Philip Morris International Employee Reviews about "decision making"

Updated 22 Jun 2020

3.9
Philip Morris International Chief Executive Officer André Calantzopoulos
André Calantzopoulos
Pros
  • "Working environment pleasant for innovative product development in a Pharma settings(in 82 reviews)

• "Good work life balance, good salary, relocation opportunities(in 69 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "decision making"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Experience in a global American company"

Current Employee - Buyer in Stockholm, Stockholm

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time

Pros

- Exposure to global projects - Being part of an international team - English is the company's language (so if you don't speak the local language you can still work) - Income & perks

Cons

- Highly hierarchical (processes that can slow down decision making and daily activities) - Men's world

"Philip Morris +-"

Former Employee - Assistant Brand Manager in Stockholm, Stockholm

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fairly diverse teams and growth possibilities are high so it the pay and rewards.

Cons

Locked team and hard integration process due to the cultural differences. The flat hierarchy which means decision making takes time.

March 9, 2020Philip Morris International

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are glad to read you have enjoyed the benefits of working at PMI, for over 3 years. We are happy that you enjoyed the diverse teams and growth possibilities. However, we are truly sorry to hear you would not recommend to your peers and that you experienced that a flat hierarchy can sometimes make decision-making last. At Philip Morris, our aim is to ensure that every voice is heard, so we take your comments very seriously and thank you for your honesty. We wish you continued success in the future and thanks again for taking the time to leave us a review. Why not follow us on social media @insidepmi to stay up-to-date on our latest news.

"Typical multinational"

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time

Pros

High cash flow for budget spending

Cons

Slow and bad decision making

November 29, 2019Philip Morris International

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Despite the fact that you appreciated the high budget, we're sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the decision-making in the company. We understand that our industry is a challenging one to work in especially during this transition time, and so some decision-making might take time. Should you be facing any doubts or issues, please do not hesitate to go talk to your line manager or your HR contact person. Thank you again for taking the time to leave us a review!

4. "Great Company to work for, a lot of career development"

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Career development, multinational environment, very interesting projects

Cons

Still a bit political.and sometimes lenghthy decision making

September 25, 2019Philip Morris International

Hi, thank you so much for your positive review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed the benefits we offer, such as a diverse work environment and development opportunities. As you may already know, we are in the middle of a huge transformation and some elements of the changes involved in this will take a little time to improve due to the complexity of the industry we work in, but we are nevertheless moving towards our goals. Thank you once again for your positive feedback and for the fact that you are happy to recommend us to your peers! Why not follow us on social media @InsidePMI to stay in touch?

5. "General Managment"

Current Employee - Corporate Manager in Moscow

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

culture, benefits, time to learn

Cons

depending of you boss managment style, a lot of politics, pure decision making

February 8, 2019Centralized Community Management

Hello, thank you for your positive feedback and for your loyalty to PMI! We are glad to hear that you enjoy working with us for over 10 years. The industry in which we operate calls for a certain amount of frameworks and compliance with regulations, but we strive to give our people the opportunity to find innovative solutions to problems, and to achieve new levels of personal development. Thanks again for your review!

"Who's in charge??"

2.0

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good pay, collaborative staff, flexible working hours.

Cons

Too political, very complicated promotion process, Mid-Level managers are powerless, merit increase doesn't reflect reality, poor decision making.

December 6, 2018Centralized Community Management

Hello, thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you feel a lack of recognition. Our people are our greatest strength and their achievements matter. We believe that excellence should be recognized, and rewarded. We foster a culture of ongoing day to day recognition, and our PMI Award Programs recognize those employees who have truly made a difference. We highly recommend you to speak up and share your concerns with your Line Manager of HR Manager. Thank you for sharing your advice to management. Our senior leaders are responsible for driving our business into the future. And this is quite the task! That’s why we develop our managers to be the people that you can turn to. Ultimately though, we’re all working towards the same goal to do the best work that we possibly can.

7. "Contracted Team leader"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Philip Morris International

Pros

- Very generous back office to support your ideas if you prove them to be valid - Start-up environment in some departments (not about your work hours, but about results)

Cons

- Very long decision making process, hierarchy problems. - Not too aware of personalities, people are treated more like functions than persons at some places.

8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buenos Aires

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great place to start and raise in the professional career. Great status quo challenging

Cons

Still too burocratic for decision making

9. "If you are up for it.... good for you!"

Current Employee - Product Development in Lausanne
    No Opinion of CEO

Pros

Unrivaled C&B Promoting diversity Looks good on your CV Gives opportunities

Cons

Project priority and milestones not based on sound decision making but on individuals’ opinions. Highly chaotic environment when R&R are not enforced or defined but individuals are expected to make it work without guidance. If you are not visible you will not get promoted so people fight for visibility. Too many slogans and local initiatives that do not relate together and in the end make no difference to people’s lives eg. MOPD, MVP, End to end, Open+, FFWD, CBN. Workload

10. "Marketing Intern"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Philip Morris International

Pros

Amazing corporate culture Friendly people Salary Company takes care of their people

Cons

Decision making process takes long because of the structure of the company

Found 32 reviews