Philip Morris International Gerente Reviews

Philip Morris International Chief Executive Officer André Calantzopoulos
André Calantzopoulos
  1. "Project Manager"

Current Employee - IS Project Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great salary and benefits,(car, health insurance, on-site gym, flexible working conditions). They invest in your development Great travel opportunities

Cons

Limited career opportunities unless internationally mobile ( in melbourne) A bit boring!!

2. "Philip Morris Territory Manager role"

Current Contractor - Territory Sales Manager in Adelaide

I have been working at Philip Morris International for less than a year

Pros

Attractive salary, company car, and credit card. Opportunity to work independently with flexible work hours. Competitive environment and opportunities to flex your people management skills

Cons

A lot of micromanagement from area managers

"An eye opening experience"

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Brisbane

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great people, most of my 9 year career was really great. Always changing, great autonomy, pays well, good perks, and events.

Cons

You’ll learn to stop asking “why?”. Most of the time nothing makes any sense, a lot of the activities that engage most of your time, don’t actually relate to your KPI’s. Bi annual performance reviews are highly subjective, decided behind closed doors, and don’t change regardless of the body of evidence you can produce to support your case.

"Territory Manager"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work culture, good perks, e.g. work travel.

Cons

Declining market, poor strategy from head office.

Continue reading

"This is your career in tobacco"

2.0
    Former Employee - Middle Manager in Melbourne

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

No real accountability across middle and senior management.

Cons

Far too much political performance measurement. Make the most noise and you will move forward.

November 8, 2016

Hello, thank you for leaving a review on our Glassdoor page. We’re sorry that you felt your time with us was undermined by a political environment. Our commitment to our teams is to offer ongoing development opportunities. So we encourage them to seize every chance - that’s how they progress their careers. However, we do this within a collaborative atmosphere too, because it’s only by working together that everyone can succeed. Thanks for your comments!

6. "Intense learning company"

Current Employee - Production Manager in Kharkiv
    No Opinion of CEO

Pros

A lot of learning possibilities

Cons

A lot of work - work-life balance could suffer

7. "Good company to work for"

Former Employee - Finance Manager in Lausanne

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time

Pros

Good benefits, work environment, culture, learning, ethic, opportunities

Cons

Constant change and Headcount reduction (re-allocated to other country....)

8. COVID-19

"An inclusive company with great infrastructure for high performers"

Current Employee - Manager in Kuala Lumpur

Pros

Inclusive policies for people of all backgrounds. A wealth of resources provided for new and long serving staff professional & personal growth. Policies and best practice guidance put in place to ensure integrity. Most of all - courageous leaders that put safety & wellbeing of staff above all else in COVID-19 time.

Cons

A high performance company with a bold vision set on smoke free products. This requires great determination and commitment from all staff - not for the faint hearted!

August 4, 2020Philip Morris International

Hi there, and thank you for leaving us such a positive review. Firstly, we are very glad to hear you feel there is a positive outlook within the company and that you are aligned with our diverse and inclusive vision. This is something we strive to implement throughout all departments. We are also happy to read you experience has led you to develop personally. During periods of transformation, it is true that there are many uncertainties, we try to create a strong management team that will inspire people and creates a successful change. We are happy to read that you are aligned with our transformation and motivated to be part of a better future. Thank you again for taking the time to leave us a review! Why not follow us on social media @insidePMI to stay up-to-date on our latest news.

9. "Great place to work lots to learn"

Current Employee - Digital Manager in Lausanne
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

great place to learn and evolve

Cons

hard deadlines to , complex bureaucracy,

July 20, 2020Philip Morris International

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, much appreciated! Firstly, it's great to hear you are enjoying your work experience at PMI, and that you are having the opportunity to learn and grow with us. Our people are our greatest asset, and we want to ensure we can provide them with a positive work environment. We are also glad to read that you would recommend us to your peers. We take good note regarding your comment about hard deadlines and complex bureaucracy, and we invite you to discuss this with your line manager or your HR contact person if needed. We thank you again for your time to write a review. Why not follow us on social media @insidePMI to stay up-to-date on our latest news.

10. "They don't appreciate their retail staff as they deserve"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in London, England

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent salary and overtime is paid as well.

Cons

As the IQOS store is the heart of this business they focus on the wrong thing instead of taking care of their retail staff. That's why a lot of the great employees left. The management in the PMI office is hard to please and no matter what you do you never feel good enough.

July 20, 2020Philip Morris International

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad to read that you enjoyed the company benefits, such as the salary and overtime pay. However, we are truly sorry to hear you are not happy with the support received as retail staff and that you were not happy with the management style in London. We strive to create the best working environment and are sorry to hear you felt this way. Furthermore, we are sadden that you would not recommend us to your peers. Our aim is to ensure that every voice is heard, so we take your comments very seriously. We wish you continued success in the future and thanks again for taking the time to leave us a review.

Found 202 reviews