Pertemps Reviews

Updated 13 Jul 2020

2.9
Pertemps Lifetime President  Tim Watts (no image)
Tim Watts
Pros
  • "Good team, work hard, play hard(in 7 reviews)

• "They go the extra mile to ensure you are looked after and paid on time(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Very long hours sometimes needed in recruitment(in 7 reviews)

• "They don't attempt to progress your career, very focused on leader-boards and figures to look good to head office(in 6 reviews)

"Don"

Hgv1 Driver in Liverpool

I have been working at Pertemps

Pros

Some HGV work. Nothing major. You may get paid. You may not!

Cons

Will book you for weeks then cancel you at a moments notice and not pay you. Even if you make it clear that you already had work elsewhere. This is not a game. It's peoples lives, mortgages etc you are messing with. If you contract someone (verbal or written) you are obliged to pay. Even if it's your main contract that has backed out last minute. It's not the Drivers fault or problem but you make them pay the price.

2. "Horrible agency"

Former Employee - IT Hardware Technician in Liverpool, England

I worked at Pertemps full-time for less than a year

Pros

None at all, stay away

Cons

They treat employees like they would have no rights

July 14, 2020

Hello, thank you for giving us your feedback. At Pertemps, we take all feedback from current and former employees very seriously. We are disappointed to hear you claim to have had a negative experience which does not match with our usual high standards. Please get in touch with specific details so we can look into your comments further. Reach us via the Pertemps website on the 'get in touch' section - here you can leave more details in the strictest confidence in line with our public disclosure policy. Or, contact one of our HR professionals. Thank you.

3. "Alright service, better than some agency's but not great at all."

Former Employee - Royal Mail Deivery Driver in Cambridge, England

I worked at Pertemps part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good list of jobs Good enforcement of contract on guaranteed hours.

Cons

Bad communication Constant turnaround of employees who are communicating with agents.

June 10, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're happy to hear you have had an overall positive experiences at Pertemps. We have taken your comments into consideration. Thanks again!

"So many mistakes and then ignoring you about them"

2.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Solihull, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Pertemps part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I can't really think of any

Cons

Mistakes with pay Misinformation about holidays, pay etc Ignored when emailing about issues Told completely different things by different employees

June 10, 2020

At Pertemps, we take all feedback from current and former employees very seriously. We are sorry to hear you claim you had a negative experience which does not match with our usual high standards. Reach us via the Pertemps website on the 'get in touch' section - where you can leave more details in the strictest confidence in line with our public disclosure policy. Or, contact one of our HR professionals. Thanks for taking the time to leave your valuable feedback!

"Racist and discriminative"

Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Livingston, Scotland

I have been working at Pertemps full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good money during night shift. Was good initially to have a set shift before they decided to change it.

Cons

Management and supervisor roles given to Eastern European’s only. No guarantee of a shift. Favouritism goes on, sexist comments made to female workers. Not a nice atmosphere. Made to work until your hand and feet bleed. It’s like working in a slave trade.

June 9, 2020

I am sorry to hear about your experience whilst working for Pertemps. Our HR Manager would very much welcome the opportunity to speak with you further about your experience. Please, can you contact Sylvia on 01676 525270. The conversation will be in complete confidence.

"Stay away miserable pay and very rude person ti deal with."

Former Employee - Driver in Derby, England

I worked at Pertemps full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible shift weekly pay jobs

Cons

Stay away waste of time.Dident whant to pay the furlough.

7. "Rewards Dedication"

Current Employee - Middle Management in London, England

I have been working at Pertemps full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast progression, good holiday entitlement

Cons

low pay, long hours, department inequality

June 9, 2020

Thank you for your feedback! We're glad to hear you are happy with the fast progression and holiday entitlement. Regarding department inequality, please get in touch with specific details so we can look into your comments further. Reach us via the Pertemps website on the 'get in touch' section - here you can leave more details in the strictest confidence in line with our public disclosure policy. Or, contact one of our HR professionals. Thanks again!

8. "Great company to work for"

I worked at Pertemps full-time

Pros

Great company culture and team

Cons

Large company so didn't get to know any other offices

June 9, 2020

Thank you for your review. We’re over the moon to hear the great experiences you had with us. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your valuable feedback

9. "Good experience"

Current Employee - Warehouse Operator in Daventry, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Pertemps full-time for less than a year

Pros

They willing to help you although you don't have any professional experience

Cons

Pay rate it is low

June 9, 2020

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to leave your valuable comments. We're glad to hear you are happy with the support you have received and have been offered. We have a determination to ensure each and every one of our employees receive the encouragement, support and training to achieve in their career, highlighted by our increased focus and investment in our training and development offering. Regarding pay rates, please get in touch with specific details so we can look into your comments further. Reach us via the Pertemps website on the 'get in touch' section - here you can leave more details in the strictest confidence in line with our public disclosure policy. Or, contact one of our HR professionals. Thank you!

"Clowns to the left & jokers to the right..."

Current Employee - Branch Manager in London, England

I have been working at Pertemps full-time

Pros

There are some genuinely good people in the business but regrettably none of them are running it... Customer focus and offer is good but only thanks to those that actually DO the job rather than those that direct.

Cons

Tim Watts needs to go, past his sell by date and whilst once the reason the business was a success is now the reason it is a poor place to work. To the left we have 2 MD's (don't ask why 2) who fancy themselves as a comedy double act, the bumbling fool and the one with verbal diarrhoea and then to the right waiting in the wings and 'secretly' being lined up as the future we have a pair of butt kissing wannabes who could not direct traffic let alone a business... All that said we are a Times Top 100 company which of course means the business is well run, free from discrimination and serves the people who actually contribute to it....oops sorry was daydreaming again. Besides when was the last time a man was awarded the Connie Watts accolade? Yep discrimination is alive and well... Having toiled for over 10 years and been overlooked, talked down to, patronised and pretty much brow beaten at every turn I have had enough and will be looking for a proper company to work for.....let the Meriden Mafia continue to look after themselves with nice cars and houses whilst the rest work hard to keep them in the style to which they have become lazily accustomed.

June 8, 2020

I am sorry to hear about your experiences whilst working for Pertemps. We would very much welcome the opportunity to speak with you in complete confidence. Please can you contact either Tracy Evans (HR Director), or Sylvia Moore (HR Manager), on 01676 525270 to discuss your experiences in more detail.

Found 155 reviews