Pandora Media, LLC Reviews

Updated 22 Jun 2020

3.5
Pandora Media, LLC CEO Jim Meyer
Jim Meyer

"Once great - now like AM radio"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Pandora Media, LLC full-time

Pros

At one time, the people were great - kind, motivated, hard working. Saw that slowly shift as new leaders revolved through the doors and company lost its way. Nice office culture. You don't have to work very hard in some departments. Most don't even show up on Fridays so they can start their weekend early. Some good collaboration (when politics weren't so rampant).

Cons

Don't believe the claims about diversity. It's all talk. Believe me, I know. Leadership appears to be increasingly aligned to right-wing politics. One leader once stood in front of her team and said her goal was to "make the department great again." Many departments have poor work ethics. And it shows in extremely long product and feature rollouts. Marketing is poorly executed there - how do you lose 6 million active listeners a year? Two years in a row! Miles and miles behind on technology. Never innovative. HR looks the other way at senior leadership "fraternization." C-level leadership is MIA at times.

2. "Great Culture"

4.0
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Oakland, CA

I worked at Pandora Media, LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing co-workers with high energy and motivation. HQ is in a hip and cool location.

Cons

Can't outplay Spotify.....which was the company mantra

3. "Great Job"

Current Employee - Musics Analyst

I have been working at Pandora Media, LLC full-time

Pros

Ultimate flexibility, engaging and challenging tasks, great team morale.

Cons

Uncertainty of overall company direction.

"Great place before SXM"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Finance Analyst in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Pandora Media, LLC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture and work life balance

Cons

Recently purchased by SiriusXm which will be a negative in the long run.

5. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Pandora Media, LLC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Competitive salaries and the best work/life/balance I've ever had in my professional career

Cons

Quite a few leadership changes over the past few years, which has lead to some organizational changes, including layoffs.

"Love coming to work everyday"

Current Employee - Director of Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Pandora Media, LLC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It’s music, after all. Selling is really great here - the platform is well established in the marketplace and it’s easy to get a meeting. People are generally nice and wonderful to work with. There is incredible sales support and resources - we are so spoiled!

Cons

A lot people fly under the radar and don’t pull their weight. I wish Pandora was better at holding people accountable to performance goals and setting higher expectations for work.

Continue reading

"Good culture until going downhill"

I worked at Pandora Media, LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture Old ceo Young company

Cons

Sirius takeover Lack of diversity in team No longer high growth company

"Sad demise of a once great company"

2.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Pandora Media, LLC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- 3 day weekend (Fridays are WAH but no one really works) - Super generous sick-day policy. Take a mental health day every week or two and you will be working 10 at most 12 days a month. - Great maternity benefits. Having a child while at Pandora is the best. Although official maternity leave is just 12 week you can stay “WAH” for months after the 12 weeks are over. - People are generally friendly. There is couple of bros, douchebags and SJWs but it is not hard to ignore them. - Great environment for women and people of color. Due to hiring bonuses and diversity quotas you almost don’t need to put any effort into getting hired. - As soon as you get on manager track things get even more relaxed. You barely need to do any work. Just sit in meetings for 5 hours a day and you are done. - There are concerts in the office. - Great travel expense policy. If you are remote every couple of weeks you get flight and hotel covered to come to work in Oakland.

Cons

- Promotions are based purely on tenure and politics. Hard work is not rewarded. - Exodus of good people. Retention is terrible. Good people are leaving and coasters are staying. Generally the quality of talent is tanking. - There is a fair amount of backstabbing. - There used to be a great work culture but that was 4-5 years ago. These days the work environment is more toxic. - Company leadership is heavily supporting right wing politics. By working here you basically support the republican party. - Low pay. About 60-70% of what you can get elsewhere. - Layoffs third year in a row. Very little job security. - Buddy-buddy system which makes it very hard to move your career forward. - People who are director level and higher are a joke. They have no idea what is their org doing and are doing very little work. - Our titles are a joke. “Principal” at Pandora would hardly pass as L4 or L5 at a bigger companies in bay area. - The tech is ancient. A lot of stuff is build in-house and is nowhere close to industry standards. If you plan to learn new tech, don’t come here. - Marketing is absolutely useless. No one even knows Pandora has on-demand after 3 years.

Continue reading
  9. "Pandora provides an amazing culture"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Pandora Media, LLC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture - nobody does it like Pandora. The people , the business , the fun.

Cons

Change , fast pace , slow advancement but overall great culture

"Used to be really great place to work."

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Oakland, CA

I worked at Pandora Media, LLC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People passionate about the product. Friendly team. Good location near BART.

Cons

Negative people destroying a once humble culture. Blind is full of toxic engineers complaining about everything. People still complain about strategic decisions made by CEOs from 4-5 years ago. More time is spent complaining than trying to improve things.

Found 328 reviews