Philip Morris International Employee Reviews about "working environment"

Updated 12 May 2020

3.9
Philip Morris International Chief Executive Officer André Calantzopoulos
André Calantzopoulos

Reviews about "working environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Work life balance really exists here, at PMI!"

Current Intern - INKOMPASS in Bangkok

I have been working at Philip Morris International for less than a year

Pros

Literally EVERYTHING! The culture, working environment, the way every employees not only the coach trying to help me out throughout the internship, or even the coffee!

Cons

A little bit nervous when the presentation is coming right at the corner

Continue reading
  2. "My experience at Philip Morris"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Cairo

I worked at Philip Morris International for less than a year

Pros

Great working environment. Majority of people are very friendly, welcoming and helpful.

Cons

Some employees did not take me seriously in my experience

3. "Great experience!"

Current Intern - INKOMPASS

I have been working at Philip Morris International

Pros

PMI's vision is great The working environment is really good Everything is focused on the employees welfare

Cons

I could not find any.

4. "Brand Management Associate for the largest kretek cigarettes in Indonesia"

Current Employee - Brand Associate in Jakarta
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Manage appraisal performance based on merit, inclusive working environment, currently applying fast forward transformation working method

Cons

Strict regulation on tobacco industry

September 25, 2019Philip Morris International

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that your career progression benefited from the managerial style and inclusive working environment. However, we're sorry to hear that you feel there are strict regulations within the company. The industry we operate in requires us to comply with local regulations and as PMI is currently undergoing a significant and exciting transformation - this comes with many challenges, however, we are committed to pushing towards a smoke-free future. Thank you again for your feedback.

5. "Between the lines"

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time

Pros

Very nice working environment. Good salary conditions.

Cons

Lack of integration and efficiency between functions

January 24, 2020Philip Morris International

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. Firstly, we are pleased that you enjoy and approve the working environment at PMI as well as the salary conditions. We strive to make sure our staff feel valued and are in the best possible environment for their individual talents to shine through. We’re sorry that you feel there is a lack of integration between teams. This is indeed a challenge in a big company such as ours, but it is a challenge we look forward to facing and overcoming. Thank you again for leaving us a review and we will take your feedback into consideration.

"Good employee and worklife balance"

Current Employee - Area Sales Executive in Kuala Lumpur

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good working environment, decent pay and worklife balance

Cons

Too competitive among peers to achieve next level

August 29, 2019Centralized Community Management

Hi and thanks for your review. It is great to hear you are happy with your work environment and working conditions. Our people are our greatest asset and we really care about their well being. We are sorry to read that you feel a lot of competition with you peers when it comes to reaching the next level. Why not sit down with your line or HR manager to discuss this? We are going through a massive transformation not only as a business but also in our management style, and are working to improve in all aspects. Thanks again for your feedback!

7. "Nice work environment, good colleagues - going through a major transformation"

Former Contractor - Project Analyst in Neuchâtel

I worked at Philip Morris International for more than a year

Pros

work environment, compensation, usually good management

Cons

going through a lot of transformation, many departments are not safe, not clear what the next career step will be

January 24, 2020Philip Morris International

Hi there, thank you for your time in leaving us a review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, that you were happy with our company benefits and the comfortable working environment. However, we are sorry to hear you felt some lack of stability. During periods of transformation, it is true that there are many uncertainties. This is why we aim for full transparency. Thank you again for your feedback! Stay tuned by following us on Social Media @insidePMI. We wish you the best for your future career!

8. "Great teamwork, good employee engagement & result orientation!"

Current Employee - Specialist in Kuala Lumpur
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Overall, the working environment here is very healthy and positive. Team members work well with each other, within & among departments. Everyone is open-minded and high willingness to accept innovative ideas. Every team member is respecting each other and can easily find supports when necessary. Philip Morris Malaysia supports employee growth and development by providing constructive feedback and suggestions along the journey. Company also offered benefits and flexibility that make it easy to find balance. The employees are aligned with the Company's direction where most of the time we have no trouble staying busying and thriving in our work environments and hence our workday goes by quickly. I carry the pride as part of the PM families.

Cons

I have yet to observe any negative scenarios in the organisation. Perhaps a little bit of hyper-competition?

September 25, 2019Philip Morris International

Thank you for a five-star rating! We are glad you found your work environment productive and engaging. At PMI, we pride ourselves on being able to provide continuous growth. We are especially pleased to hear that you are surrounded by a supportive team, we regard this as a great example of teamwork and positive company culture. As for competitiveness we aim to ensure that such behavior remains a balanced part of a healthy working environment to help your individual progression and progression as a team. Thank you very much for sharing your experience and stay tuned by following us on Social Media @InsidePMI!

9. "Experience as an intern in PMI"

Former Intern - Stagiaire D'ingénieur En Automatisme in Neuchâtel

I worked at Philip Morris International for less than a year

Pros

The working environment is great. I met really great people at PMI, the work was interesting. Great employee advantages

Cons

The fact that you are working for the tabacco industry. The rarely hire new employees, often subcontract them through randstad.

January 24, 2020Philip Morris International

Hi there, we are glad that you enjoyed the work environment during your time at PMI and perks such as employee benefits. Our people are the core of the company and we strive to give them the opportunity to do the best work they can and it is important for us that our employees feel that they can reach their maximum potential in every way, and feel supported while helping us reach our goals and vision. Again thanks for the feedback and feel free to follow us on social media @InsidePMI.

10. "Great experience with a lot of drawbacks"

Former Intern - Project Engineering Intern in Lausanne

I worked at Philip Morris International for less than a year

Pros

Great pay, great experience and great working environment

Cons

Work-life balance. Cut throat environment. People treated as numbers.

Found 81 reviews