Pulse (UK) Reviews

Updated 23 Jun 2020

4.0
Pulse (UK) CEO Mike Barnard
Mike Barnard

"Amazing people with a passion for what they do."

Current Employee - Candidate Attraction Executive in Cheshunt, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Both colleague and managers are great people who are passionate about what they do and are a joy to be around in and out of the office. - Invest in people and help to ensure you're progressing as a person not only for the business. - Career opportunties to move inside the company to make sure you're role is most suited to your preferences. - Contributing to help the mental health crisis in the UK for adults and children. - Remote working

Cons

Potential for more flexible working hours - example start early + finish early. (Although have never asked it's just not regularly displayed).

Continue reading
  2. "Proud to be part of such a supportive team."

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. great support from Managers and directors 2. excellent in house training and a clear career pathway for progression 3. Friendly and supportive environment to work in 4. transparency with pay and commission structures 5. Lots of opportunities to give feedback on the company and have our say 6. Getting to be part of the business reviews so we know how the company plans to move forward 7. Great incentives and rewards

Cons

No major concerns. We are given lots of opportunities to have our say on the company and provide constructive feedback on improvements that could be made

Continue reading

"A great company with great people!"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Broxbourne, East of England, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time for less than a year

Pros

I think the most important aspect of a job is working with people that genuinely care about what they do. At Pulse, I got that impression from day one and I haven't changed my mind since! Everyone is really friendly and helpful and it makes doing my job even more enjoyable. Pulse are very strong when it comes to internal career progression; it feels like managers really advocate for their teams to grow and move up within the company. There is also transparency about how to develop and a clear understanding of what you need to do to achieve the next step up in your career. The benefits at Pulse are pretty good too, including a decent holiday allowance with the opportunity to buy/sell days. There is also a lot of emphasis put on raising money for charity which means lots of internal events, cake sales and collaborations. Overall a great company to work for and I'm so pleased to be part of the team!

Cons

Could be more flexible with working hours (start/finish times)

4. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Contract Coordinator in Broxbourne, East of England, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company with wonderful people

Cons

I haven’t experienced anything negative, so cons to state.

June 14, 2019HR Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to read about your positive experience thus far and I hope that you continue to develop and progress in your career here.

5. "Pulse Nursing teams"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Having been part of the Pulse family for 10 years I am proud to work for such a great company. You have autonomy and trust to help grow the business, open communication and so much in terms of benefits from a simple thank you, through to an amazing Christmas party.

Cons

Very few, the nature of what we do = fast pace and often a busy environment, but if you work hard the pros certainly out weigh the cons

March 8, 2019HR Business Partner

Hi, it's great to read about your positive experience and to see that you'd recommend this as a great place to work. Listening and acting upon feedback play a key part in engaging with our employees and we'll continue to do so. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

6. "Business Manager"

Current Employee - Business Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent company to work for with lots of support. Great opportunities for promotion.

Cons

There isn’t anything to mention

March 1, 2019HR Business Partner

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to read that you feel there are good career opportunities here and that you'd recommend Pulse as a great place to work. We take on board your feedback and will share this with the senior managers.

7. "Excellent environment to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King's Cross, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great on boarding Clear career progression Compared to other recruitment companies great work life balance Always looking for feedback from staff Investment in staff and technology to support business performance rather than cost cutting

Cons

Sometimes can be demotivating when you see others who don't put as much effort in as yourself be allowed to get away with it

March 1, 2019HR Business Partner

Hi - thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback and take this on board as we want this to continue to be a great place to work. It's great to read that you feel there is a clear career progression and work-life balance. Investment in our people and the business is key to growth and so it's great to see that you'd recommend Pulse as a great place to work.

8. "Lovely place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Broxbourne, East of England, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pulse has a great training programme for new starters and continues to support you throughout your career with regular training & upsklling on market changes. Great incentives in place to keep us motivated whether it be the ability to win a £10 voucher or a trip away! There is always opportunity for you to grow with a clear career pathway. Enjoyable office with a great buzz! Overall a great place to work!!

Cons

Nothing significant that I need to share!!

March 1, 2019HR Business Partner

Hello, it's great to read about your positive experience and to see that you'd recommend this as a great place to work. Developing our people and recognition are a key part of engaging with our employees. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

9. "Pulse"

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Clear view of how to progress within your career, which is outlined in the career pathway - Amazing training offered from day one with the on-boarding programme for both new starters and employees of longer service. -Many opportunities available and always encouraged to reach your highest potential - Friendly and social team - a variety of ways to win days out, prizes and awards. Quarterly trips out for great performance/achievements - Supported many charity's and puts a great effort in to raising money for a different charity each year, also employees can nominate and vote for a charity close to them. - An overall fun and friendly environment to work in, there is always team morale and fun incentives to work towards.

Cons

-Work load can sometimes become stressful, but this is always supported by management -Parking can sometimes be an issue

March 1, 2019HR Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you feel our on-boarding programme and ongoing development sets our people up for success and that the frequent team and charity events are contributing to a great working environment. It's especially great to see that you've noted that we have a a clear career pathway; we have an abundance of opportunities here at Pulse and within ICS and we look forward to having you progress your career with us!

10. "Excellent place to work"

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time

Pros

Pulse have been very supportive and have kept to their word since i have started. The training that i have received has been amazing and has covered every detail.

Cons

I haven't experienced any cons. But it is normal to have a bad day, but if you are having a bad day the atmosphere in the office is so motivating and drives you to work hard and their is so much support and experience around you.

March 8, 2019HR Business Partner

Hello, it's great to read about your positive experience. Developing our people and having a great on-boarding process for our new joiners are key to success. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I hope that you continue to develop and progress in your career here.

Found 118 reviews