Find jobs for Service Coordinator

Philadelphia Corporation for Aging Service Coordinator Reviews

Updated 17 Apr 2020

2.7
Philadelphia Corporation for Aging President & CEO Holly Lange (no image)
Holly Lange
  1. "Avoid"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Philadelphia Corporation for Aging full-time for more than a year

Pros

Helping people in a vulnerable population

Cons

Horrible work culture. Billable hour system

Continue reading

"Only Care About the big people"

1.0

I worked at Philadelphia Corporation for Aging full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Telecommuting, parking and benefits are benefits

Cons

PCA is only concerned about upper management. They are extremely top heavy for absolutely no reason at all. Half of management don't even know and understand the job but continue to receive a big fat check but on the other hand laid off so many of the "little people". So interesting how so many SC were laid off (to cut back) but not one upper management staff. Too top heavy! Also no room for growth.

3. "Amazing Place to Work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Service Coordinator Supervisor in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Philadelphia Corporation for Aging full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great work environment.. Great benefits

Cons

There is no con at this PCA

"Poorly managed"

I worked at Philadelphia Corporation for Aging full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pension, ample holidays off, occasional raises, telecommuting.

Cons

Top heavy management that doesn't respect or appreciate their employees. Poorly ran and managed long term care department, chaotic/hectic environment, high levels of multitasking required causing clients and their service coordinators to suffer, very high turn over of employees, long hours and no overtime pay despite work load requiring past 8hrs of work, unrealistic expectations, high caseloads that are very difficult to manage, non- supportive environment, notorious for overworking and overwhelming good staff members causing them to leave, listed as non profit but operates as for profit. Corporate greed.

Continue reading

"Didn't try to retain service coordinators, but kept unecessary management"

Former Employee - Service Coordinator I

I worked at Philadelphia Corporation for Aging full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some good supervisors. Slightly more days off than most places. Parking is ample.

Cons

When they learned about managed care coming in 2019 they had two choices. Keep the masters level, licensed SCs and attract contracts from the MCO's, or be secretive, petty, and focus on protecting the jobs of the higher level management and hope for the best. Well, guess which one they picked. The board of directors needs to get involved here and determine why this was done.

6. "Service Coordinator"

Current Employee - Service Coordinator in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Philadelphia Corporation for Aging full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

PTO and medical benefits are good.

Cons

Not paid enough for the amount of work.

"Hit or Miss"

Current Employee - Service Coordinator in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Philadelphia Corporation for Aging full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working for one largest SCE companies in Philadelphia looks good on your resume. A lot of skill building.

Cons

Not enough pay for the amount of work you are required to complete. Job requires you to work harder than you are compensated for. Note enough support from management and supervisors. It can be a stressful environment. Career advancement takes a lot of time put into the company.

"It's a livin'"

Current Employee - Service Coordinator in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Generally helpful supervisors and above average pay for what the job is. Benefits are really affordable. If you put up with a lot you will be rewarded

Cons

They tend to promote young attractive women over more experienced males. Very biased toward women, as mostly women work there. Sometimes dangerous situations with clients and management overlooks the risk factors. Clients are allowed to be lazy and abusive and continue to receive assistance

July 21, 2017Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you do not feel that you have been able to move ahead in your career. PCA is very interested in providing advancement opportunities to all of our employees. PCA has created a number of programs such as Toastmasters and “Leading up” that support and encourage all employees to become involved in their own professional growth. They are employee run and management supported.

"I love my job"

5.0
    No Opinion of CEO

Pros

I love the work we do. I have a great team, supervisor, and director. I go home at night and rest well knowing that I have made a positive contribution to my community. For some people this job is just a paycheck but many people here actually care about our clients and the work that we do. The benefits and health insurance are good. It's a great place to start a career in social services/ aging and a great place to grow if that's what you decide to do.

Cons

I wish people would be compensated based on their skills and qualifications. You get a raise over the years as you stay with the company, but I also feel that people should be compensated based on higher degrees or certain skills (I.e. Being bilingual--a skill that's highly sought in the company). This would reduce turnover.

July 21, 2017Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. PCA employees do believe in the company’s mission statement. As a nonprofit corporation, PCA strives to maintain competitive benefits and salaries. Unfortunately as a nonprofit we cannot always be as competitive as we would like.

"Great company but crippled by bureaucracy."

Former Employee - Service Coordinator in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Philadelphia Corporation for Aging full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

PTO may be the BEST in the city, after 5yrs you receive 4wks of vacation on top of Sick and Personal time. Also not to mention 13 paid holidays. Very progressive organization with tons of really great people who want nothing more than to help Senior Citizens.

Cons

There may not be a PCA in 5years. Between competition and cuts in Medicaid, I can't imagine them being able to pay over 700 people's salaries.

July 21, 2017Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. We do understand your concern for the future of PCA which has been in existence since 1973. Throughout those 40+ years, PCA has evolved and grown as the industry has changed. PCA will continue to be proactive as the changes in the industry occur and we are confident we will be able to deal with the challenges that PCA will be facing and continue to grow and expand in the future. We hope that our employees are instrumental in those changes by taking advantage of the programs that can help them move up within the company such as Leading up and Toastmasters.

Found 15 reviews