Philip Morris International Employee Reviews about "working environment"

Updated 12 May 2020

3.9
Philip Morris International Chief Executive Officer André Calantzopoulos
André Calantzopoulos
Cons

Reviews about "working environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Internship, great people!"

I worked at Philip Morris International

Pros

Great work environment, the multiple business areas cohesively work together to reach company objectives. Interesting work and much to be learnt.

Cons

Need younger people within the organisation.

Philip Morris International2015-04-19
  2. "People are not perceived as the main asset."

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Geneva

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good salaries, nice work environment, facilities.

Cons

Incredible amount of poor manager with close to no managerial skills. Highly political and competitive. Very hard to get promoted, you are quickly put in a box. PMI is a golden cage,you get great compensation and great benefit but that is all. They don't invest in their talent pool but rather fire and hire from outside. When it comes to the entry levels job, it is worse. Be ready to do monkey tasks. Leaders are not inspiring either. The hundreds of levels of hierarchy makes avery process incredibly slow. You surely hear the word "resilient" a lot, here's why. I would not recommend this company.

Philip Morris International2020-05-12

June 2, 2020Philip Morris International

Hi there! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad to read you enjoyed the benefits of working at PMI, benefits including work environment and the salary benefits. We are also happy that you had a positive outlook of your experience working with us, for more than a year. However, we are truly sorry to hear that you feel that you would not recommend us to your peers. We take good note of your comment regarding hierarchy and leadership, we strive to create a fair environment and are sorry to hear you felt this way. At Philip Morris, our aim is to ensure that every voice is heard, so we take your comments very seriously and thank you for your honesty. Thank you again for taking the time to leave us a review.

3. "OK"

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

I worked at Philip Morris International

Pros

Good Working environment, close to the city

Cons

Small market, long term unstability

Philip Morris International2020-03-25
  4. "It has be challenging and a positive experience for my professional career"

I have been working at Philip Morris International

Pros

Good work environment. Gives opportunities to the young to grow.

Cons

Have a lot of changes in the present and now the company has a lot of uncertainty about it future.

Philip Morris International2020-02-14
  5. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - QC Analyst in Bologna

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Attention for the employee Need, Gym in the facility, safety and friendly work environment.

Cons

Sometimes can be stressing work environment,

Philip Morris International2020-01-18
  6. "Highly recommend it"

Current Intern - INKOMPASS in Rome

I have been working at Philip Morris International for less than a year

Pros

The working environment is one of the things I appreciated the most. The people is really inclusive and always ready to help you, or giving you advices, specially when it comes to the People and Culture team. The working hours are flexible and the Supervisor always understands the upcoming needs. The major pro is that you have a great chance to learn and improve yourself.

Cons

Some informations about who does what is not clearly indicated sometimes.

Philip Morris International2019-12-17
  7. "Company"

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time

Pros

Good work environment and friendly people

Cons

Nothing as such to tell about

Philip Morris International2019-12-13

December 23, 2019Philip Morris International

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5-star review! We are very happy to hear that you feel valued in our work environment! Our people are our strongest asset, we care about their well-being and work very hard to give them the best possible work environment. Once again, thank you for taking the time to leave us your review.

8. "Nice environment for a summer internship"

4.0

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time

Pros

Very nice and friendly working environment

Cons

Slightly disorganized work among divisions

Philip Morris International2019-11-11

November 22, 2019Philip Morris International

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us such a positive review, much appreciated! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time at PMI and were able to benefit from the friendly work environment. This is something we aim to achieve across every department within the company. We take your comment regarding the disorganized manner of the work, and we really appreciate your honesty. Thanks again and best of luck to you in the future.

9. "Worth it if you have a good boss"

Former Intern - B2C and Trade in Athens

I worked at Philip Morris International for less than a year

Pros

Good salary Good working environment Good work-life balance

Cons

A lot of people with market experience only and not a descent degree join the office when they exceed a certain age. As a result they are not professionals and as efficient as they should.

Philip Morris International2019-11-11

December 14, 2019Philip Morris International

Hello, thanks for your feedback. We’re glad that you have enjoyed a variety of company benefits such as remuneration, work-life balance and other perks of your PMI Internship in Athens. However, we are saddened to hear how you feel about the management, as our aim is to create a vibrant, diverse and inclusive environment across our whole organization. Once again, thank you for taking the time to leave us your review.

10. "very good experience"

4.0
    Former Intern - Internship

I worked at Philip Morris International for more than a year

Pros

Grat working environment, good salary.

Cons

Tobacco business is facing a revolution with the new heated tobacco products. Has a negative impact on the factories that produce conventional cigarettes, like Portugal.

Philip Morris International2019-10-23

December 2, 2019Philip Morris International

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, it's much appreciated. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time at PMI as an intern, and were able to enjoy from the friendly work environment and salary benefits. This is something we aim to achieve across every department within the company. Our transformation leads to many rapid and impactful changes, as we convert factories to produce smoke-free products, however, we are committed to providing our employees with all the support they need in this time of transformation and offering the best possible working solutions. Thanks again for your positive review and we wish you the best of luck for the future.

Found 81 reviews