Pulse Community Healthcare Employee Reviews about "support workers"

Updated 12 Apr 2019

2.9
Pulse Community Healthcare COO Sunna van Loo (no image)
Sunna van Loo
1 Rating
Pros
  • "I have found since working for Pulse that we really do strive to give our clients 110%(in 6 reviews)

• "The clients and the other support workers(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "The company has a poor senior management team, who have no clue how to engage with or motivate their managers or case managers(in 5 reviews)

• "Saw it with my own eyes office members getting bullied by management and office staff(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "support workers"

Return to all Reviews

"Redundancy"

I worked at Pulse Community Healthcare full-time

Pros

Branch teams are loyal and hard working. Lovely clients Great talented support workers Nursing staff committed

Cons

Continual change Not client focused Purely committed to chasing the money Favours TCS employees over PCH continual redundancys

April 24, 2019Managing Director

Thank you for your feedback. Our clients are always at the forefront of the decisions that we make and we pride ourselves on having an open and honest relationship with them all. We appreciate this has been a difficult time for everyone affected by the recent changes we have made to our operating model.

"still waiting to start work"

Current Employee - Community Support Worker in Great Yarmouth, England

I have been working at Pulse Community Healthcare part-time

Pros

still waiting on a start date, so far the training has been excellent, but they keep changing the dates of the rest of my training, some is online which i like because i can complete it in my own time, i have not been updated on my back ground checks and have been told by other support workers that there is not alot of work in my area even though it is still being advertised. i like to leave fair and open, honest reviews and will leave another if and when i get work.

Cons

you dont get paid to attend training, you cant claim back the cost of your travel to training. but i guess you could claim it back from the tax man, there was talk of a £200 starting bonus but know one seems to know much about this

"Support worker"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Pulse Community Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The clients and the other support workers. That is it

Cons

Late pay. Bad office staff who don't care about their employees.

November 8, 2017Managing Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Your feedback is important and will help us to ensure that Pulse Community Healthcare continues to be a great place to work for everyone.

4. "Great workplace"

5.0
    Recruitment Resourcer

I have been working at Pulse Community Healthcare

Pros

I really enjoy being part of a great supportive team at Pulse Community Healthcare; Pulse offers great opportunities to develop your career and do your part in helping others. Pulse is continually enhancing its services and its training. It's been aknowledged by many people that the training offered by Pulse is much better than other companies. For the entire period that I've been working for Pulse, I've been very well supported by the managers and the colleagues. I really enjoy the job and I would recommend it to everyone looking to develop their career in care or in recruitment.

Cons

Support workers not being taken on a permanent contract, making it hard to recruit;

July 14, 2016Managing Director

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It's great to hear that you enjoy your job and that you would recommend it to everyone looking to develop their career in care or in recruitment - if you would like more details on our 'place a face' scheme, please contact the people team (HR).

5. "Great Company!"

5.0
    Case Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at Pulse Community Healthcare for more than a year

Pros

I have worked for the company for over 1 year and can safely say I have learnt a lot within the business. There is on-going training not only for internal employees but also our support workers, the training that we receive is by far the best training I have ever came across. Don't get me wrong in the past the office management haven't been there for me work wise but now there is a new structure and new management in place, I don't feel the dreaded feeling coming into the office I now feel every day is a challenge and i strive to do my best for my clients and my colleagues.

Cons

On Call and paying for parking

July 14, 2016Managing Director

Thank you for your review - all feedback is greatly appreciated. Its fantastic to read that you feel the training you receive is by far the best training you have ever come across! We will of course ensure that Pulse Community Healthcare continues to be a great place to work for everyone.

"Case manager"

Case Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at Pulse Community Healthcare

Pros

I would really struggle to think of any pros. Office team are good and friendly.

Cons

Absolutely everything about Pulse Community Healthcare is shambolic. They want you to effectively get on with your job without ever bothering senior management. No help is every passed down. The company has been going through a change recently which was meant to make things better, but nothing changes and if anything it has only got worse. Support workers are treated like rubbish, which is out of order. Unrealistic expectations placed on office staff also. Very low pay to support workers also "we need to maintain our gross margin" is generally the line fed out.

July 14, 2016Head of HR

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We have made a number of changes recently which are aimed at creating a positive culture within Pulse Community Healthcare. It’s disappointing to hear that your experience with us isn’t as positive as we hope to achieve. If you would like to discuss your feedback in more detail, please contact me on ria.weller@ukics.com so that I can take any necessary action.

"Horror Show"

2.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Pulse Community Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Dress down office Nobody really cares enough to pull you on anything you do wrong

Cons

Management have no balls whatsoever, most people will be working hard while others will consistently take the mick in regards to absence, respect for the business and general conduct but nothing will be done because they work on the sales team and PCH doesn't revolve around clients it revolves around money! Sales will constantly be pushed and support workers constantly recruited but with no jobs to go into because the sales team don't actually work they swan about all day - if they turn up, but its ok if they don't because nobody with authority cares. That being said if you happen to be lower down the food chain of what the company cares about (cash) and actually doing a role that makes a difference then expect to be walked all over and treated like something wiped onto a welcome mat on the way in!

May 18, 2016Group HR Director

Thank you for your review post. We are appreciate of all feedback as it helps us better understand our business. I can assure your comments will be fed back and addressed accordingly. What I can also assure you of is that there has been some recent operational changes and we are now working hard with the Management and Leadership team to positively change the culture where there may any isolated issues.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 7 reviews