Pulse Community Healthcare Employee Reviews about "working for pulse"

Updated 13 Feb 2018

2.9
Pulse Community Healthcare COO Sunna van Loo (no image)
Sunna van Loo
1 Rating
Pros
  • "I have found since working for Pulse that we really do strive to give our clients 110%(in 6 reviews)

• "The clients and the other support workers(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "The company has a poor senior management team, who have no clue how to engage with or motivate their managers or case managers(in 5 reviews)

• "Saw it with my own eyes office members getting bullied by management and office staff(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "working for pulse"

Return to all Reviews

"Positive and proactive staff and management"

5.0

I have been working at Pulse Community Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at Pulse Community Healthcare is both rewarding and positive. Staff and management listen to ideas and help ideas come to life. I feel listened to as an employee and know that I have a long term career with PCH.

Cons

Some recent changes in the business was quite challenging but I understand that changes had to happen to enable a better working culture, communication and overall a better service.

2. "Excellent"

Current Employee - Support Worker in Great Yarmouth, England

I have been working at Pulse Community Healthcare full-time

Pros

Excellent working for pulse always helped me in the office at pch norfolk branch excellent rate of pay always willing to help and friendly great clients to fits around my lifestyle having kids etc.

Cons

No cons since my employment

July 14, 2016Managing Director

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It's great to hear that you are able to achieve a great work-life balance whilst working for us!

3. "Great workplace"

Recruitment Resourcer

I have been working at Pulse Community Healthcare

Pros

I really enjoy being part of a great supportive team at Pulse Community Healthcare; Pulse offers great opportunities to develop your career and do your part in helping others. Pulse is continually enhancing its services and its training. It's been aknowledged by many people that the training offered by Pulse is much better than other companies. For the entire period that I've been working for Pulse, I've been very well supported by the managers and the colleagues. I really enjoy the job and I would recommend it to everyone looking to develop their career in care or in recruitment.

Cons

Support workers not being taken on a permanent contract, making it hard to recruit;

July 14, 2016Managing Director

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It's great to hear that you enjoy your job and that you would recommend it to everyone looking to develop their career in care or in recruitment - if you would like more details on our 'place a face' scheme, please contact the people team (HR).

4. "New management makes for a happier workplace!"

Current Employee - Case Manager in Manchester, England

Pros

I love working at Pulse and I am proud to be a part of Pulse! There's been a recent restructure due to a few managers leaving but honestly this has been for the better! The office atmosphere is better and people are much happier. Yes people hated working here but that was due to them and not the company. Those people have gone and new ideas and fresh faces are making this place better. We are on point with everything and expect nothing less than high standards but this means our clients are safe and our workers are happy!

Cons

Parking in the centre is ridiculously expensive and when I accepted the job I was told there would be somewhere I could park my car for free?

July 14, 2016Managing Director

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. There has been some recent operational changes and we are now working hard with the Management and Leadership team to positively change the culture where there may any isolated issues. We are passionate about creating a culture where our people feel valued and rewarded for their contribution. If you have any recommendations around rewards it would be great if you can share these with your manager - we are always looking out for new ideas.

5. "Case manager"

Current Employee - Case Manager

I have been working at Pulse Community Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is a brilliant company to work for. I have found since working for Pulse that we really do strive to give our clients 110%. Sometimes this does not work out, but it is not for lack of trying. Management are always supportive and willing to listen. I feel that I have a good hold on my career, and where I would like to go (and it would be with this company).

Cons

Sometimes the work hours do take a toll on you, those late nights can add up. I wouldn't change it for anything though. I feel that i thrive under this. When first joining, due to the scope of the job it can take a good period of time to get to grasp with things. Pulse have recently introduced a employee passport, which i believe will help in the future.

July 14, 2016Managing Director

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It's really encouraging to read so many positive comments about our business! Listening to our people is very important to us - its great that you feel that management are willing to listen and that you have a good hold of your career and where you would like to go with us.

6. "Excellent Company"

Current Employee - Business Manager

Pros

I have been working for Pulse for 6 months, they have restored my faith in the sector. The senior management team are always at the end of the phone, the passion for the work we do runs clearly across the entire company.

Cons

Sometimes it can be long hours but that's just healthcare. Apart from that I have no cons to add.

June 26, 2015Group HR Director

Thank you for your review. It's encouraging to hear your positive comments especially that we have restored your faith in the sector.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 6 reviews