Philadelphia Corporation for Aging Reviews

Updated 17 Apr 2020

2.8
Philadelphia Corporation for Aging President & CEO Holly Lange (no image)
Holly Lange
  1. "Service coordinator"

I have been working at Philadelphia Corporation for Aging full-time

Pros

Flexible, close to home good benefits clean environment people oriented

Cons

Low pay, hard to move up

2. "Assessment Worker"

I worked at Philadelphia Corporation for Aging full-time

Pros

While working at PCA, i would like to say some of the Pros are the flexible schedule, interesting people you meet, and being out in the field all day.

Cons

Some days would be jammed packed to meet quota, and work environment can be a bit difficult.

Continue reading

"Horrible, horrible, horrible place to work"

1.0
    Assessment Worker/Case Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Philadelphia Corporation for Aging

Pros

They offer a reasonable benefits package and there is parking onsite.

Cons

Management horrible! I worked there four years and they treated us like dogs! Talked to us like crap and there is no support! Horrible horrible place!

Philadelphia Corporation for Aging Response

July 21, 2017Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry that you had such a poor experience at PCA. PCA does not tolerate harassment of their employees of any kind and encourages employees to report such issues immediately. PCA tries to ensure that all employees are treated fairly and with respect. We wish you had spoken to the Human Resources department about the way you felt you were treated. If there is something that you would like to report, please feel free to contact us at cslusser@pcaphl.org

4. "Good company"

5.0
     in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Philadelphia Corporation for Aging

Pros

Health insurance is reasonably priced. Vacation time is generous. Most departments are flexible with taking time off.

Cons

Parking is not available to all employees. Dress code could be more casual. Telecommuting is not available to all employees.

Continue reading
  5. "Good reputation but bad place to work"

2.0
    Former Employee - Assessment Worker

I worked at Philadelphia Corporation for Aging full-time for less than a year

Pros

Half hour of your full hour lunch time is paid. Pension with company after 5 years of work.

Cons

Was lied to about taking work home during interview process (working overtime without the pay). Assessment worker supervisors always encouraged you to take work home.

6. "social work"

Current Employee - Service Coordinator I in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Philadelphia Corporation for Aging full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you are in the helping profession you will gain experience working with the elderly. They are trainings that can help you in your work or career. The work environment is pleasant. Since I've been there my supervisor and co workers have been supportive.

Cons

You can become become backup in your work if you are not organized

Continue reading

"Don't be fooled, this corporation is as soulless as they come!"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Philadelphia Corporation for Aging full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits package (medical, script, dental and vision) Every weekend, and national holiday off

Cons

Expect to be constantly harassed when doing the most basic functions (I.e. use the bathroom, eat your lunch) 6 month probationary period when first starting which states (in so many words) that they can terminate you at any time for any reason. Anything short of a state of emergency in the city, and the place WILL NOT close (winter storms and a foot of snow included). Working with the most treacherous, hypocritical, uncouth people of all of North Philadelphia Terrible starting pay ($8.03/hr), lousy raises for physically/mentally exhausting work. Being made to do jobs outside of your job description. Required to become a spineless, sycophantic yes man/woman in order to flourish within the job. Poor management skills Discrimination (racial and age-related) Constant pest infestions (mice, roaches and bedbugs) Apathy towards most employees (save for aforementioned toadies under the thumb of management. Generally speaking, it's OSHA's worst nightmare.

8. "Assessment Worker"

2.0

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Philadelphia Corporation for Aging

Pros

Decent amount of paid holidays off

Cons

Management tends to play favoritism

"Stable Employment"

4.0

I have been working at Philadelphia Corporation for Aging full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great experience opportunities; work environment is what you make of it

Cons

Old school management style but new leadership taking over every day bringing life to the agency, slowly.

"Biased, sometimes non caring management, great if you are quiet and don't make waves and generally good job security."

Former Employee - Care Manager I in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Philadelphia Corporation for Aging full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great benefits, vacation, holidays, training, a lot of friendly people, respect for your personal time. You are doing important work to help the elderly in Philadelphia. Some fun events with free meals, and some great committees. Generally good job security for most. A decent job if you have a good supervisor. You will learn a lot here.

Cons

If you have a lousy supervisor, can be miserable. Upper management won't support you. If you're an outspoken advocate, you can be blacklisted. They prefer people who are quiet and tow the line. There have been a lot of issues with the budget due to the state, so there is a great deal of stress for many, especially in the care management department which is now called service technicians. There are a lot of biases and gossip from upper management, many who have been there a long time and aren't interested in fresh, new ideas. Some supervisors have poor supervisor skills and are micromanagers. Some are excellent- it's luck of the draw.

Found 54 reviews