Pulse Community Healthcare Employee Reviews about "senior management"

Updated 10 Dec 2019

2.9
Pulse Community Healthcare COO Sunna van Loo (no image)
Sunna van Loo
1 Rating
Pros
  • "I have found since working for Pulse that we really do strive to give our clients 110%(in 6 reviews)

• "The clients and the other support workers(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "The company has a poor senior management team, who have no clue how to engage with or motivate their managers or case managers(in 5 reviews)

• "Saw it with my own eyes office members getting bullied by management and office staff(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "senior management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Just a number"

2.0
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Pulse Community Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Remote working, flexibility with original line management

Cons

No ethics or morals from the senior management.

"A sad end"

2.0

I worked at Pulse Community Healthcare full-time

Pros

They had some genuinley good managers and case managers who really believed in quality of care. Its just a shame the senior management team didn't. They have lost an awful lot of talented individuals over the last few years, which is a great shame.

Cons

The company has a poor senior management team, who have no clue how to engage with or motivate their managers or case managers. I always believed in the CEO, but I genuinley believe huge mistakes have been made over the last 2 or 3 years. There is no clear direction, the focus is on "making money" but it was completley unclear as to how this was to be achieved.

April 24, 2018Group HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am sorry to hear that overall your experience of working with us wasn't as positive as we'd like to achieve. Quality of care and safety is an area we have made significant investment and improvements in recently so if you have any specific feedback on this please get in touch.

"Great team"

Former Employee - Case Manager in Poole, England

I worked at Pulse Community Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great support network to bounce off Team works well together Willing to help train for progression Happy environment from colleagues

Cons

Systems change a lot Bonus is hard to achieve Senior management often are not visible Often the answer today is incorrect.

November 8, 2017Managing Director

Thank you for your feedback. It's great to hear that whilst you were working for us you felt that you had a great support network, happy environment and experienced willingness to help you train for progression. We often refer to our people being our most important asset - as a business we are committed to ensuring that our teams work well together and that we create a great place to work for everyone. Thank you for your advice to management - we will of course continue to ensure that we stay visible and interested in our people at all levels.

"The best company ive worked for in 20 Years"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Leeds, England

I have been working at Pulse Community Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

I'm very happy with my position at the company so far. Ive had to relearn how to conduct myself in the health care industry as its very different from my previous work in science, sales and recruitment. I have to say that my role has changed slightly since i first started, i have been made to feel that the work i do is important and i have seen that it is from the results ive achieved. Management in the Leeds office have supported me greatly in my personal development and skills needed in life and within my role. I dont have to watch the clock waiting for the day to end here, i genuinely look forward to coming into work and i like the variety in my role. If you are thinking about working for the company i would certainly recommend Pulse community healthcare and the sister companies that i work closely with. My colleagues are very pleasant and supportive, coming from companies in which everyone is depressed it is refreshing to be somewhere where the banter is excellent and everyone is kind and polite to each other. I dont plan on leaving the company any time soon, i feel that there is lots of room for progression here if i can prove myself. I've also been happy with the pay wich has steadily increased over the time ive been here which has really helped me in my personal life. It seems that when you work hard here you are rewarded, and you can earn respect with management which i like.

Cons

During the time ive been here, new company policies have been developed as senior management has changed. The new policies have benefited me and the team greatly. The changes relate to how we will be rewarded for hard work and the way we should conduct ourselves in the company which have been brought in slowly to allow for everyone to get used to the changes.

July 18, 2016Head of HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - it's fantastic to read so many positive comments about Pulse Community Healthcare and really encouraging to hear that the changes we have implemented have been beneficial. We are passionate about creating a culture whereby our people feel supported and have the opportunity to grow. It's great that you feel that there is lots of room for progression and that you genuinely look forward to coming into work. Thank you for your recommendation.

"Case manager"

1.0
    Case Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at Pulse Community Healthcare

Pros

I would really struggle to think of any pros. Office team are good and friendly.

Cons

Absolutely everything about Pulse Community Healthcare is shambolic. They want you to effectively get on with your job without ever bothering senior management. No help is every passed down. The company has been going through a change recently which was meant to make things better, but nothing changes and if anything it has only got worse. Support workers are treated like rubbish, which is out of order. Unrealistic expectations placed on office staff also. Very low pay to support workers also "we need to maintain our gross margin" is generally the line fed out.

July 14, 2016Head of HR

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We have made a number of changes recently which are aimed at creating a positive culture within Pulse Community Healthcare. It’s disappointing to hear that your experience with us isn’t as positive as we hope to achieve. If you would like to discuss your feedback in more detail, please contact me on ria.weller@ukics.com so that I can take any necessary action.

6. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at Pulse Community Healthcare

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere No micro management Approachable senior management team

Cons

There was an expectation to come in and hit the ground running, but a new induction programme is now in place to help with this

October 15, 2015Group HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. As you say, we have recently launched a new induction programme for new staff to ensure that all our people have the best possible start with us and are given the support, tools and development required to enable them to be a success and excel their career with us - something we feel very passionate about.

7. "Excellent Company"

Current Employee - Business Manager

Pros

I have been working for Pulse for 6 months, they have restored my faith in the sector. The senior management team are always at the end of the phone, the passion for the work we do runs clearly across the entire company.

Cons

Sometimes it can be long hours but that's just healthcare. Apart from that I have no cons to add.

June 26, 2015Group HR Director

Thank you for your review. It's encouraging to hear your positive comments especially that we have restored your faith in the sector.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 7 reviews