Philip Morris International Financial Analyst Reviews

Updated 18 Jul 2020

3.9
Philip Morris International Chief Executive Officer André Calantzopoulos
André Calantzopoulos
  1. "Excellent company, best culture I have experienced so far"

Former Intern - Financial Analyst in Perth, Western Australia

I worked at Philip Morris International for less than a year

Pros

-Great internal development -In-depth performance schedules -Work-life balance -Social events every Friday (even in-office towards 4pm)

Cons

-Stigma of industry -Constant changes to business model with new tech.

2. "."

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Rome

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time

Pros

Good environment and high salary

Cons

High competition and too many changes

August 4, 2020Philip Morris International

Hello and thank you for leaving us a positive review and for your feedback. We are happy that you are enjoying your experience with PMI in Rome, and you have a positive outlook! Our people are our strongest asset, we care about their well-being and work very hard to give them the best possible work environment. As such, we are glad that you enjoy the work environment and the benefits such as salary. We take good note of your comment about high competition and change. We are indeed in the midst of a historic transformation. It is a very exciting period but it does indeed come together with some uncertainties. Thank you for recommending us to your peers and for your time to write a review! We wish you the best of luck with your future at PMI and why don't you stay updated by following us on social media @insidePMI.

3. "Respectful and meritocracy based organization"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Madrid

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Respectful, promotes merit and performance based growth. International assignments opportunities.

Cons

High workload and unclear R&R sometimes

June 2, 2020Philip Morris International

Hello and thank you for leaving us a positive review and for your feedback. We are happy that you are enjoying your experience with PMI in Madrid, for over 5 years! Our people are our strongest asset, we care about their well-being and work very hard to give them the best possible work environment. As such, we are glad that you feel respected, valued and have had the opportunity for international assignments. We take good note regarding your comment about workload, and we invite you to discuss this with your line manager or your HR contact person. We thank you again for your time to write a review. Why not follow us on social media @insidepmi to stay up-to-date on our latest news.

4. "A good company. You can build your career in this company."

Former Employee - Financial Reporting Analyst in Taguig

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Meritocracy, High compensation and Competitive environment

Cons

Overtime, the company selling cigarettes that are harmful to our health.

November 6, 2019Philip Morris International

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We’re happy to see your overall satisfaction about the company and the benefits it suggested you within the time you’ve been working with us. It’s great to know you’d recommend our organization to your friends too. However, we’re sorry to hear about your overtime. Providing our people with the opportunity to balance their commitments is something we’re increasingly working towards, providing options like the possibility to work remotely, compress the working week, work part-time or take an unpaid leave. Thank you again for your comment. Also, might as well you’d like to keep up to date with what we do by following us @InsidePMI

5. "Good for a start"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Brussels

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time

Pros

Great culture, smart management, multicultural

Cons

Low salary, production contraction, no career growth opportunities

November 15, 2019Philip Morris International

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're very happy to read you were satisfied with the multicultural atmosphere at PMI. We pride ourselves in the diversity at PMI as well as creating a great working culture for our employees - we believe this is one of the most important things our employees can rely on, to achieve their goals and deliver our company objectives. We are sorry however to hear you felt there were no career growth opportunities, this is usually an area that we do well in but thank you for your feedback and your honesty and we wish you the best in the future.

6. "Financial control"

Current Employee - Financial Controller in Lausanne

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time

Pros

Great company, very international, amazing learning opportunities

Cons

if you want to grow you need to put in the effort and long hours.

September 25, 2019Philip Morris International

Hi and thank you for your review. We're happy to hear that you've enjoyed your time working with us. At PMI we pride ourselves on being a company that encourages employees to learn and develop in order to reach their full potential. We regret to hear that you felt you needed to work longer hours. Some of the flexible working arrangements options are now available in many of our affiliates including Lausanne, please speak with your HR or line manager to learn more. Thank you once again for your feedback.

7. "Solid Company"

Current Employee - Accounts Receivable Accountant in Cape Town

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very strong community ties and believes in uplifting various areas. Good benefits and salary is generally above market. Team work is encouraged.

Cons

People are not always rated for salary increases according to job performance but according to how much your supervisor likes you and liking is usually rated whether you are part of the "click". Very clicky and not all are welcome here. Team work is encouraged however the supervisors tend to take all the recognition and only offer criticism. A select few are also earmarked for promotions and the rest are forced to either stay in their original roles or forced to resign to ensure their own advancement. I was told that I was not employed for a different job, but I was welcome to look for another job.

November 6, 2018Centralized Community Management

We’re sorry that you feel a lack of recognition. Your achievements matter. We believe that excellence should be recognized, celebrated and rewarded. We foster a culture of ongoing day to day recognition. A simple ‘thank you’ or ‘a great job’ can be one of the most meaningful form of recognition. Our PMI Award Programs recognize those employees who have truly made a difference. In addition our recognition program is designed to reward innovative and significant contributions to the business from an individual or team, as well as outstanding leadership qualities. We invite you to sit down with your Line Manager or HR Manager and share your thoughts and needs with them. Speaking up and reporting inappropriate behavior is highly valued in our company.

8. "PMI"

Current Employee - Manager Financial Planning & Business Development in Istanbul
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good compensation, a lot of responsibility

Cons

No proper career planning and advancement opportunity

9. "PMI Indonesia"

Accountant in Surabaya, East Java
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Philip Morris International

Pros

Highly professional, strong compliance, good work-life balance.

Cons

Unpaid overtime, high level of seniority, too political.

10. "Overall good conditions"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Lausanne

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for less than a year

Pros

. Very good conditions with gym, good restaurants, nice office . Competent work force with top professionals, opportunity to learn from them , Flexible hours . Frequently engaging in challenging business trips

Cons

. Political environment . Although improving, aversion to risk and failure

Found 29 reviews