Philip Morris International Reviews

Updated 5 Aug 2020

3.9
Philip Morris International Chief Executive Officer André Calantzopoulos
André Calantzopoulos
  1. "Good pay much uncertainty"

Former Employee - Process Lead in Guadalajara, Jalisco

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay Good environment Good Location for manufacturing facility

Cons

Constant change and uncertainty Long hours

2. "Good"

Current Employee - Head of Planning in Hong Kong
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

Tobacco sector can be controversial but they are trying to change

3. "Motivation"

2.0
    Current Employee - PR Specialist in Tokyo

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time

Pros

International atmosphere and great workplace for English speakers

Cons

Difficult to get internal alignment due to diversity

4. COVID-19

"Nightmare"

1.0
    Current Employee - Finance in Kraków

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Salaries are not bad, 9 days of remote working possibility (before covid)

Cons

Ruthless corporation where there is the profit is only important thing, no mercy to the employees. You may not feel it if you do not see it properly. Team leaders, managers are mostly incompetent and fearful. They are chosen according to their good relation with the superiors not related to their skills, competencies or not according to the fact that they deserve it. You can feel like it is a joke if you meet some of them in person. One of those corporations that say "we value our employees" and then they outsource the processes because it is "cheaper" and they kick the people out mercilessly so that they can keep their "profit" higher, many of those people they work there for very long time and they name it transformation. They spend money on PR to show themselves cute to the public instead of supporting their employees which do not earn much Greedy, useless, incompetent management on all levels. No human value in any way, anywhere.

Continue reading
  5. "Unbeatable compensation package compared to the same job in other industries"

Current Employee - Senior Packaging Engineer in Neuchâtel

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Various clubs eg. sailing; fitness; canteens (11-15 CHF menus); family pic-nic; seniority bonus; Health insurance premiums; Bike and public transport contributions; Workplace with fantastic lake view; Educated peers and colleagues

Cons

On going restructuring; Difficult car parking;Too many internal initiatives with lack of discipline to carry them through; no external training/certification opportunities; importance of presentation and networking skills

Continue reading
  6. "Intense learning company"

Current Employee - Production Manager in Kharkiv
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

A lot of learning possibilities

Cons

A lot of work - work-life balance could suffer

7. "Good company to work for"

5.0
    Former Employee - Finance Manager in Lausanne

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time

Pros

Good benefits, work environment, culture, learning, ethic, opportunities

Cons

Constant change and Headcount reduction (re-allocated to other country....)

8. "Key Accounts Manager"

5.0
    Current Employee - Key Account Manager (KAM) in Riyadh

Pros

Strategic and operational hands-on experience

Cons

Lack of space for drive and innovation

9. "."

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Rome

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time

Pros

Good environment and high salary

Cons

High competition and too many changes

Philip Morris International Response

August 4, 2020Philip Morris International

Hello and thank you for leaving us a positive review and for your feedback. We are happy that you are enjoying your experience with PMI in Rome, and you have a positive outlook! Our people are our strongest asset, we care about their well-being and work very hard to give them the best possible work environment. As such, we are glad that you enjoy the work environment and the benefits such as salary. We take good note of your comment about high competition and change. We are indeed in the midst of a historic transformation. It is a very exciting period but it does indeed come together with some uncertainties. Thank you for recommending us to your peers and for your time to write a review! We wish you the best of luck with your future at PMI and why don't you stay updated by following us on social media @insidePMI.

10. "Good company"

Former Employee - Devops Engineer in Kraków

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ability to work from home Well structured company Decent benefits like Educational budget, Sports program, language courses, etc..

Cons

Salary in Krakòw is lower than the market average Changes take a lot of time

Philip Morris International Response

August 4, 2020Philip Morris International

Hi there, and thank you for leaving us a positive review. We’re glad that you have enjoyed a variety of company benefits such as sports programmes, language courses and the flexibility to work from home amongst other perks of your PMI experience in our Karków offices. And that you have a positive outlook of your experience with us! However, we are saddened to read how you felt about the salary and that some changes took too long in your opinion. At Philip Morris, our aim is to ensure that every voice is heard, so we take your comments very seriously and thank you for your honesty. Thank you for recommending us to your peers and for taking the time to leave us a review! Why not follow us on social media @insidePMI to stay up-to-date on our latest news.

Found 1117 reviews