Philip Morris International Brand Manager Reviews

1. "Best of the best"

4.0
    Former Employee - Brand Management

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Working with the best of the best in the manufacturing industry (and other global industries) keeps you aiming for your best as well. Great benefits and pay.

Cons

Little work-life balance. Depending on the management, there can be a lot of office politics. Always be ready to move if you want to progress in your career.

June 26, 2020Philip Morris International

Hello, thank you for your positive review! We are happy that you enjoyed your experience and the benefits of working at PMI. Our people are indeed our greatest asset, and we want to ensure we can provide them with a positive work environment and career development. We are also very happy that you would recommend us to your peers! Nonetheless, we take into consideration your comment regarding the work-life balance and politics. At Philip Morris, our aim is to ensure that every voice is heard, so we take your comments very seriously and thank you for your honesty. We wish you all the best for your future career! Why not follow us on social media @insidepmi?

2. "Great company to grow your profesional and personal"

Current Employee - Senior Brand Manager in Jakarta

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Clear career path, good package, inspiring vision.

Cons

Long layer of approval and business process

July 2, 2020Philip Morris International

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5-star review! Our people are our strongest asset, we care about their well-being and work very hard to give them the best possible work environment, so we are very happy to hear that you are enjoying PMI benefits, that you have a clear career path and that you are inspired by our transformation and vision! We are also glad that you would recommend us to your peers and have an overall positive outlook in our Jakarta offices. We take good note of your comment regarding, layer of approval and business process. We understand that our industry is a challenging one to work in especially during this transition time. Once again, thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We wish you the best of luck with your future at PMI and why don't you stay updated by following us on social media @InsidePMI.

"Philip Morris +-"

Former Employee - Assistant Brand Manager in Stockholm, Stockholm

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fairly diverse teams and growth possibilities are high so it the pay and rewards.

Cons

Locked team and hard integration process due to the cultural differences. The flat hierarchy which means decision making takes time.

Continue reading

March 9, 2020Philip Morris International

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are glad to read you have enjoyed the benefits of working at PMI, for over 3 years. We are happy that you enjoyed the diverse teams and growth possibilities. However, we are truly sorry to hear you would not recommend to your peers and that you experienced that a flat hierarchy can sometimes make decision-making last. At Philip Morris, our aim is to ensure that every voice is heard, so we take your comments very seriously and thank you for your honesty. We wish you continued success in the future and thanks again for taking the time to leave us a review. Why not follow us on social media @insidepmi to stay up-to-date on our latest news.

4. "Idel start for my career"

Former Intern - Brand Communication in Athens

I worked at Philip Morris International for less than a year

Pros

Really good collaboration with your colleagues and your team.

Cons

PMI is a multinational company and sometimes you have to face a lot of bureaucracy.

5. "Brand Management Associate for the largest kretek cigarettes in Indonesia"

Current Employee - Brand Associate in Jakarta
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Manage appraisal performance based on merit, inclusive working environment, currently applying fast forward transformation working method

Cons

Strict regulation on tobacco industry

September 25, 2019Philip Morris International

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that your career progression benefited from the managerial style and inclusive working environment. However, we're sorry to hear that you feel there are strict regulations within the company. The industry we operate in requires us to comply with local regulations and as PMI is currently undergoing a significant and exciting transformation - this comes with many challenges, however, we are committed to pushing towards a smoke-free future. Thank you again for your feedback.

"Good opportunities for growth"

Former Employee - Brand Marketing Specialist

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Professional management and good opportunities for growth.

Cons

The tobacco market declines every year.

September 25, 2019Philip Morris International

Hi, thank you for the high score rating! We are very happy to see you enjoyed the time with our company, and appreciated the development and growth opportunities we offer. We strive to give our people every opportunity to do the best work they can, find innovative solutions to problems, and achieve new levels of personal development. Once again thank you for your positive review and stay tuned by following us on Social Media @InsidePMI!

7. "Positive Atmosphere"

Former Employee - Marketing/Brand Ambassador in Beirut

I worked at Philip Morris International part-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary, Employees, Friendly, Positive, Free Time

Cons

Culture, Values, Tobacco, Ethics, Top down

September 25, 2019Philip Morris International

Hello and thank you very much for rating us with five stars! We are glad to hear you enjoyed the benefits our company offers such as remuneration, a healthy work-life balance and a positive and friendly environment. We understand your concern about tobacco, for the first time in our history we are able to provide alternatives for those who wish to quit. We’ve even made it our core business strategy to replace cigarettes as quickly as possible with smoke-free alternatives! Thanks again for your feedback and we wish you all the best for your future. Why not follow us on @InsidePMI

"Great Company to learn and develop"

Former Employee - Senior Brand Manager in Buenos Aires
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good compensation package plus a few other perks Lots of positions in Switzerland Good work/life balance in certain functions

Cons

Questionable top management decisions lately Culture of talking but not doing

May 23, 2019Centralized Community Management

Hi, thank you very much for your review! We are pleased to hear that you would recommend us to your friends and that you have been delighted with the benefits as well as the good work-life balance we strive to offer to our employees. Through our new operating model we now encourage more bottom up information streams and we invite our managers to lead by example. Our emphasis is upon a collaborative environment, one where people work with colleagues around the world and from differing functions to find the best solution. Best of luck for your future career!

9. "Great experience"

Former Employee - Assistant Brand Manager in Bogotá, Bogota

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good working environment + good salary

Cons

Too much bureaucracy which limits the innovation

May 23, 2019Centralized Community Management

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry you perceived the environment as too much bureaucratic, but we appreciate you mentioned the environment and competitive salary provided by our company. We wish you the best of luck for your future career!

10. "One of the best Companies to work for..!"

Former Employee - Brand Manager in Tirana

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Vision - Culture - Environment - Colleagues - Benefits

Cons

You really need to work hard, but it's worth it. At the end you get highly rewarded.

Continue reading

February 8, 2019Centralized Community Management

Hi! Thank you so much for this positive feedback and for rating us with 5 stars. We are thrilled that you have enjoyed your time at PMI and that you have appreciated all aspects of our company. We are also happy that you would recommend us to a friend! We wish you good luck in your future career and thank you once again for leaving us a review!

Found 37 reviews