Philadelphia Corporation for Aging Employee Reviews about "paid holidays"

Updated 11 May 2018

2.8
Philadelphia Corporation for Aging President & CEO Holly Lange (no image)
Holly Lange
Pros
Cons
  • "Also upper management have poor social skills and bully people to Stay at PCA(in 5 reviews)

• "Very high work load and not enough time with work load to provide social work and help people as I want to(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "paid holidays"

Return to all Reviews

"Overworked staff causes high turnover for what could be a great company"

Current Employee - Assessment Worker in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Philadelphia Corporation for Aging full-time for more than a year

Pros

12 paid holidays, benefits package that is decent for a non-profit, & vacation time is great. Ability to telecommute after 1 year of being employed. Independent work. Supportive supervisor. Employee events & activities. Given an i-Pad and i-Phone for field work. Gas reimbursement for using own car. Large parking lot for field workers. Ability to meet kind, interesting consumers in the community & feel as if you are contributing to their need for assistance. Expands one's knowledge of city driving. Being that it is a non-profit, pay is low, but still higher than most other social service agencies. Increase in pay the longer you stay with the company, as well as pension with 5 years+ at company. Getting to network with some great staff. Tuition reimbursement (although it is measly). Great mission statement for company, which some employees are very passionate about. You can excel with great writing, observation, & organizational skills. Stable company that should not be in trouble of going out of business, d/t its involvement with the entire city of Phila., as well as having over 700 employees.

Cons

High quota leading to high turnover, as many employees become so over-stressed. There is so much paperwork to write up, that often times employees are working late nights and weekends at home trying to finish their cases within 24 hr deadline. Lots of wear & tear on personal car. Having to go to unsafe neighborhoods alone, and sometimes having to walk blocks d/t limited parking or bad weather. Having to see 3 clients in one day in 3 separate regions of the city, leading you to not be able to write up any of the cases during regular business hrs. Incredibly unfriendly CEO. Certain Supervisors are very catty, rude, or micro-manage, making it feel like high school all over again. Low morale among employees. Consumers yelling, arguing, or being plain rude to you when you are trying to complete an assessment in their home. Having to go to dirty, bug ridden homes at times. Having to visit nursing homes with most nursing staff not wanting to provide assistance to you, or they give you attitude when you ask a simple question. Technology can be unreliable sometimes. Sometimes PCA does not close when there is a significant amount of snow on the ground, yet they expect you to be able to get your car out & if you can't, if comes out of your personal time (although they did improve this in the past winter).

Continue reading

"Nice working environment, but the pay needs to be raised."

I worked at Philadelphia Corporation for Aging full-time

Pros

Friendly atmosphere Pension Excellent hours Paid Holidays Benefits Knowledgeable Management

Cons

Low Pay Little room for advancement No bonus

Philadelphia Corporation for Aging Response

December 11, 2017Recruiter

It is always nice to see so many things our employees are happy about. We continue to strive to make PCA a positive environment where the employees have opportunities to grow both personally and professionally with programs like Toastmasters and Leading Up.

"Great company but crippled by bureaucracy."

Former Employee - Service Coordinator in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Philadelphia Corporation for Aging full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

PTO may be the BEST in the city, after 5yrs you receive 4wks of vacation on top of Sick and Personal time. Also not to mention 13 paid holidays. Very progressive organization with tons of really great people who want nothing more than to help Senior Citizens.

Cons

There may not be a PCA in 5years. Between competition and cuts in Medicaid, I can't imagine them being able to pay over 700 people's salaries.

Philadelphia Corporation for Aging Response

July 21, 2017Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. We do understand your concern for the future of PCA which has been in existence since 1973. Throughout those 40+ years, PCA has evolved and grown as the industry has changed. PCA will continue to be proactive as the changes in the industry occur and we are confident we will be able to deal with the challenges that PCA will be facing and continue to grow and expand in the future. We hope that our employees are instrumental in those changes by taking advantage of the programs that can help them move up within the company such as Leading up and Toastmasters.

4. "Assessment Worker"

2.0

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Philadelphia Corporation for Aging

Pros

Decent amount of paid holidays off

Cons

Management tends to play favoritism

"Overall, A Rewarding and Challenging Place to Work"

4.0
     in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Philadelphia Corporation for Aging

Pros

Excellent benefits, many paid holidays, rewarding work, supportive environment, tuition reimbursement available, good opportunities for career advancement, co-workers are friendly

Cons

Work can be monotonous, depending on your job, workload is heavy, jobs can be stressful, compensation is low compared with other industries

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 5 reviews