QIAGEN "good benefits" Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

QIAGEN Employee Reviews about "good benefits"

Updated Sep 12, 2019

Found 351 reviews

3.7
QIAGEN CEO Peer M. Schatz
Peer M. Schatz
Cons

Reviews about "good benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Fantastic people! Great placement year!!"

Current Employee - Placement Student (T A ) in Manchester City Centre, England

I have been working at QIAGEN full-time for more than a year

Pros

I am just about to finish a placement year here at QIAGEN, as a Biology student with Industrial Experience at the University of Manchester. The company has fantastic people working for them, they really make the job great. The work is varied, engaging and challenging at times but I learnt a wide range of new techniques and gained valuable lab experience here. The work is also important and rewarding, enjoyed every... day I spent working here and will hopefully be back in the future once I have earned my degree. They offer good benefits as well. Cannot recommend this organisation enough.

Cons

For me there really were no downsides, other than a lack of capacity to offer on-going part time work (they are not well set up for part time employees).

Advice to Management

Improve part time working options. Offer placements student opportunity to work from home/library when producing project reports for University.

QIAGEN2018-09-19

"Still a good company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hilden

I have been working at QIAGEN full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great colleagues, good benefits and an environment that is always open for improvements and ideas.

Cons

Too many restructuring initiative in the past years.

QIAGEN2018-07-31
  3. "Hopsital Sales Specialist"

I have been working at QIAGEN full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture good benefits, direct hire sales reps gets to pick a Mercedes as an option when choosing your company car. Gas card and company car comes with no out of pocket expenses to you. Great work, life balance if you know how to manage your time.

Cons

Training program could be better. Too many people working on one account. This needs to be streamlined.

Advice to Management

Streamline the new hire training program to make it more efficient. Company wide directories would be an excellent idea to give new hires!!!

QIAGEN2018-04-11
  4. "It's not a bad place to work"

Field Service

I have been working at QIAGEN

Pros

Good benefits and vacation. I always had very helpful managers.

Cons

Communication thought company could be improved.

QIAGEN2018-03-08
  5. "Excellent work environment"

I have been working at QIAGEN full-time

Pros

Great place to work, good benefits.

Cons

Low pay, frequent layoffs, Upper management ignores harassment complaints when is someone in their group. Clueless HR.

QIAGEN2017-11-07

"Overworked and Underpaid"

I worked at QIAGEN full-time

Pros

Some Managers very supportive Exposure to a diverse range of aspects of the business (if you push for it) Many co-workers are fantastic Good benefits package, particularly pension

Cons

Reshuffling of company structure has led to many essential roles being lost, without replacement of the expertise. Staff overworked leading the feeling of running from crisis-to-crisis. This can be a poor environment for critical thinking during product development. Lack of connection between those making business decisions, and those expected to meet the obligations leading to unrealistic timelines.... Underpaid for the industry.

Advice to Management

Your staff are your lifeline, don't patronise them. Justification of the turnover rate in comparison to retail industries is not helpful. Get rid of the 10% increase cap for internal promotions - it's driving away your good employees. Allow adequate resourcing on projects. Time pressure and changes in team dynamics leads to mistakes, which is not conducive to good science.

QIAGEN2017-10-11

"Great workplace with intelligent people"

I worked at QIAGEN full-time

Pros

Great work life balance and good benefits. Hack-a-thon every 6 months allows employees a nice creative outlet and chance to show their skills.

Cons

Work can get a little repetitive. Constant restructuring, re-organizations and layoffs yield for low morale and tenuous job security. No stock option or purchase plans for even high level scientific and software development positions.

Advice to Management

Need to instill better morale among employees via. less employment uncertainty, stronger company culture and better stock benefits.

QIAGEN2017-03-21

"Good working environment, bad organization structure"

I have been working at QIAGEN full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- supportive colleagues (across regions) - good benefits - clearly defined roles and structures within the organization - clearly defined and meaningful vision / mission

Cons

- frequent restructuring - bad compensation - senior management has a wait and see attitude before making a decision, so QIAGEN is more often than not late to the game

Advice to Management

- retain talent

QIAGEN2017-02-08

"Rough"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at QIAGEN full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked at QIAGEN for almost two years. I worked there because my employer was acquired by them. Pros I would say...its a pretty easy job if you're just looking for a paycheck. They have pretty good benefits and paid time off.

Cons

If you want to work with smart people, this unfortunately is not the place. They may hire smart people, but they do not reward intelligence. It's all a big political game, constant restructuring, management making new decisions every month on how to structure the teams and which projects to push forward, and all they take into account is their budget and how this will look to the exec team in Germany. In order to... move up you must play the game, and not actually get any tangible work done. Their HQ is miserable, thankfully I was not working there.

Advice to Management

They need an entire new management team. I wouldn't even know what advice to give them to help the situation.

QIAGEN2016-11-28

"Pros & Cons"

I worked at QIAGEN

Pros

QIAGEN has good benefits and a pretty good Paid Time Off policy. Decent office environment. Great products and services-diagnostics can have a really positive impact on people's health.

Cons

Quantity over quality mentality. Inconsistent policies and procedures-flextime for some employees yet there's no formal policy. Lots of surveys and pulse checks but very little feedback/results or visible improvement in problem areas.

Advice to Management

Your employees are your most valuable resource. Compensate each employee (not just top management) for what he/she is really worth, respect their opinions and contributions, communicate openly and honestly. You will be surprised what you receive in return.

QIAGEN2016-09-29