QIAGEN Applications Specialist Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Found 2 reviews

2.0
QIAGEN CEO Peer M. Schatz
Peer M. Schatz

"Not the best time to join them..."

Former Employee - Applications Specialist
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at QIAGEN full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I think upper management tries the best they could. Their hands are tied up by things above them that they have no control over. I applaud their positive attitude.

Cons

There's a lot of disarray going on with the company right now. There are 3 branches and 2 of the 3 branches have basically lost all of their business. It's frustrating becaue management still keeps saying everything is fine but some of us haven't had work in 3+ months. On the branch I was on, it's like the staff is already checked out. There is zero teamwork and comraderie. I have never worked with a "drier" group...

Advice to Management

It feels like management isn't talking to anyone about what's going on. People are really worried about their jobs yet they seem to continue to hire people even though there are people who haven't worked in months. There's only so much time stockholders are going to be okay with paying all these people to stay home.

QIAGEN2018-06-13
  2. "Good employer with good benefits. Good products you can stand for but redundant internal communication."

Current Employee - Applications Specialist
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at QIAGEN full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

QIAGEN has great products. Great quality that you can be proud of.

Cons

Ridiculous mentality as to how much you're expected to work. Everyone cheats to survive and it's an unofficially accepted system. But to still keep up the high pressure although it can never be satisfied is just stupid. Too much internal squabble where rules come before customer focus.

Advice to Management

Try to get more focus on customer satisfaction than your internal BCG rules and KPI.

QIAGEN2013-06-19