Philadelphia Corporation for Aging Service Coordinator I Reviews

Updated 27 Oct 2018

2.4
Philadelphia Corporation for Aging President & CEO Holly Lange (no image)
Holly Lange

"Didn't try to retain service coordinators, but kept unecessary management"

2.0
    Former Employee - Service Coordinator I

I worked at Philadelphia Corporation for Aging full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some good supervisors. Slightly more days off than most places. Parking is ample.

Cons

When they learned about managed care coming in 2019 they had two choices. Keep the masters level, licensed SCs and attract contracts from the MCO's, or be secretive, petty, and focus on protecting the jobs of the higher level management and hope for the best. Well, guess which one they picked. The board of directors needs to get involved here and determine why this was done.

"Beware of LTCO"

Former Employee - Service Coordinator I in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Philadelphia Corporation for Aging full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I had a wonderful supervisor, director, and team. Telecommuting was a big plus. My supervisor gave a lot of freedom but this isn't the norm. Great name on paper.

Cons

A lot of bad supervisors and directors. Expected to bill for time which takes away from social service. A lot of supervisors don't care about personal comfort ie how you feel in dangerous situations. Company has an extremely high turn over rate - you're considered a veteran at 1 year. Very poor pay for work load expected.

Philadelphia Corporation for Aging Response

July 21, 2017Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. We understand that social workers would much rather be able to practice their social work skills rather than work on a computer to enter information. Unfortunately billable hours are mandated by the state and not PCA. We do strive to support the field based social workers to the best of our ability with telecommuting, flextime and mentors. We know unexpected situations can happen while out in the field and encourage employees to report them. We also closely direct and provide training for the supervising staff.

3. "social work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Service Coordinator I in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Philadelphia Corporation for Aging full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you are in the helping profession you will gain experience working with the elderly. They are trainings that can help you in your work or career. The work environment is pleasant. Since I've been there my supervisor and co workers have been supportive.

Cons

You can become become backup in your work if you are not organized

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 3 reviews