Philip Morris International Reviews

3.9
Philip Morris International Chief Executive Officer André Calantzopoulos
André Calantzopoulos
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "A very good employer"

5.0
    Current Employee - Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A company that cares for its people and looks after them with interesting work, good careers, above market salaries, and excellent (though slowly dwindling) additional benefits.

Cons

Working in a declining industry is tough. Redundancies are now a fact of life at Philip Morris.

2. "PML Review"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good Pay and Benefits such as Medical

Cons

Kept complicating strategies and processes

3. "A company of an era that doesn’t exist anymore."

Former Employee - Territory Manager
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time

Pros

Pay, benefits, training, external customers

Cons

People, external reputation, poor people and culture frameworks.

4. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Assistant Brand Manager in Melbourne

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Culture - Pay - Challenging industry - Perks of the role - Great team culture

Cons

- Large amounts of restructuring and redundancies

December 31, 2020Philip Morris International

Hello and thank you for your time in leaving us a review and feedback. We're happy that you were able to profit from PMI’s benefits at our Melbourne offices, that you enjoyed the culture, salary and experience of working in the industry. We try to create a strong management team that will inspire people and lead to successful change, so we are truly sorry to hear you have a negative outlook of your experience and that you would not recommend us to your peers. We take good note of your comment regarding change and restructuring. During periods of transformation, it is a very exciting period but it does indeed come together with some uncertainties, we try to create a strong management team that will inspire people and creates a successful change. At Philip Morris, our aim is to ensure that every voice is heard, so we take your comments very seriously and thank you for your honesty. Thank you again for taking the time to leave us a review.

5. "Overall experience"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time

Pros

Innovative and open minded environment.

Cons

Biased and poor leadership management.

6. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Commercial Data Analyst in Melbourne

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time

Pros

Flexible working arrangements great salary structure great office location

Cons

Restructure due to dying industry in Australia due to all the regulations re Tobacco

December 31, 2020Philip Morris International

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review — much appreciated! We're happy that you have a positive outlook of your experience with us at our Melbourne offices and that you are enjoying PMI’s benefits such as salary, office location and the flexible work. This is one of our main goals throughout every department. Nonetheless, we take into consideration your comment regarding restructuring. During periods of transformation, we understand that it does indeed come with some uncertainties, we try to create a strong management team that will inspire people and creates a successful change. Thank you for recommending us to your peers and for taking the time to leave us a review! We wish you continued success at PMI and why not follow us on social media @insidePMI to stay up-to-date on our latest news.

7. "Great in general, skewed towards commercial and very political"

Former Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Melbourne
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time

Pros

Good wages, generally good environment, solid investment in employees.

Cons

Very political. Non Commercial roles tend to be overlooked.

December 4, 2020Philip Morris International

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review — much appreciated! We're happy that you have a positive outlook of your experience with us at our Melbourne offices and that you were able to profit from PMI’s benefits like salary and the work environment. Nonetheless, we take into consideration your comment regarding treatment of non-commercial roles and the political environment. We strive to create a fair environment and are sorry to hear you felt this way. Thank you for recommending us to your peers and for taking the time to leave us a review! We wish you continued success in the future and why not follow us on social media @insidePMI to stay up-to-date on our latest news and career opportunities.

8. "Good peaks, toxic environment and management"

2.0
    Former Employee - Analyst in Melbourne

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great peaks, free parking and healthcare

Cons

Tenure is rewarded, so managers that have been with company for 10+ years become seniors, with little real experience or business acumen. Unable to plan or execute business strategies, very reactive.

October 22, 2020Philip Morris International

Hi there! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad to read you enjoyed the perks of working with us such as, free parking and healthcare. Nonetheless, we are truly sorry to hear that you are not happy with your overall experience at PMI and with the management at our Melbourne offices. During periods of transformation, it is a very exciting period but it does indeed come together with some uncertainties, we try to create a strong management team that will inspire people and creates a successful change, so we are sorry you were not satisfied with your experience. Our aim is to ensure that every voice is heard, so we take your comments seriously and thank you for your honesty.

9. "Good company to work"

Former Employee - Business Analyst

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time

Pros

Good work life balance, good salary, relocation opportunities

Cons

Adding social value, improvement, fulfilment

February 7, 2020Philip Morris International

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad that you enjoyed the company and that you feel you were able to maintain a good work-life balance, and benefit from a good salary and relocation opportunities. This is part of the company culture we strive to achieve. However, we are sorry to hear you feel that your time with us did not add as much social value and fulfillment as you expected. Furthermore, it's great to see that you would recommend us. Why not follow us on social media @insidePMI to stay tuned! :) We thank you again for your time and wish you all the best!

10. "Good perks, good people. Cost cutting"

Current Employee - Internal Controls in Melbourne

Pros

Good healthcare, facilities, parking and flexible working options

Cons

Significantly downsizing and cost cutting

September 25, 2019Philip Morris International

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Philip Morris Australia. We’re glad that overall your experience at Philip Morris Australia is a positive one and that you are happy about the healthcare, facilities, parking and flexible working options. Thanks again for your review!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,332 English Reviews