Philip Morris International Director Reviews

André Calantzopoulos

"Great company"

Former Employee - Executive Director

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good development and opportunities to grow.

Cons

Yearly appraisal process for salary and bonus reviews needs to be improved. A misguided and poorly implemented forced distribution system leads to a lack of correlation between true merit and reward.

Centralized Community Management

Hello, thank you for sharing your review with us. We are glad to read that you enjoyed PMI's environment and defined it as a great place to develop career paths. Also, we would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your commitment with us through the years. Thanks once again for sharing your thoughts and the positive score. We wish you all the best in your future career!

2. "Very good company"

Former Employee - IT Manager in Medellín, Antioquia

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time

Pros

very open company with good Diversity and inclusion

Cons

It is required to spend extra hours constantly to finish assigned job

"Toxic culture and working environment"

1.0
    Former Employee - Senior Director in Lausanne

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay and fancy building

Cons

Toxic culture, no receptive to the new ideas. The top management team is known for its exclusion, biased, and close-mindedness. The leadership team does not encourage open communication at all.

Philip Morris International

Hello, thanks for your feedback. We’re glad that you’ve acknowledged a variety of company benefits such as remuneration and office space of your affiliate in Lausanne. However, we are sadden that you had a negative outlook of your experience at PMI. We try to create a strong management team that will inspire people and lead to successful change, so we are truly sorry to hear your comments regarding leadership, close-mindedness and toxic culture. At Philip Morris, our aim is to ensure that every voice is heard, so we take your comments very seriously and thank you for your honesty. We wish you continued success in the future and thanks again for taking the time to leave us a review.

"Historic company attempting to change its entire business model"

Former Employee - Director of Strategic Partnerships in New York, NY

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is an historic moment to be a part of this company.

Cons

Change is difficult anywhere and particularly challenging here.

Philip Morris International

Hi there! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We are truly sorry to hear that you are not happy with your overall experience working at PMI in the New York offices. We are indeed in the midst of a historic transformation and we are happy to hear that you are aligned with it. During periods of transformation, it is a very exciting period but it does indeed come together with some uncertainties, we try to create a strong management team that will inspire people and creates a successful change. Our aim is to ensure that every voice is heard, so we take your comments seriously and thank you for your honesty.

"Poor Vision"

Current Employee - IT Manager

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great atmosphere and conditions to work

Cons

Poor strategy moving forward which demotivates people

Philip Morris International

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad that you have enjoyed the company benefits such as the great atmosphere and the working conditions, for over 8 years now. However, we're sorry to read that you would no longer recommend PMI and that you feel there was poor strategic management. As you know, we are currently going through a massive transformation, it's an opportunity to get involved in internal discussions as well. At Philip Morris, our aim is to ensure that every voice is heard, so we take your comments very seriously and thank you for your honesty. Thank you again for taking the time to leave us a review.

"Stay Away!"

Former Employee - Director in Lausanne

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great Pay, good people, nice offices, good perks

Cons

Bad Leadership, Poor Direction, Slow, Political, Under Utilize of Staff

"Company Review"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time

Pros

Great benefits and flexibility to work from home

Cons

The HR department and leadership is completely outdated

Philip Morris International

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It's good to hear that you're satisfied with the benefits offered by the company. However, we are sorry to hear you feel that the leadership and HR department are outdated. At Philip Morris, our aim is to ensure that every voice is heard, so we take your comments very seriously and thank you for your honesty. We invite you to speak to your line manager whenever you need to discuss any issues and wish you continued success at Philip Morris.

8. "CTO"

5.0
    Former Employee - Chief Technology Officer in New York, NY

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time

Pros

Awesome place to work forever and ever

Cons

Nothing awesome place to work for ever

Philip Morris International

Hi, it's great to see that you enjoyed your time at PMI and we appreciate such a positive review. We wish you the very best for the future and to stay in touch with our news why not follow us on social media @InsidePMI Thanks again for sharing your views.

9. "Excellent company"

5.0
    Former Employee - Key Account Manager in Buenos Aires

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing changes are ahead. Pay is great. People are true to the company.

Cons

Nature of business and losing traction.

Philip Morris International

Hello, thank you for leaving us a review and for your positive score. We are glad to read you enjoyed the working environment and were satisfied with the salary However, we are sad to read that you feel the work environment was intense. With our current business transformation things are moving fast and to make such a shift requires all of us to work together to make our vision a reality. Thanks again for your feedback and we wish you the very best in the future.

10. "Supply Chain Executive"

Current Employee - Supply Chain Executive

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Eager for innovative disruptive transformation. Unsmoke the world

Cons

rapid changes not affordable to each character and mindset

Philip Morris International

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are very pleased to see you enjoy working with us and share our passion for our transformation with the goal to reach a smoke-free future! You are right, there are many rapid changes taking place, however, we are committed to providing our employees with all the support they need during our transformation and offer a range of possible working solutions. We encourage you to talk to your line manager or HR manager about these issues and thanks again for your positive feedback. Stay tuned by following us on Social Media @InsidePMI for more about Unsmoke.

Found 56 reviews