Philadelphia Corporation for Aging Employee Reviews about "social work"

Updated 20 May 2019

2.8
Philadelphia Corporation for Aging President & CEO Holly Lange (no image)
Holly Lange
Pros
Cons
  • "Also upper management have poor social skills and bully people to Stay at PCA(in 5 reviews)

• "Very high work load and not enough time with work load to provide social work and help people as I want to(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "social work"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "It could be a great place but.."

2.0

I worked at Philadelphia Corporation for Aging full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pto and benefits. You will need them.

Cons

Where do they find some of these supervisors?you will be a social work assembly line.

"Service Coordinator"

Current Employee - Service Coordinator in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Philadelphia Corporation for Aging full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great place for a young worker getting started in the social service field. Over the past 12 years I have gotten a lot of wonderful experience and gained vital skills.

Cons

Low morale due to company and funding changes etc. Very high work load and not enough time with work load to provide social work and help people as I want to. Very unrealistic deadlines for paperowrk and 40 hours is not enough time in the week to keep your head above water in this service coordinate position. I often have to work outside of work hours....very hard with other responsible outside of work.

Continue reading

"If you have a great supervisor, it's a great place- if you have a bad one- you have a problem..."

Former Employee - Care Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Philadelphia Corporation for Aging full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

great benefits, time off, respect for hours worked, doing good work for the elderly, great trainings, generally nice co workers. Teams and committees.

Cons

Some very poor supervisors, biases against certain people and favortism, some people in higher management haven't done social work in decades. Can be authoritarian and hierachal. Lots of budget cuts and changes- especially in the care management departments. sometimes very poor morale.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 3 reviews