Philadelphia Corporation for Aging Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated 21 Jan 2020

2.8
Philadelphia Corporation for Aging President & CEO Holly Lange (no image)
Holly Lange
Pros
Cons
  • "Also upper management have poor social skills and bully people to Stay at PCA(in 5 reviews)

• "Very high work load and not enough time with work load to provide social work and help people as I want to(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews

"Only Care About the big people"

Former Employee - Service Coordinator

I worked at Philadelphia Corporation for Aging full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Telecommuting, parking and benefits are benefits

Cons

PCA is only concerned about upper management. They are extremely top heavy for absolutely no reason at all. Half of management don't even know and understand the job but continue to receive a big fat check but on the other hand laid off so many of the "little people". So interesting how so many SC were laid off (to cut back) but not one upper management staff. Too top heavy! Also no room for growth.

"SC worker"

Current Employee - Options Department in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Philadelphia Corporation for Aging full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good experience for short term but stay permanent

Cons

They don't allow people to Grow or Transfer to another department. They work u like a dirt dog. I was told in orientation tht I could transfer after probation that was a lie. Good record on working skills but refuses to promote or transfer to another department. Also upper management have poor social skills and bully people to Stay at PCA

Continue reading

"MDC Driver A waste of time."

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Philadelphia, PA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Philadelphia Corporation for Aging full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Holidays, Vacation and Sick Time. Helping the Elderly and disadvantaged in The City Of Philadelphia.

Cons

You have to work double to get that Holiday. The upper management with whom have all been there for over 10 years act like they have no idea to handle Snow and bad weather. Everything is in turmoil. Also Sorry to have to throw this out there in this day and age but Hiring People of "NON COLOR" is a big issue at The Meal Distribution Center. The ratio is slanted.

4. "Great experience!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Service Coordinator in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Philadelphia Corporation for Aging full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Telecommuting! Oh my God!so convenient. I get such done in my own space. Nobody distracting me and I'm close to some of my cases. I have the privilege 2 times a week. Benefits are good. Vacation/sick/personal time.. and all holidays off. People say the pay isn't enough. .let me just say this. While we do a lot and it could be a bit more. PCA pays well compared to other places. I know that from interviewing with other places. I have a great supervisor who doesn't micro manage and is very helpful. She critics when she needs to but she isn't rude about it. I'm lucky and I mean that in the most literal way. I likely would have quit if I had some other supervisors. Overall I'm proud to be apart to the PCA family. It's a great environment. My co workers are awesome and parking is provided. The work you do is so rewarding ..it is great experience.

Cons

I've been at PCA for 3 years. I have a love hate relationship with the company mostly due to management and the constant changes but I guess that is what comes with the territory. It's very different depending on who your manager and assistance director are...some are competent and some aren't. Some show favoritism or blacklist you if you have a opinion that doesn't match there's. There isn't much room for growth.you can become a supervisor but again if your name isn't tarnished already. Other than that there isn't much else..some of the upper management have been there for decades too so opportunities don't come up that often. Units. .. I have a quota I have to meet daily..it's annoying it takes away from tell time that could be committed to being detailed with some activities but if you need to get units you can't focus on things that aren't billable. It really is a problem but I see it isn't going anywhere so.

Philadelphia Corporation for Aging Response

July 21, 2017Recruiter

We are so glad there are so many things that make working at PCA a great place. We do acknowledge that there is always room for improvement. We understand that it is frustrating for social workers to do billing. Unfortunately this is a mandated procedure over which PCA has no control. PCA has initiated a Cultural Change Task Force that includes employees from all departments and all levels to better understand how we can continue to improve the communication and environment of the company.

"Biased, sometimes non caring management, great if you are quiet and don't make waves and generally good job security."

Former Employee - Care Manager I in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Philadelphia Corporation for Aging full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great benefits, vacation, holidays, training, a lot of friendly people, respect for your personal time. You are doing important work to help the elderly in Philadelphia. Some fun events with free meals, and some great committees. Generally good job security for most. A decent job if you have a good supervisor. You will learn a lot here.

Cons

If you have a lousy supervisor, can be miserable. Upper management won't support you. If you're an outspoken advocate, you can be blacklisted. They prefer people who are quiet and tow the line. There have been a lot of issues with the budget due to the state, so there is a great deal of stress for many, especially in the care management department which is now called service technicians. There are a lot of biases and gossip from upper management, many who have been there a long time and aren't interested in fresh, new ideas. Some supervisors have poor supervisor skills and are micromanagers. Some are excellent- it's luck of the draw.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 5 reviews