be. While that can lead to a younger managerial structure, over the last few years Michael Page has made an effort to make sure that once you get to the managerial level your promotions are based not only on numbers but also demonstration of managerial behaviors. This truly puts your career in your own hands and has created a much more sustainable managerial structure moving forward. - Boston is one of our highest growth markets which is creating an overflow of opportunities for those who want to build out markets and grow their careers quickly in the business. - It is a very hands off and autonomous environment that allows you to get creative while also providing a structured training program that builds a foundation for consultants to be able to create phenomenal lasting relationships with candidates and clients - Especially this year, MP had taken initiatives to listen to their employees and enhance their work life balance with more flexible hours and a more dynamic working environment which has already yielded immense benefits to employees.

Cons

- This is a sales environment with 360 degree responsibilities from day one. For people who are early in their careers that can be a lot of responsibility all at once and can take a longer ramp up time to see success. - As mentioned above, it is a very hands off and autonomous environment where you do have to consistently be pro-active in order to prospect and develop your own book of business. Management is working on identifying tools to enhance consultants ability to prospect but it does take a lot of self structure, planning, and high output on a daily basis. If you're on the fence about sales this is probably not the best career path.

Continue reading

"Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Associate Director in New York, NY

I have been working at PageGroup full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Career progression, training, people - you can fast track your career if you work hard enough

Cons

Big corporate with a big corporate mentality - some of which can be frustrating to the inexperienced

9. "Competitive but worth it"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at PageGroup full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good bonus structure Good career progression

Cons

The toilets could be nicer

PageGroup Response

November 29, 2019Beverley Nicholas, Regional Talent Director

Thank you for your excellent feedback, we appreciate your comments on bonus structure and career progression, both are very important factors that we know really drive our employee engagement and essentially influences employee commitment to Page. Positive engagement and career progression opportunities at Page has allowed us to continue to work alongside some fantastic individuals and to be able to watch their careers grow and reach great heights. We recognise some of our facilities might be in need of a bit of an update, over the last year we have transformed both of the reception areas in our London Aldwych office and are continuing to look at developing and improving the look of a number of our other offices and facilities across the UK – including our recent upgrade of our Victoria House Office.

10. "Exciting place to work with unparalleled growth and exposure"

Current Employee - Manager in Mumbai

I have been working at PageGroup full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The best thing about working at Michael Page is the people. Quite simply, you will not get such a set of commercially savvy, energetic, well turned out and dynamic people anywhere else. Period. Coming in to office is itself an enjoyable experience as you know that you are not going to have a dull moment the entire day. Recruitment Consulting at Page is a great way to understand business. While often advertised as sales, the role is so much more than that. It provides the opportunity to actually run your own business, from lead generation and sales to contracting, requirement gathering, solution delivery and finally revenue booking and collections. You get to rub shoulders with CXOs of large organisations so and lead client meetings pitching to industry veterans at a (comparatively) very young age The organisation has a high-performing, transparent and merit-driven culture. Career Progression is something they strongly believe in and you are always clear what is expected of you to get to the next level.

Cons

The organisation has some way to go in how it leverages IT. The CRM is slightly dated and the use of basic technology like video integrated messenger systems internally for each terminal is not standardised. Also, there are logistical issues that accompany any fast-growing organisation in a metropolis such as availability of meeting rooms, size and availability of restrooms, size of the pantry etc.

Found 73 reviews