Propeller Aero Reviews

Updated Apr 13, 2022

Found 36 of over 36 reviews

4.7
Propeller Aero CEO and Co-Founders Francis Vierboom and Rory San Miguel (no image)
Francis Vierboom and Rory San Miguel
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Very interesting work, amazing office culture

Mar 27, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Very interesting work & technology - Mature tech stack - Flexible working options - Great support of a stable company that continues to act with the agility of a startup - Excellent leadership

Cons

Nothing I can think of

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Nov 10, 2021 - Software Engineer in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

There's plenty of interesting projects and technical challenges to work on. Generally employees are pretty engaged in the work, and management listens to concerns.

Cons

No major cons at the moment.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Friendly, open team with a wonderful culture

Jul 11, 2021 - Software Engineer in Surry Hills
    Business Outlook

Pros

Extremely open and welcoming culture. Fun knowledge domain that sees engineers applying familiar technologies in novel ways.

Cons

Priorities will frequently change which can strain delivery processes

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Interesting work, promising product, scaling up

Jul 21, 2021 - Software Engineer in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Interesting challenges - Market-leading product - Relaxed and amicable environment - Limited corporate kerfuffle - Strong tech orientation

Cons

- Salaries are not competitive (although adjustments are in progress) - Personal ties mean hard calls are sometimes not made - Not ambitious enough

5. 5.0

Growing business

Jan 10, 2021 - Full Time Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The fast growth means we get to work on things that really impact the business. I've worked at other high growth companies before where you lose the start-up feel. Even though things are changing here, we still have that really fun, high energy and creative start-up vibe that I enjoy. Sometimes the remote work was hard during the peak of Covid, but I think it was our company culture that got us through and saw us come out of it stronger and still growing.

Cons

The other side to the excitement of fast growth is that things do get really busy here. I like to keep myself busy, but can imagine it might be full on for some people

6. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

typical startup

Dec 29, 2019 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

flexible, work life balance

Cons

low salary

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fast paced, interesting work un-tethered by corporate bureaucracy

Aug 28, 2019 - Data Engineer in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

Own the problems you solve Love the people you work with Be heard and informed on all aspects of the product

Cons

It's a start up, the whole four walls and ceiling are a gamble but accepted risk = potential reward. You're still guaranteed to get something out of your time here.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

All of the good things you hear about tech start up's

Aug 21, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

A highly collaborative environment where everyone in the business genuinely lives by our mantra of 100% impact and 0% ego. Everyone knows what they are responsible for and how that role contributes to the success of the business. Being the size we are, this means everyone works on really meaningful tasks, either directly for the customer or in some kind of support function.

Cons

No cons. However, if you like a perfectly structured working environment with a plan in place for everything, this isn't the environment for you. We're growing and learning as we go, so sometimes things don't run perfectly and you need to be ok with that.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee

Managers

Jan 30, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Autonomous work is a plus

Cons

No a lot of direction

10. 5.0

Amazing Culture

Oct 11, 2018 - Product Designer in Surry Hills
    Business Outlook

Pros

Propeller is made up of a some incredibly welcoming and super smart people, who are never hesitant to lend a hand or have a chat. They make you feel like part of the family from day one. Leave your ego at the door, there's no petty competition here. Everyone is genuinely supportive of each other and you really get a sense that everyone is working towards the same goal.

Cons

Fairly loose work structure means a lot of figuring things out as they go. Be prepared for lots of experimenting and changes as the company finds it's legs and figured out the best way to get things done. Flat hierarchy means you're expected to step up, work independently, and be self-driven. The culture is friendly, but at the end of the day, you have to be driven, passionate, and good at what you do.

4 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 36 Reviews

Propeller Aero Reviews FAQs

Propeller Aero has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5, based on over 36 reviews left anonymously by employees. 97% of employees would recommend working at Propeller Aero to a friend and 91% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Propeller Aero employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Propeller Aero. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

97% of Propeller Aero employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Propeller Aero 4.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.8 for culture and values and 4.6 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Propeller Aero Job Seekers