Philip Morris International Reviews

Philip Morris International Chief Executive Officer André Calantzopoulos
André Calantzopoulos

"Area Manager"

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time

Pros

Great brands & people in what is a tough industry. Employees who deliver are well rewarded with a career & remuneration Strong focus on personal development for current & future rolls

Cons

Strategically poor at times - competitors flourishing Some roles are subjectively assessed - line manager skill & experience is too influential. Process often gets in the way of opportunity - red tape

2. "Great Internship, great people!"

I worked at Philip Morris International

Pros

Great work environment, the multiple business areas cohesively work together to reach company objectives. Interesting work and much to be learnt.

Cons

Need younger people within the organisation.

3. "Great company but sadly cutting costs"

Former Employee - Senior Technical Analyst in Melbourne

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Global, great people, serious about work-life balance. Travel to exotic places but not too much as well.

Cons

Lots of bureaucracy. Career progressions can be slow as people tend to stay for a long time. 15-20 yrs managers are common.

Continue reading
  4. "Global IS - Great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Huge variety of work - no two months are the same Lots of opportunity to develop Great training budget You will work hard A company whose management actually communicates what's going on Make contacts all over the world - a very mind-opening experience Treats people as people, not just numbers

Cons

Very limited promotion opportunities - PMI hires the best people, and they tend to stay Used to be great for international assignments, but there are now very few opportunities unless you are already located in Europe (eastern or western) or in one of the lower-cost countries in Asia or Latin America. If you're in a high-cost Asian or Latin country, you won't be going anywhere.

5. "Project Manager"

Current Employee - IS Project Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great salary and benefits,(car, health insurance, on-site gym, flexible working conditions). They invest in your development Great travel opportunities

Cons

Limited career opportunities unless internationally mobile ( in melbourne) A bit boring!!

6. "Good company to work for"

Former Employee - Finance Manager in Lausanne

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time

Pros

Good benefits, work environment, culture, learning, ethic, opportunities

Cons

Constant change and Headcount reduction (re-allocated to other country....)

7. "Key Accounts Manager"

Current Employee - Key Account Manager (KAM) in Riyadh

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Strategic and operational hands-on experience

Cons

Lack of space for drive and innovation

8. COVID-19

"An inclusive company with great infrastructure for high performers"

Current Employee - Manager in Kuala Lumpur

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Inclusive policies for people of all backgrounds. A wealth of resources provided for new and long serving staff professional & personal growth. Policies and best practice guidance put in place to ensure integrity. Most of all - courageous leaders that put safety & wellbeing of staff above all else in COVID-19 time.

Cons

A high performance company with a bold vision set on smoke free products. This requires great determination and commitment from all staff - not for the faint hearted!

August 4, 2020Philip Morris International

Hi there, and thank you for leaving us such a positive review. Firstly, we are very glad to hear you feel there is a positive outlook within the company and that you are aligned with our diverse and inclusive vision. This is something we strive to implement throughout all departments. We are also happy to read you experience has led you to develop personally. During periods of transformation, it is true that there are many uncertainties, we try to create a strong management team that will inspire people and creates a successful change. We are happy to read that you are aligned with our transformation and motivated to be part of a better future. Thank you again for taking the time to leave us a review! Why not follow us on social media @insidePMI to stay up-to-date on our latest news.

9. "Fabulous"

Current Employee - Trademark Paralegal in London, England

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time

Pros

Great international company to work for

Cons

Tobacco company might not ideal for some people

August 4, 2020Philip Morris International

Hi there! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We are very happy to read that you consider us a “great international company to work for”, and that you have a positive outlook of your experience working with us in London. We take good note about your comment regarding our industry and we believe that our transformation and smoke-free mission is an opportunity to overcome this difficulty. Thank you for recommending us to your peers and for taking the time to leave us a review. We wish you all the best for your career at PMI! Why not follow us on social media @insidePMI to stay up-to-date on our latest news?

10. "great place to work"

Current Employee - IT Analyst

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time

Pros

good salary, good opportunities, no pressure

Cons

growth takes time, sometimes political

August 4, 2020Philip Morris International

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5-star review. We are very happy to hear that you are enjoying the opportunities and benefits of working at PMI, such as salary. Our people are our strongest asset, we care about their well-being and work very hard to give them the best possible work environment. Nonetheless, we take into consideration your comment about the political environment. At Philip Morris, our aim is to ensure that every voice is heard, so we take your comments very seriously and thank you for your honesty. Thank you for recommending us to your peers! We wish you all the best for your career at PMI! Why not follow us on social media @insidePMI to stay up-to-date on our latest news?

Found 1117 reviews