Find jobs for Recruitment Consultant

4.1
Pulse (UK) CEO Mike Barnard
Mike Barnard
1 Rating
  1. "Proud to be part of such a supportive team."

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. great support from Managers and directors 2. excellent in house training and a clear career pathway for progression 3. Friendly and supportive environment to work in 4. transparency with pay and commission structures 5. Lots of opportunities to give feedback on the company and have our say 6. Getting to be part of the business reviews so we know how the company plans to move forward 7. Great incentives and rewards

Cons

No major concerns. We are given lots of opportunities to have our say on the company and provide constructive feedback on improvements that could be made

Continue reading
  2. "Ability to make money if you put the work in."

4.0
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pulse allows you to work autonomously but also as part of a team as there is always somebody to help and support you to get to the top. The holiday allowance is beneficial as it makes you realise the importance of work / life balance.

Cons

Not everybody takes advantage of the structure and ability to progress.

January 31, 2020HR Business Partner

Hi, it's great to read about your positive experience and that you feel you have had support to help you in your role. I hope that you continue to develop and progress in your career here. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

"Unfortunate management."

2.0
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people I work with a are great and are very supportive. The social scene fantastic, especially for younger workers looking for a good time in London.

Cons

False promises from management and bonuses not being paid out, even after being told that we will get them in our next pay. Management do not care about the inappropriate behavior from coworkers and only care about gross margin not about the well being of employees.

4. "Pulse"

5.0
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Broxbourne, East of England, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Clear Career Progression including pay rise's - Lots of supporting sales functions to make your role as stress free as possible - Managing Director for AHP is amazingly supportive and gets so involved - Training and support always offered - Uncapped commission, with a huge window to earn extra money/attend trips with quarterly and yearly incentives - Realistic KPIs

Cons

Recruitment can be stressful, i think everyone in the industry would agree that you need to put in what you want to get out. Pulse give everyone the tools to be able to thrive in a buzzy, fast paced, stressful environment should they be willing to put the work in. Pulse will do what they can to support you and relieve any stress where possible.

March 1, 2019HR Business Partner

Hi, it's great to read that you feel there is development and a clear progression route for our employees and that you'd recommend Pulse as a great place to work. We will support individuals wherever we can, however if you wish to feedback any suggestions as to how we can help our employees to manage stress then please let us know - we'd welcome your ideas. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

5. "Working at Pulse"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Cheshunt, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

• Great work/life balance • Excellent pay & commission scheme • Clear career progression, which is mapped out in a career pathway • Amazing benefits - holiday incentives, quarterly outings for high performance members of staff, discount vouchers, private healthcare option, pension scheme, 25 days holiday and much more • In depth training programme – a 12-week training programme that gives you the opportunity to learn from the Director, senior consultants and learning and development team. • Opportunities to further your education with support in the Certificate of Recruitment & many other courses for management and more.

Cons

Working for Pulse and in any sales environment can be extremely high pressured and demanding, this can often result in a stressful work environment. However, Pulse have always been very understanding of this and have always supported my stresses.

March 8, 2019HR Business Partner

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to read about the opportunities you've benefited from with training and development and the clear progression route and that you'd recommend Pulse as a great place to work. We will support individuals wherever we can, however if you wish to feedback any suggestions as to how we can help our employees to manage stress then please let us know - we'd welcome your ideas. It's great to read about your positive experience thus far and I hope that you continue to develop and progress in your career here.

"Not for me"

1.0
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than a year

Pros

you could help yourself to a free drink in the kitchen every friday, friday games, free tea and coffee, recruitment and compliance team were very welcoming.

Cons

Constantly criticised on a daily basis, was told I don’t know how to use outlook properly or send or delete emails, told i was making the business lose money,constant demotivating remarks from my manager via email and verbally infront of other staff daily at the Kings x branch. Witnessed emails between senior staff talking rudely about lower ranking staff as they’d forgotten to delete emails from team inbox. Also witnessed bullying in other teams and constant swearing between staff in conversations.Witnessed someone resign while I was there also due to bullying. Went home crying twice,In the end i left due to this.

