Public Outreach Fundraising Reviews

Updated 22 Jun 2020

3.9
Pros
  • "Lots of fun games to keep staff engaged while fundraising(in 23 reviews)

• "It's hard work but honestly I wouldn't be where I'm at today without having worked at Public Outreach(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • "Some donors want to argue with you about charity logistics etc(in 22 reviews)

• "It is a performance based job, laziness is not rewarded because it costs charities money(in 15 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

5.0
    Former Employee - Fundraiser in Melbourne

I worked at Public Outreach Fundraising full-time for less than a year

Pros

good opportunities if you're prepared to step our of your comfort zone

Cons

sometimes a long day when you're not connecting with people

August 21, 2019Senior Recruitment Manager

Hi, This is great feedback! Working with us makes us sometime get out of our confort zone to develop new skills! As advertised, it also requires on certain days, patience. Some days will be longer than others but we always make sure that we're working in a positive environnement and keep up with the good spirits. Thanks!

2. "Great personal and career up-skilling and enrichment"

4.0
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Melbourne

I worked at Public Outreach Fundraising full-time for more than a year

Pros

I developed so much as a person in my time at PO. I became a more confident person and a better communicator and I got an incredible experience working in a unique, strong-bonded community environment. I had very quick progression compared with other industries from a street fundraiser to a supervisor to a program manager. My manager and team were supportive and outgoing. I've used the skills I aquired at PO for a successful long term sales career. There is great structure in the business and in the uniformity between teachings to staff. You can feel really good about the ethical stance of the company and working on behalf of really worthwhile charities

Cons

It's a really big and challenging thing to put yourself out there starting out as a street fundraiser and then managing people to do the same thing. It can be really confronting and you need to have a bit of tenacity and accept that sometimes people in the public who you or your team approach may be unkind or make you feel unsafe/uncomfortable. Lean on your team for support here. It's a business representing a charity and staffing costs need to be outweighed by money coming in for the charities so the KPI's can be hard to constantly achieve and you can experience burn out- there's a high turnover rate.

December 20, 2019Senior Recruitment Manager

Hi, Your story is very representative of what an experience at Public Outreach should look like. It's an opportunity to grow as a person and within the company. We are glad to see that this was the case with you. Because, as you said, there's a high turnover rate. In part, because we have a lot of students working for us. It is always a challenge for a company to be profitable. In our case, is to have the money going to non profit organisation that defends great causes. I think this give us more motivation, brings us together and makes us supportive to each other because we're serving a greater purpose. Thank you for your comments

"Fun environment but no one answers calls"

Former Employee - Charity Sales Ambassador in Melbourne

I worked at Public Outreach Fundraising full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone was lovely and welcoming. The office was spacious and games were played to put people into a positive mindset.

Cons

Barely a single person answered my calls, making it difficult to reach my targets. If people answered, they would tell me to stop calling and to remove them from the call list.

August 21, 2019Senior Recruitment Manager

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. As you mention, we are a lovely and welcoming organisation that has a positive mindset. It's not in our habit to ignore someone as we're always try to help everyone in need. We would love for you to contact us, to clarify to communication problems that you had to make sure it doesn't happen again. Again, thank you!

4. "Amazing company with great opportunities"

5.0
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Melbourne

I worked at Public Outreach Fundraising full-time for more than a year

Pros

Potential to make lots of money (both for charity and yourself) Great social environment

Cons

Not for everybody - you have to be good at it to enjoy it!

August 22, 2019Senior Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is very much appreciated; essentially this position are for individuals who are passionate, patient and who persevere!

5. "Awful"

1.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Melbourne

I worked at Public Outreach Fundraising full-time for less than a year

Pros

None none none none none

Cons

Everything, awful management, terrible bonuses, no attention to detail and heavily uninterested on repairing themselves.

August 14, 2019Senior Recruitment Manager

Hi, we're sad to see that you're experience with us didn't go as planned. We strive on giving the best work environnement for our employees. Feel free to contact us to give us further details on what went wrong to help us go foward in the future. Thank you

6. "Fun but tough"

4.0
    Fundraiser in Sydney

I worked at Public Outreach Fundraising

Pros

Great staff , fun atmosphere

Cons

Really hard fundraising and stressful at time

7. "Haven't started but so far very friendly"

I have been working at Public Outreach Fundraising full-time

Pros

Interview process is very simple

Cons

Apparently there's a high turnover rate which I'm slightly worried about

8. "Decent job"

Former Employee - FACE to FACE FUNDRAISER in Sydney

I worked at Public Outreach Fundraising full-time for less than a year

Pros

The ability to interact and communicate with people to develop a connection, the pay, the work environment

Cons

Can be draining, pressure to reach targets, the working hours and not recommend to people who don’t like striking conversation or are not outgoing

9. "Nice"

2.0

I have been working at Public Outreach Fundraising part-time

Pros

Good company culture, good pay

Cons

Unrealistic sales target and asking for people’s personal banking details on the streets

10. "Telesales agent"

1.0

I have been working at Public Outreach Fundraising full-time

Pros

Good pay on an hourly rate

Cons

Favour certain people in the company and not giving much / any training.

Found 252 reviews