QIAGEN Associate Director Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Found 7 reviews

4.8
QIAGEN CEO Peer M. Schatz
Peer M. Schatz
  1. "Amazing Growth Potential where hard work is rewarded and recognised"

Current Employee - Associate Marketing Director in

I have been working at QIAGEN full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Ability to accelerate career Hard work is recognised Growth opportunities Strong leadership development Global Diversity program

Cons

Salaries need to be bench-marked more accurately with diagnostic industry

Advice to Management

Considerable improvements to still be made in developing and retaining top female talent

QIAGEN2019-06-20
  2. "A rewarding and diverse work environment with a tremendous sense of unity"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Waltham, MA

I have been working at QIAGEN full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Great feeling of contributing to make a difference in the health care sector -Agile and strong participation in daily operation -Management understanding of personal life constraints

Cons

The only downside would be the challenge of working with an organization with subsidiaries around the world and in various time zones

Advice to Management

Continue working at retaining talent and loyal employees

QIAGEN2019-05-01

"QIAGEN, Inc Review"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Germantown, MD
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at QIAGEN full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Some of the best people you could work with; Company benefits are quite good.

Cons

Siloed decision-making resulting in inefficiencies

Advice to Management

Involve stake-holders at all levels of a process before deciding on a course correction (and confirm the stake-holders engaged the input from the actual people doing the work)

QIAGEN2017-08-07
  4. "A place for hard work, challenges and professional refining"

Current Employee - Associate Director in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at QIAGEN full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The professional relationships that can be developed are amazing and professionally rewarding. Exposure to many different areas of the business is daily and constant - there is always something new to be experienced and learned.

Cons

Resources in some departments are significantly impaired because the understanding of those who can influence change in that area do not seem to comprehend what is required to truly ensure the work is done most effectively. This is not every business area, but is true for some.

Advice to Management

I do not work for QIAGEN only for a paycheck. I believe whole-heartedly in our mission statement and do my best every day to make a small contribution in that direction through my work and those who I lead. I also have faith in the Executive Committee that they make decisions they believe are the best overall for the company. We can't be afraid to make changes to grow, be more efficient, be more profitable. I think... for too many years QIAGEN had not been focussed enough on looking at ways to be more efficient so significant corrections have had to be made – and sometimes those changes are very hard, unpleasant and painful because they require changes to people. Where I feel that wrong change has been made is that QIAGEN's loyalty to the employee has been compromised in the quest for efficiency and, in turn, the loyalty of the general employee has shifted away from the company. I do not pretend that I know the big picture or understand the full scope and breadth of why changes need to be made, but I do know my own corner of the canvas very well and I feel the pulse of the employees that occupy that space with me. For my peers and I, our loyalty to QIAGEN has significantly diminished over the years, instead we are loyal to our immediate leaders because we trust them but we fear the company. We fear because we are being asked to make things work with insufficient resources while our clear, demonstrated, numbers-driven need for relief is dismissed and we’ve seen what happens to others who do not (or cannot) produce in that environment. The greatest cure for fear is communication that goes beyond a PowerPoint slide deck, an Excel spreadsheet or a company-wide email; it is communication that is personal, honest, transparent and open. Of course communication needs to be balanced so that our competition can’t leverage it against us. But I would challenge our QIAGEN leadership at all levels to trust their employees more, be more open and for those who are not comfortable with the information, let them leave but out of a realization they are not in the right place for themselves, not because they are in fear based out of ignorance or a feeling of helplessness. In this plea for more honest communication, I would also challenge our leadership to truly involve ALL the stakeholders in decision-making. I am not referring to sweeping company-wide policies, but to business decisions that are made by a limited number individuals who may think they are in full possession of the facts only to later discover that a significant and monetarily poor direction was chosen because they did not involve others who actually knew more about the daily requirements to realize the decision (I would prefer to be more specific here, but not at the expense of my anonymity). Bottom line is that I still love the QIAGEN I began working for years ago, but I truly believe we need to return to the value of “… relating to everyone in an open and honest manner” to “foster trust and build solid relationships with customers and employees alike.”

QIAGEN2016-11-05

"Decent Company"

Associate Marketing Director

I have been working at QIAGEN

Pros

Not much, unfortunately. Good Manager, nice colleagues.

Cons

Low pay, low 401K contribution, high turn over.

Advice to Management

Take care of the people who actually do the work and listen to them when they tell you that something is wrong about the lack of resources

QIAGEN2016-02-18
  6. "Interesting times"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Hilden

I have been working at QIAGEN full-time

Pros

New management is focussed on the numbers and outcomes. Information sharing is quite open now. Key figures shared on a regular basis. Colleagues are amazingly friendly, proactive and hard working and make up for the fact that processes and systems don't work.

Cons

Has a habit of taking a holistic view all the time and trying to solve every problem as a global problem. People end up walking in circles and not coming to a decision

Advice to Management

Get the culture more focussed on the right outcomes. Stop wasting time and building the brand. Get some power on the ground with more action not initiatives.

QIAGEN2015-11-13
  7. "Overall good Employer"

Current Employee - Associate Director Sales in Shanghai, Shanghai

I have been working at QIAGEN full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Strong teams and a very positive working culture and attitude. Most managers are encouraging and opportunities are available for those who are willing. Q has a strong pipeline, strong products and very high brand value, which makes it motivating to work for the company and follow the overall vision.

Cons

Segmentation in some areas don't make to much much sense and lead to internal struggles in the past.

QIAGEN2013-10-21