ProCare Therapy Speech Language Pathologist Assistant Reviews

Updated Jun 18, 2021

Found 20 of over 140 reviews

3.8
ProCare Therapy President David Alexander (no image)
David Alexander
  1. 5.0
    Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Supportive company with good contract rate

Jun 18, 2021 - Speech Language Pathologist in Cleveland, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very supportive staff that will get in touch with you right away regarding any questions or needs that you have. As far as contract companies go, ProCare therapy has a good hourly contract rate that is higher than many of their competitors. The management is kind and appreciative of the work we do and sends a goodie bag during speech and hearing month as a token of thanks 😊

Cons

The company is based out of state, so your supervisor is unable to meet with you in person, however they are very responsive and I was always able to get an answer to all of my questions within a couple of hours or less.

Vice President Marketing

We appreciate you taking the time to share this wonderful review with us!

2. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Terrible SLP experience

May 18, 2021 - Speech-Language Pathologist in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

quick and easy onboarding process

Cons

1. Difficulties getting paid both at the start and end of my contract. At the beginning I had to spend several hours over a few days calling my bank, calling/emailing my recruiter. I almost quit 2 weeks into my contract because it was such a hassle to simply get paid. Things then went smoothly until a week ago when some senior manager threatened to withhold my pay for 2 weeks of SLP services I had already provided. I kept being told the reason for this was because I was sending them "blurry" timesheets which I was not. Your staff only figured this out yesterday. I am curious as to whether or not I'll actually be paid for these 2 weeks of work this Friday when I'm supposed to. Also, my recruiter lied to me during the recruiting phase about the hourly wage I was to receive. I'm receiving a ridiculously low wage given that I have 15+ years of SLP experience.

2 people found this review helpful

Marketing Manager

Thank you so much for providing your feedback. We are so sorry for your experience. Can you please email info@procaretherapy.com with your information so we can talk with you further about your experience?

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great

Jan 11, 2021 - Speech Language Pathologist in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very good company. Always helpful and on top of things.

Cons

none that I can think of.

Marketing Specialist

Thanks for the awesome feedback! We are proud to have a dedicated SLP as apart of the ProCare Therapy team!

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Supportive staff

Nov 9, 2020 - Speech Language Pathologist in Leonardtown, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

I liked that they would check in often to make sure everything was going smoothly at my site. I always felt like I could reach out if I had a problem.

Cons

I didn’t come across any issues

Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback! We are pleased to hear that you have been able to communicate with the ProCare Therapy team with ease.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee

Fair company

Nov 16, 2020 - Speech Language Pathologist in Ward, AR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Understanding with family illness and medical leave

Cons

Minimal coverage for vacation more than a couple of days at a time

2 people found this review helpful

Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback. We are glad to hear your experience with ProCare has been fair so far and we take all criticisms into account as we continue to improve as a company. Thanks again!

6. 3.0
    Former Contractor

Contract School SLP

Nov 30, 2020 - Speech Language Pathologist in Rosharon, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Quick placement with a school

Cons

Unmanageable caseload amount with little support from ProCare Therapy

Marketing Specialist

We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience with ProCare Therapy. Our goal is to always provide thorough career support for our school professionals and we take this feedback very seriously. Thank you for leaving us with your honest remarks, we truly appreciate it.

7. 5.0
    Current Contractor, more than 1 year

The company demonstrates they care

Apr 14, 2020 - Speech Language Pathologist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Procare sent a relief check during COVID-19, which demonstrates that they care about the people they employ. I definitely prefer to work, but felt grateful when they supported me during this time period where I am unable to contact students due to COVID-19. I feel grateful to work for a company that cares.

Cons

No paid time off when in a contracted position.

Marketing Specialist

We are glad to work with such dedicated school professionals like yourself and we truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback. Thanks!

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

POSITIVE CF EXPERIENCE WITH PROCARE

Jun 4, 2020 - Clinical Fellow - Speech Language Pathologist in San Pablo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- friendly, helpful, and honest staff (my recruiter was Tyler Borotto) -benefits - competitive hourly pay - easy application process

Cons

-no materials or therapy supports provided

Marketing Specialist

We love to hear that you have had a positive experience thus far. Thank you for your constructive feedback as well!

9. 5.0

Great Company to work for

Jul 31, 2019 - Speech Language Pathologist in South San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Communication was great between hiring staff. I personally worked with Crystal Handley and she has been amazing. She always responds to emails, texts, or phone calls. I work in CA and she was on east coast time and despite the time difference, she always answered or made herself available to talk. Crystal also did a great job helping negotiate a great hourly rate and educated me about stipends.

Cons

No cons working with ProCare Therapy.

Marketing Specialist

Thank you for the kind words and we hope you continue to work with us!

10. 3.0

n/a

Sep 28, 2019 - Speech Language Pathologist Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

They promptly give job alerts.

Cons

Sometimes you don't get enough time to prepare for traveling assignments

Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback! We take these remarks seriously and will use them to improve as we move forward.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 20 Reviews