Pariveda Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Found 293 reviews

4.7
Pariveda Solutions CEO Bruce Ballengee
Bruce Ballengee
  1. "A consulting firm designed with employee development at its heart"

Current Employee - Pariveda Solutions in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Structured and flexible career paths with a dedicated mentor to guide you along the way. Generalist model provides opportunities to grow into adjacent skills and functional areas to your core competencies. Employee ownership model provides protection from outside acquisition and related massive cultural shifts.

Cons

Consulting project assignments not always ideal due to client and market constraints and pressures.

Advice to Management

Continue investments in enabling scaling and assurance of Fin development as we grow into a large international firm.

Pariveda Solutions2019-02-13
  2. "Lots of growth and support"

Current Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

* people are very interested in your professional growth and always willing to help * lots of transparency in the company (salary, hiring standards, promotion expectations, company initiatives, etc) * each office has its own micro-culture, which is interesting and can be fun * you get to work on a lot of different types of projects as a consultant

Cons

* if you don't fit with pariveda's career path (individual contributor --> manager), then it's difficult to carve out alternate options * the pay isn't competitive with other tech companies (but it is competitive with other consulting companies)

Pariveda Solutions2019-02-08
  3. "Great Experience"

Current Employee - Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Well-defined Career path. I know exactly where my career can go in the next 10 years, which I've found is pretty rare. - Focus on people. Pariveda throws a lot of $/hours into growing their employees. The feedback that each employee gets is structured to be honest, constructive, and focused on helping the employee reach their fullest potential. I'm confident that I'll grow as a professional here. -... Consulting w/o the Consulting Travel. For the most part, most consultants don't travel on a weekly or monthly basis. They will work with you to make sure you're on a project that makes sense for you and your family time. The level of flexibility they give is world class in that they really try their best to get you where you feel comfortable.

Cons

The commute can be variable, depending on which client project you're on. You can either be in the office, or you can be at the client.

Pariveda Solutions2019-02-06
  4. "Great First Experience With Consulting"

Current Employee - Consultant I in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Commitment to Employee Growth Lots of transparency Open and honest communication Great upper management Clear promotion path

Cons

None so far. I've heard others have seen opportunities for better compensation after 3-5 years of experience.

Advice to Management

Stay committed to the culture, and prioritize it over short-term growth

Pariveda Solutions2019-02-03
  5. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

At Pariveda, growth opportunities and resources are readily available, compensation is above average, and company culture is awesome. I can honestly say that feel valued and cared for.

Cons

Working for Pariveda can be extremely challenging at times. Pariveda employees are required to get out of their comfort zone on a regular basis. There are often tight deadlines.

Pariveda Solutions2019-01-31

"Transparent, Clear Growth Opportunities"

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pariveda's greatest strength is the transparency that is provided to you around your career. Published salaries and clear expectations for advancement take a lot of stress out of the job. Pariveda has given me ample opportunity to grow and learn in my career, which is a testament to the company's commitment to talent development. Over the years, my role has grown and expanded in ways that are meaningful to me.

Cons

Not necessarily a con, but the firm has to be careful about how it continues to grow. Much of what makes Pariveda great could easily be lost if it grows in the wrong way.

Advice to Management

Be cognizant of the employee experience as the firm grows

Pariveda Solutions2019-01-23

"Associate"

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time

Pros

I have been work at the LA office for a few months now, and so far I have to agree with most of the reviews here that it is an amazing place to work. Pariveda truly cares about you as an individual! We all got the opportunity to attend a training event in Dallas called Dolphin School after first joining, where we learned amazing business strategies and coaching skills that we can apply to thrive in our industry.... The office also takes pride in leading a by-weekly lunch & learn session. This is a great opportunity for everyone in the office to participate and lead a 1-2-hour session on a machine learning topic or any topic that promotes career/individual growth. We have a very collaborative culture, and everybody just wants to grow and learn together through feedback. Pariveda invests a lot in us to make sure we have a great work life balance. Everybody at the office is very friendly and approachable. We go on many fun excursions as a group outside of work (restaurants, sporting events, conferences, etc.). We also get access to online training to pursue any technical/business certifications. LA office is also great because for the last couple of months we have been getting tasty local food catered in for breakfast & lunch twice a week. The interview process was also very smooth. I had my interviews done and an offer in hand in 5 weeks or so. My recruiter was great and kept me in the loop throughout the whole process.

Cons

So far so good :)

Pariveda Solutions2018-12-15

"Great but..."

Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company culture at Pariveda is great for the most part. The benefits are pretty good and unless you're in an office like SF, the pay is okay. The people are awesome as well and really the backbone of the company. Most people are genuinely helpful and supportive, which makes coming into work a lot easier. Everyone is intelligent, helpful, and always willing to learn, which is important because the culture is one... in which learning is strongly supported. All of these attributes can be found from VPs down to Cs, too. Pariveda preaches and (for the most part) practices transparency. They do a good job of communicating generally important information such as financials, staffing, performance, etc. Performance scales and salaries are included in this transparency as well, so employees know exactly what's expected of them in order to move to the next level. Side projects and continued learning are encouraged throughout the company. Other initiatives are promoted, such as learning, community service, networking, and fun. Having this creates camaraderie and connections in the office outside of the 9 to 5 grind. Work/life balance is great because, very rarely, do people end up holding production support roles. There's no on call either. Just some travel, which depends on which project you get staffed on.

Cons

Everyone is evaluated against the same scale. Which means that if you're a high performer and Joe Schmo is at the same level as you and did the bare minimum to get by, you'll both get the same recognition: the same promotion and pay. This behavior discourages employees to go above and beyond what's expected of them due to lack of recognition across the entire company. Doing more is not going to help you in the long... run, ultimately, it will lead you to burn out. Pariveda prides itself in local clients and minimal travel. However, that's not necessarily true, especially for smaller offices that hard time retaining local clients. This can lead to continuous travel to a larger market, which could also mean crossing time zones and early meetings. This would be fine, if Pariveda wasn't actively communicating that there isn't much travel.

Advice to Management

Recognize your top performers. You'll start to experience more attrition if you don't start providing ample recognition to the top talent and those who exceed expectations. Understand that not everyone appreciates recognition alike. While some people don't like recognition, others may require it in order to understand their worth. Work with individuals, not the company as a whole. Stop communicating that Pariveda... doesn't travel. Not everyone you're interviewing is coming from a consulting background. Understand that "no travel" is not the same thing as "possible travel" or "it depends on the market situation". Listen to your employees and take them seriously, especially if they have serious complaints. Don't disregard communications, work with employees who are unhappy on projects or in situations and take what they're saying seriously. Just because it doesn't seem like a serious issue to you, doesn't mean it isn't a serious issue to them. Your people are your product and if your people are unhappy, you'll have a bad product in no time, making your company essentially useless.

Pariveda Solutions2018-11-28

"Alright"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time

Pros

Benefits are great People are friendly for the most part

Cons

Enjoyment of the job is highly dependent on what client you are staffed on. Their message regarding staffing changes constantly.

Pariveda Solutions2018-12-04

"Great place to grow your career"

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Everyone has a mentor guiding your in your career You are developed as an individual, not just as a generic employee Everyone is willing to jump in and help Promotions based on my performance not how I compare to my peers As I want to explore new areas and broaden my skillset, they work with me in order to do that

Cons

Not a place if you don't enjoy learning & change

Pariveda Solutions2018-11-13