January 30, 2018Group HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Some of your comments are extremely concerning and I would therefore encourage you to contact me directly at Rozie.Edwards@ukics.com so I can address any specific concerns you have. We work hard to create a culture which is engaging and rewarding for all our people and if we fall short of this we will take appropriate steps to rectify it.

7. "Good company to work for"

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in London, England

I worked at Pulse (UK) for more than a year

Pros

-Cares about its employees -Has growth opportunities -regular bonus incentives

Cons

None I encountered within the one year I was there

September 27, 2017Managing Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

"3 months in...."

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Bournemouth, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time for less than a year

Pros

Supportive manager, good holiday amount

Cons

too busy to complete tasks in a day. Have to come in early or stay late to ensure work is fully completed. short staffed

July 18, 2016Head of HR

Thank you for your feedback. Work-life balance is something we are passionate about across all our business; I would encourage you to speak with your manager if you require any additional support.

9. "Trainee Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in Kings Cross, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Training for new starters, great management, friendly colleagues. Lots of benefits. The director and CEO are very approachable and friendly. Good comission structure. Hard workers are recognized and rewarded. Amazing hours not like your normal recruitment hours of 0800-1800, working weekends, staying back and being on call. Hours that Pulse provide are almost mythical in terms of recruitment. Earlies:0800-1630 08:30-1700 0900-1730 0930-1800- most of the time we leave on the dot, we also get the 1 hour lunch. I worked in a agency were the hours were 0800-1800 we weren't allowed to leave at 1800. That was seen as "early" the average time we would be allowed to leave was 8-9pm. My old agency also had ridiculous rules of "you cannot make tea before 9am". It was pretty laughable. Pulse are relaxed with making tea or eating breakfast during work hours. As long as someone is at the desk to cover. I have worked in recruitment before and Pulse was literally like heaven to me. I adore the company the people and the amazing reputation Pulse has. Pulse is a friendly honest recruitment agency which is why they are a big force to be reckoned with in the recruitment industry. We have a bar every Friday and bi monthly work drinks. The Christmas party is also a amazing event we are offered to stay in hotels and travel is also provided. Team nights out are also paid for. In pulse we get 21 days of holiday a year and every year you stay you get a extra day. Pulse also provide days off on bank holidays, Christmas Day, Boxing Day New Year's Day. No other agencies do this. Pulse also offer new starters team building. The employees are taken to the South of France (everything is paid for and it is during days of work). The accommodation isn't a rundown hotel, but a French Chatteau. The views are amazing. Swimming pool, trampolining, breakfast, lunch and dinner is all included. The employees take part in activities and we also got to know the director and managers very well. It was a good way to socialise and get to know each other. Pulse teally care about their employees. "Getting fired" in Pulse is something I have only witnessed twice in the 2 years I have been in the company. Other recruitment agencies will fire employees for no reason without batting a eyelid. The online system adapt is just amazing. We are provided with 2 screens that makes such a difference when working. Headsets are also provided, we don't have to physically dial we can dial and text from adapt. In my old agency I had to text from a phone which was tedious and time consuming. The canteen/ kitchen is really nice, lots of toilets and a beautiful garden area with a ping pong table.

Cons

Believe it or not I have nothing negative to say. i have read some negative reviews but I have had a such a positive experience in Pulse. Recruitment is a cut throat industry but Pulse has somehow changed the mould.

July 18, 2016Head of HR

Thank you for your feedback - it's fantastic to read so many positive comments about Pulse. We are passionate about creating a culture where our people feel valued and appreciated. It's great that you consider us to be a friendly and honest recruitment agency and that you have had such a positive experience in Pulse. Thank you for your feedback.

"Good Place to Work"

4.0
    Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at Pulse (UK)

Pros

Staff Development and progression, Team culture, benefits and great senior management team who are really truly passionate about their business.

Cons

No Automony to enhance own desk. Coming from a smaller agency I found having to be trained to go and meet my candidates and clients a little over the top when I had worked for over 10 years doing the same without issue.

July 18, 2016Head of HR

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. All feedback is greatly appreciated; helping us to ensure that Pulse continues to be a great place to work for everyone.

Found 23 reviews