Philip Morris International Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

3.8
Philip Morris International CEO André Calantzopoulos
André Calantzopoulos
  1. Featured Review

"Never looked back since I joined the company 20 years ago"

Current Employee - Manager PMO in Kuala Lumpur

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

1. Unlimited opportunities for growth and development, as long as you are open to it. 2. Great compensation and benefits. 3. Clear vision and mission of the company, leading transformation in a holistic manner. Since it's Transformation journey, it has turned my job into something purposeful.

Cons

1. Need to be resilient and agile to adapt to the on-going fast paced changes and ambiguity, in the midst of transformation. 2. Long working hours at times, but purposeful. 3. Continuous self-drive needed to upkeep ourselves with new information and take ownership of self-development. Plenty of platforms, opportunities and information available - need to find time and discipline.

Advice to Management

Continue to actively engage with employees at all levels and maintain the team spirit, despite the challenges to drive and lead transformation. Love all the new initiatives on Project Based Working, People Engagement and Development - platforms that ensures we continue to invest in our best asset - our people.

Philip Morris International2019-09-05

October 2, 2019Philip Morris International

Hi there! Firstly, we’re extremely proud to be the company you've dedicated 20 years of your career to. Secondly, it’s great to know that you're enjoying the unlimited opportunities for growth and development and the great benefit packages that we offer. Nevertheless we understand your concerns around working hours and the need to be self-motivated when learning about the company - we will take this feedback into consideration. In relation to the working hours, here at PMI we openly and actively promote a healthy work-life balance through our FLEXability work program, which allows PMI employees to design their own work schedules to suit their work-life balance needs. That being said, we encourage you to talk to your line manager on how this could be improved and thank you again for leaving us such a thoughtful review. Why not stay up to date with our news on social media @InsidePMI

2. "Great Internship, great people!"

I worked at Philip Morris International

Pros

Great work environment, the multiple business areas cohesively work together to reach company objectives. Interesting work and much to be learnt.

Cons

Need younger people within the organisation.

Philip Morris International2015-04-19
  3. "Good perks, good people. Cost cutting"

Current Employee - Internal Controls in Melbourne

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good healthcare, facilities, parking and flexible working options

Cons

Significantly downsizing and cost cutting

Philip Morris International2019-08-27

September 25, 2019Philip Morris International

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Philip Morris Australia. We’re glad that overall your experience at Philip Morris Australia is a positive one and that you are happy about the healthcare, facilities, parking and flexible working options. Thanks again for your review!

4. "Great opportunity for growth within organisation, poor leadership structure"

Former Employee - Analyst in Melbourne

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great opportunity for growth within organisation and work life balance

Cons

Leadership structure doesn't reflect the strengths of employees

Philip Morris International2019-08-11

August 29, 2019Philip Morris International

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your great experience at Philip Morris Australia. Glad to hear that you valued our growth opportunities and work life balance, which we believe are key to delivering on our long-term goals. We always strive to listen to our employees' feedback, regardless of their role in the company. Best of luck in your career!

"Great company"

Former Employee - Executive Director

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good development and opportunities to grow.

Cons

Yearly appraisal process for salary and bonus reviews needs to be improved. A misguided and poorly implemented forced distribution system leads to a lack of correlation between true merit and reward.

Philip Morris International2019-03-30

May 23, 2019Centralized Community Management

Hello, thank you for sharing your review with us. We are glad to read that you enjoyed PMI's environment and defined it as a great place to develop career paths. Also, we would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your commitment with us through the years. Thanks once again for sharing your thoughts and the positive score. We wish you all the best in your future career!

"Area Manager"

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time

Pros

Great brands & people in what is a tough industry. Employees who deliver are well rewarded with a career & remuneration Strong focus on personal development for current & future rolls

Cons

Strategically poor at times - competitors flourishing Some roles are subjectively assessed - line manager skill & experience is too influential. Process often gets in the way of opportunity - red tape

Philip Morris International2018-04-17

"An eye opening experience"

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Brisbane

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great people, most of my 9 year career was really great. Always changing, great autonomy, pays well, good perks, and events.

Cons

You’ll learn to stop asking “why?”. Most of the time nothing makes any sense, a lot of the activities that engage most of your time, don’t actually relate to your KPI’s. Bi annual performance reviews are highly subjective, decided behind closed doors, and don’t change regardless of the body of evidence you can produce to support your case.

Advice to Management

You’ll never beat your opposition, while you remain so reactive

Philip Morris International2018-04-15

"Territory Manager"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work culture, good perks, e.g. work travel.

Cons

Declining market, poor strategy from head office.

Advice to Management

Focus on the customer

Philip Morris International2017-11-21
  9. "Technical Business Analyst"

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time

Pros

Excellent personal development , excellence staff

Cons

They retrenched the whole AU IT Service Centre, degrading their Asia Pacific services

Advice to Management

Dont outsource too much!

Philip Morris International2017-07-15
  10. "Great organisation"

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some of the best perks, including health insurance

Cons

Current business environment not conducive for the organisation

Philip Morris International2017-07-17

September 26, 2017

Hi there, Thank you for leaving a review. We’re sorry to hear you didn’t like our current business position. It’s the personality and passion of our people that makes every day different at PMI. The work we do can be quite demanding - we move fast and seize opportunities - but we love doing it in a fun and rewarding environment.

Found 1489 reviews