Philip Morris International Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 24 Jul 2020

3.9
Philip Morris International Chief Executive Officer André Calantzopoulos
André Calantzopoulos
Pros
Cons
  • "A lot of work - work-life balance could suffer(in 112 reviews)

• "Highly hierarchical (processes that can slow down decision making and daily activities)(in 32 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Excellent company, best culture I have experienced so far"

Former Intern - Financial Analyst in Perth, Western Australia

I worked at Philip Morris International for less than a year

Pros

-Great internal development -In-depth performance schedules -Work-life balance -Social events every Friday (even in-office towards 4pm)

Cons

-Stigma of industry -Constant changes to business model with new tech.

Continue reading
  2. "Good company to work"

Former Employee - Business Analyst

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time

Pros

Good work life balance, good salary, relocation opportunities

Cons

Adding social value, improvement, fulfilment

February 7, 2020Philip Morris International

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad that you enjoyed the company and that you feel you were able to maintain a good work-life balance, and benefit from a good salary and relocation opportunities. This is part of the company culture we strive to achieve. However, we are sorry to hear you feel that your time with us did not add as much social value and fulfillment as you expected. Furthermore, it's great to see that you would recommend us. Why not follow us on social media @insidePMI to stay tuned! :) We thank you again for your time and wish you all the best!

3. "Great opportunity for growth within organisation, poor leadership structure"

Former Employee - Analyst in Melbourne

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great opportunity for growth within organisation and work life balance

Cons

Leadership structure doesn't reflect the strengths of employees

August 29, 2019Philip Morris International

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your great experience at Philip Morris Australia. Glad to hear that you valued our growth opportunities and work life balance, which we believe are key to delivering on our long-term goals. We always strive to listen to our employees' feedback, regardless of their role in the company. Best of luck in your career!

"Great people"

1.0
    Account Manager

I worked at Philip Morris International

Pros

Multiple business channels, offer flexibility in career. Interesting work and much to be learnt.

Cons

Wages are low, work life balance is low

5. "Great company but sadly cutting costs"

Former Employee - Senior Technical Analyst in Melbourne

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Global, great people, serious about work-life balance. Travel to exotic places but not too much as well.

Cons

Lots of bureaucracy. Career progressions can be slow as people tend to stay for a long time. 15-20 yrs managers are common.

Continue reading
  6. "Intense learning company"

Current Employee - Production Manager in Kharkiv
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

A lot of learning possibilities

Cons

A lot of work - work-life balance could suffer

7. "Sales supervisor"

Current Employee - Direct Sales Supervisor in Bogotá, Bogota

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work life balance, inclusive company

Cons

Tobacco industry, not focused in consumer

August 4, 2020Philip Morris International

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5-star review! Our people are our strongest asset, we care about their well-being and work very hard to give them the best possible work environment, so we are very happy to hear that you are enjoying PMI benefits, such as working in an inclusive environment with a positive work life balance. We are also glad that you would recommend us to your peers and have an overall positive outlook as Sales Supervisor in Bogota. We take your comment regarding the industry and understand it can be a challenging, we are striving to provide a collaborative surrounding in every sector of the company. Once again, thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We wish you the best of luck with your future at PMI and invite you to stay updated by following us on social media @insidePMI.

8. "The company is very flexible and takes care of the employees"

4.0

Pros

Benefits , variety of the projects, people, salary and flexibility

Cons

Difficult to have work life balance, because of the workload

July 20, 2020Philip Morris International

Hello and thank you for leaving us a positive review! We are very pleased to read that you are enjoying the benefits of working at PMI, such as salary and flexibility and that you are having the opportunity to work on a variety of projects. This is one of our main goals that we aim to achieve within each department across the company. We are also happy that you are enjoying your time working for PMI and would recommend to your peers! We take note of your comment regarding work-life balance and workload. At PMI, one of our aims is ensuring employees well-being, so perhaps this is something you would like to discuss with your supervisor or line manager? We thank you again for your time to write a review. Why not follow us on social media @insidePMI to stay up-to-date on our latest news.

9. "-"

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Saint Petersburg

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for more than a year

Pros

office, projects, salary, colleagues, work-life balance

Cons

career opportunities, training programmes, induction process

July 20, 2020Philip Morris International

Hi there, thank you for taking the time in leaving us a review! We are glad to read that you have a positive outlook of your experience with us in our Saint Petersburg offices and that you would recommend us to your peers! We are also happy to read that you enjoyed the benefits of working at PMI, including salary, work-life balance, office space and the projects themselves. We are, however, sorry that you felt lack of career opportunities and were not satisfied with the training programmes nor the induction process. We strive to create an inclusive environment fostering development and are sorry to hear you felt this way. Once again, thank you for the feedback, and we wish you the best in your future career. Why not follow us on social media @insidePMI to stay up-to-date on our latest news?

10. "Great learning experience"

Former Contractor - Talent Acquisition Specialist

I worked at Philip Morris International

Pros

good salary, professional co-workers, wast opportunity to learn

Cons

challenged work-life balance, "contractor" contracts

July 2, 2020Philip Morris International

Hi there and thank you for leaving us a review. We are glad that you have overall enjoyed your experience at Philip Morris International and that you mention a vast opportunity to learn. Indeed, we focus in providing our people with great career development. However, we are truly sorry to hear you are not happy with the work-life balance and the working hours. We strive to create the best working environment and are sorry to hear you felt this way. Thanks again for your feedback and we wish you all the best in your future career.

Found 174 reviews