ProCare Therapy Employee Reviews about "school district"

Updated 10 Jun 2020

4.6
ProCare Therapy President David Alexander (no image)
David Alexander
Pros
  • "The hiring process was very fast(in 6 reviews)

• "He makes sure that I will get a job and he actually placed at a very good school district(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "No cons working with ProCare Therapy(in 5 reviews)

• "I have no complaints Chelsea keeps me informed and provides a great support system(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "school district"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Excellent Agency"

Current Employee - Speech Therapist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at ProCare Therapy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Procare Therapy helped me find my current job through Mr. Tyler Borotto. He is amazing. He makes sure that I will get a job and he actually placed at a very good school district. He also makes sure that I am getting the correct work hours and makes sure that the people in the school district are treating me right. He calls me every so often to check if I am doing fine with work.

Cons

Since I am working for school district, I don't have summer job and no pay. However, Mr. Tyler Borotto is trying his best to find me a job for summer.

ProCare Therapy Response

July 22, 2020Marketing Specialist

We are happy to hear you enjoy the school district you are currently working with and thanks for leaving us your critiques as well. We hope we can continue to partner together more in the future to serve the schools in need.

2. "Unbelievable: Worst EVER!"

1.0
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at ProCare Therapy for less than a year

Pros

It was very easy to contact someone about the position.

Cons

They charged the school district twice as much as they offered me and lied to me about it. I was in shock because we had to negotiate at least 3 times about the salary. They lied and said they were going back to negotiate with the school district to ensure they made at least half of what I was making hourly. I quit when they lied about it.

ProCare Therapy Response

September 10, 2018Vice President Marketing

We appreciate your feedback and are sorry that you feel this way. We do everything we can to make sure we provide fair compensation packages for all of our school professionals, so we’re surprised to hear this. If you’d like to discuss this in more detail, please feel free to reach out to our director, Stephanie, at (678) 837-1265 or our department manager Chelsea at (770) 776-2063.

"BSN School Nurse"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse, BSN in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at ProCare Therapy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very friendly and efficient service by my contact, Though they are out of state, I received replies immediately to all my inquiries. Signing up with them was easy and timely, Completion of time cards is easy and payment of salary is always on time weekly. I would recommend them to any RN who was interested in being a contract RN.

Cons

Working as a contractor makes me miss out on most nurse education by the school district, the hourly salary is lower and I miss out on any bonuses ProCare, did, however, pay me back for my School Nurse college course and a state required inservice education I attended. I really appreciated that. The benefits are deducted from the salary which is already lower than comparable jobs in our area, so it is hard to take them

Continue reading

"Supportive, Thoughtful and Personable"

Current Freelancer - SLPA in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ProCare Therapy for less than a year

Pros

The recruiters I've worked with at ProCare Therapy have been nothing short of amazing. I moved out of state to a place I had very few contacts and ProCare made me feel like I wasn't doing it alone. My first recruiter, Ashley, always checked on me to make sure I was enjoying my location and that all my needs at the school district were being met. Later when Ashley moved positions I was placed with Whitney who made sure I got everything I needed. When I had a contract related issue Whitney went above and beyond to assure I was well taken care of. Working for this company has opened so many doors for me and allowed me to pursue a career that I love!

Cons

Wish there was an opportunity to meet with other SLPA's in the company to discuss materials, therapies, and tips.

5. "Contract School Psychologist for ProCare Therapy"

Current Contractor - School Psychologist in Kansas City, KS
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at ProCare Therapy for more than a year

Pros

I am employed as a contract School Psychologist for 2016-2017. I have found ProCare Therapy to be a very good company to work for this school year. Katelyn has been excellent to work with throughout my tenure with ProCare. Katelyn has always been available to answer any questions about the job role and opportunities as a contract School Psychologist, and has been invaluable in contract negotiations and follow-up with the occasional employment concern with the School District I have contracted with. I believe that we have developed a successful working relationship, and because of that, I will contract with ProCare again for the 2017-2018 school year. I would recommend that if you are considering contract work with a School District as a Psychologist, Therapist, or Special Education professional, that you consider ProCare Therapy for your employment.

Cons

The only downside that I have encountered this year is the fact that as a contract employee, there were times when the District was not in session such as the Winter Holidays and Spring Break, where you don't get paid, since contract work is based upon hourly work. I also knew that prior to accepting the contract assignment.

"ProCare!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Bucyrus, OH

I have been working at ProCare Therapy full-time for less than a year

Pros

I enjoyed my time working with ProCare. My recruiter was very professional and supportive throughout my experience. My recruiter checked in periodically to make sure the school district was the right fit for me. I appreciate the support I received from ProCare!

Cons

You do not get sick days. You just get paid the days you work.

"ProCare Therapy"

Current Employee - ProCare Therapy Employee

I have been working at ProCare Therapy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I feel supported and motivated - I enjoy coming to work each day. ProCare provides a strong work-life balance. Great benefit options and salary for candidates who are relocating or open to traveling for a position. If compensation is the most important factor (and you are flexible with commuting) you can usually make a significantly higher salary than if you worked directly at a district. ProCare can provide great benefits - such as tax free housing stipends which are available to candidates who will be traveling to work on a contract assignment. Friendly, helpful recruiters. PC has access to the highest paying jobs in schools and pediatric facilities. Make sure you ask your recruiter why the position is currently open. Recruiters depend on the school district to provide additional information regarding caseload. This information is not always available upfront and should be addressed on the interview.

Cons

The only cons are those associated with contract agencies. Positions posted online are not always up to date. The agency must work within the school's provided budget. Compensation is not always based on experience level, but rather on what the school is able to pay for the therapist's services. Your experience depends upon which recruiter you are working with.

"Very positive experience as a contract SLP!"

Current Contractor - School Speech-Language Pathologist in Orofino, ID
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at ProCare Therapy for more than a year

Pros

My direct contact at ProCare (one of the Educational Resource Directors) has been a breeze to work with from the start: straightforward, fair, professional, warm. If she says she will do something, she does. She has interceded as needed with my supervisor in the school district when that person attempted to add duties not originally specified during the interview/hiring process, and that was worked out calmly and professionally (and the extra duties were not in the end added to my workload!). A good balance of being there when needed but not micromanaging. Pay has been like clockwork--never a snag, and they have a very user-friendly online timesheet that you enter your time into at the end of the week. Given that I've now done two contracts with ProCare, I can attest that my initial impression was not a fluke. It's been very nice working with this company!

Cons

The only cons are those related to all contract work (no guarantee that a contract will be renewed, etc.).

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 8 reviews