Pulse (UK) Booking Coordinator Reviews

3.1
Pulse (UK) CEO Mike Barnard
Mike Barnard
0 Rating
  1. "Okay not for long term"

Former Employee - Booking Coordinator in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice team but not great management

Cons

Gossip work environment/ managers stick together

"OK"

Bookings Coordinator in Kings Cross, England

I worked at Pulse (UK) for more than a year

Pros

Pulse provided company events, had a great Christmas party and is based in a great location! You generally can leave work when your contracted time is up. There seems to be opportunities for career progression e.g bookings consultant to recruitment consultant to senior consultant and then team leader (if you want to be in senior management though, it might be difficult to get there if you are from an ethnic minority)! They also have a good benefit system and the MD and CEO are friendly.

Cons

The commission. They tell you at your interview that you receive individual commission if you hit your targets and then when you start, they change it to a team target. Its ridiculous because even if you work hard and hit your target every month, unless everyone on the team hits the target, you get nothing! It is one of the reasons I left. You also get micro managed.... its like being in school... but if they like you, you can take a 30 minute loo break every 2 hours (which a few of my colleagues did- funnily enough- they were the ones NOT hitting their target)!

Continue reading

"Micromanagement and Underhand Tactics"

2.0
    Current Employee - Bookings Coordinator in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Good office location with good transport links (30 minute journey). - Open plan office making it easier to meet new people. - Good company reputation. - Christmas party is great fun! - Some really lovely people, although some gossiping when backs are turned.

Cons

- Since a poor review was left management has actively instructed employees to leave positive reviews which is what lead me to know about glassdoor. Reviews do not reflect the true culture of Pulse. - Poor bonus structure often meaning hard work isn't rewarded if the whole team doesn't meet team target even if personal target is met. - Feedback isn't fully taken on board. Agree with a previous review which stated that rules should be standardised for all teams; some people are drawing a short straw. - Micromanagement - High call times; not always possible to spend two productive hours on the phone.

May 18, 2016Group HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Staff are encouraged to leave a review as we use Glassdoor as a platform to gain feedback from our staff in addition to the other feedback and communication channels already in place. Its important that we receive all feedback so we can continue to make Pulse a great place to work. We are committed to ensuring we recognise, reward and invest in our staff. If you want to follow up any of your points with me personally please contact me at rozie.edwards@ukics.com

4. "An excellent company to work for"

5.0
    Current Employee - Bookings Coordinator in Manchester, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent benefits from bonuses to health benefits. You can progress up the career ladder if you wish and the management team fully support that too. Many events throughout the year such as the Christmas party, awards ceremonies and the roadshows are a great way of bringing all the various branches together.

Cons

Not everyone gets a chance to get onto the Presidents club, only people who bill money for the company. But this is something that could be done with career progression.

January 29, 2016Group HR Director

Thanks for taking the time to post your review. You will notice that this year we have advanced our benefits offering with a new on-line platform and we are offering more benefit options than ever before. It's great to hear that you enjoy the events we hold throughout the year, we too believe these are a great way of communicating key messages and bringing together our different brands and sites. You mention that only those who bill money get recognised in our annual awards - this is not the case, we recognise high performance and excellence across the business and you will now know that this year we recognised 19 people for Exceptional Performance at our annual awards - all of which were in non-billing roles. Thanks again for your feedback, it's great to hear your comments.

5. "A good all rounder"

Current Employee - Booking Coordinator in London, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) part-time for more than a year

Pros

Really flexible for temp and part time workers very understanding management team, who have your best interest at heart.

Cons

Could put better structures in place in terms of disciplinary procedures.

July 18, 2016Head of HR

Thank you for your review.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 5 reviews