Philip Morris International Employee Reviews about "working environment"

Updated 3 Aug 2020

Philip Morris International Chief Executive Officer André Calantzopoulos
André Calantzopoulos

Reviews about "working environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great teamwork, good employee engagement & result orientation!"

Current Employee - Specialist in Kuala Lumpur
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Overall, the working environment here is very healthy and positive. Team members work well with each other, within & among departments. Everyone is open-minded and high willingness to accept innovative ideas. Every team member is respecting each other and can easily find supports when necessary. Philip Morris Malaysia supports employee growth and development by providing constructive feedback and suggestions along the journey. Company also offered benefits and flexibility that make it easy to find balance. The employees are aligned with the Company's direction where most of the time we have no trouble staying busying and thriving in our work environments and hence our workday goes by quickly. I carry the pride as part of the PM families.

Cons

I have yet to observe any negative scenarios in the organisation. Perhaps a little bit of hyper-competition?

Philip Morris International

Thank you for a five-star rating! We are glad you found your work environment productive and engaging. At PMI, we pride ourselves on being able to provide continuous growth. We are especially pleased to hear that you are surrounded by a supportive team, we regard this as a great example of teamwork and positive company culture. As for competitiveness we aim to ensure that such behavior remains a balanced part of a healthy working environment to help your individual progression and progression as a team. Thank you very much for sharing your experience and stay tuned by following us on Social Media @InsidePMI!

2. "Experience as an intern in PMI"

Former Intern - Stagiaire D'ingénieur En Automatisme in Neuchâtel

I worked at Philip Morris International for less than a year

Pros

The working environment is great. I met really great people at PMI, the work was interesting. Great employee advantages

Cons

The fact that you are working for the tabacco industry. The rarely hire new employees, often subcontract them through randstad.

Philip Morris International

Hi there, we are glad that you enjoyed the work environment during your time at PMI and perks such as employee benefits. Our people are the core of the company and we strive to give them the opportunity to do the best work they can and it is important for us that our employees feel that they can reach their maximum potential in every way, and feel supported while helping us reach our goals and vision. Again thanks for the feedback and feel free to follow us on social media @InsidePMI.

3. "Great experience with a lot of drawbacks"

Former Intern - Project Engineering Intern in Lausanne

I worked at Philip Morris International for less than a year

Pros

Great pay, great experience and great working environment

Cons

Work-life balance. Cut throat environment. People treated as numbers.

4. "Area Sales Manager"

Former Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Mumbai

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Highly professional work environment, good learning potential

Cons

Too much focus on Power Point

Centralized Community Management

Hello. Thank you for your time in leaving us a review. We are happy to read that you have enjoyed our company’s advantages for more than 8 years and that you perceived a good learning potential within Philip Morris International. Thank you once again for your thoughts!

5. "Great experience"

Former Employee - Assistant Brand Manager in Bogotá, Bogota

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good working environment + good salary

Cons

Too much bureaucracy which limits the innovation

Centralized Community Management

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry you perceived the environment as too much bureaucratic, but we appreciate you mentioned the environment and competitive salary provided by our company. We wish you the best of luck for your future career!

6. "Great experience"

Former Intern - Illicit Trade in Lausanne

I worked at Philip Morris International for less than a year

Pros

international environment nice colleagues perfect work environment

Cons

the restaurant is a bit expensive

7. "INKOMPASS intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Philip Morris International

Pros

Amazing company! Incredible working environment and great atmosphere. Awesome corporate culture.

Cons

Nothing to mention for cons.

8. "Great Company but lacks of performance management"

Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good Salary Great working environment Learning environment

Cons

Lack of Performance Management Very political Depends mainly on relations rather than results

Centralized Community Management

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad to read that you outline the "great working environment" you work in, and that you would recommend our company to a friend. We strive to give our people the opportunity to do the best work they can, to find innovative solutions to problems, and to achieve new levels of personal development. We are sorry to hear you feel lack of performance management. We strongly believe that excellence should be recognized, celebrated and rewarded. We foster a culture of ongoing day to day recognition. We highly recommend you to sit down with your Line Manager or HR Manager and share your thoughts and needs with them. Thanks once again for sharing your thoughts and the positive score.

9. "Great working environment, possibly to do business trips abroad to affiliates while interning."

Former Intern - Intern in La Chaux-de-Fonds, Neuchâtel

I worked at Philip Morris International for less than a year

Pros

Interesting work, comfy office, fitness, great working environment

Cons

Pressure from the management ! If you don’t bring value to the company, you won’t stay !

10. "Field Marketing Executive"

Former Employee - Field Sales and Marketing Representative

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, Benefits, Multinational Company, Good working environment,

Cons

Partnered distribution with Akij in Dhaka, low SKU's, Low investment compared to BAT

Centralized Community Management

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Your feedback is very important to us.

Found 84 reviews