Pandora Media, LLC Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 25 Feb 2019

4.0
Pandora Media, LLC CEO Jim Meyer
Jim Meyer
  1. "Great perks, great people"

Former Employee - Senior Sales and Marketing Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Pandora Media, LLC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to work, great co-workers and perks

Cons

Slow product development, senior leadership not always transparent and very behind the ball.

Pandora Media, LLC2019-02-25

"Long time Panda"

Current Employee - Marketing in Oakland, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Pandora Media, LLC full-time

Pros

- Employees are passionate about music across the board. Many are musicians themselves. - Transparent leadership - as transparent as you can be with a publicly traded company. - In my experience, micromanagement is not a thing. Employees are trusted to get their work done, wherever and however they can. - Great office space in Oakland, and in all of the major hubs (NYC, Chi, Santa Monica). - People-first... culture. Lots of opportunity for career growth. - PERGS - awesome hobby groups that the company supports. - Best culture I've ever been a part of. Amazing people.

Cons

- The direction/vision for our future, and how to get there, is not clear at the moment. -Lots of leadership changes and turnover over the last 18 months, including layoffs. -Lack of investment in infrastructure. -People work in silos at times, and folks trip over themselves when it comes to cross collaboration. -Process heavy in a way that can make us a day late/dollar short. -Our product needs to... differentiate itself more from competition and invest more into CE/Auto. -Lots of passing of the buck / no point people.

Advice to Management

Take care of your people. Praise publicly, give negative feedback privately. Figure out how people can work across departments more easily. You're losing great people at a fast clip. Invest in the culture, and invest in getting the product into the hands of millennials (campus marketing).

Pandora Media, LLC2017-09-06

"Great Place to Work - Fun - Friendly - Fast"

Current Employee - Marketing in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Pandora Media, LLC full-time

Pros

Pandora is a great place to work. It is really a culture of music lovers. I have never worked a a place with such a diverse work background (musicians, artist, designers, sales people, engineers, scientist, business people, analyst). The company is growing so everything is pretty fast paced. There is no 401K matching BUT - employees get a discount on stock which more than makes up for that. Work/Life balance is also... pretty good right now. Working in Uptown is cool and the office space is pretty nice. There's also the free snacks + pizza and cake for the company meetings once a month.

Cons

Since the company is growing there is the opportunity to have more processes in place to drive efficiencies. The different departments also have the opportunity to become more integrated. Again, being a relatively new company - they also don't provide great training for employees. I do think all will be fixed in time.

Advice to Management

To keep the best of the best think about how you can better invest and develop your people. Those people will always want to push and keep learning vs. resting on their laurels (is that the right phrase??)

Pandora Media, LLC2015-08-06

"People oriented innovation"

Marketing

I have been working at Pandora Media, LLC

Pros

ability to move roles, innovative, gentle, great culture, great people, great values

Cons

constant change, varied compensation plans for similar roles

Pandora Media, LLC2015-02-12

"Great company"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Pandora Media, LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone is super passionate and talented. Sick time/time off is very flexible. Ability to have volunteer time off. Exciting to work with a product that is universally loved (aka the cool factor).

Cons

Disconnect between upper management and lower management...sometimes projects are not visible to up-aboves, whether for the better or worse.

Advice to Management

More visibility into coordinators/lower level activities.

Pandora Media, LLC2014-08-20